Home

WIP - Bothan Jedi Master

BradFu

Update! Body nearly completed, just need hands and feet :)

Without Outer Robe

http://windu.cjb.net/bothanbody1.jpg

With Outer Robe

http://windu.cjb.net/bothanbody2.jpg

I'm very happy with how it looks fully robed, I think that's the way I'll be finalizing it :) As soon as I finish the feet and hands, it'll be ready for unwrapping, which I'll definitely need help on.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a picture of Borsk on the cover of Zahn's Spectre of The Past novel. But he looks rather strange for a Bothan, as he is wearing a vest like thing and more human-style clothes. But he was Chief of State so I reckon he'd probably wear the elegant style gown like your model shows.

Bradfu great job. I remember seeing you model of a alien head a while back and this definately blows it away. Youve definately giveing me motivation to stick with my degree im going for in animation and multimedia. I'm still in the early stages, havnt got my hands on the computer end yet, and seeing what some of these modelers were going through I've been questioning myself quite a bit about it and to see what youve be able to do with a little study over a couple weeks has given me inspiration. By the way anyone know of any free trial versions or certain other programs out there to use?

Originally posted by bobafett101

Perfect; this model makes me want Star Wars Galaxies right now.

dont you want SWG all the time? i know i do:P im gonna live in a whole and play that sh|t 24/7

and brad model looks excellent!

i been lookin for some tutorials for gmax, know where i can find some? im just tryin to do some basic crap so i can make some lightsaber hilts, then mabey some time move up to models of chars.

i tried downloading tutorials from discreet.com but its 15mb and the server is slow as hell, goin 400bytes on my gay ass 56k dial up crap...

i lost my cable last month temp. =(

anyways, keep up the kick ass work!

p.s. - got any plans on makin a c3po model? that would be funny :p

I think it looks a little off because of the sleeves. They are VERY baggy, though thats the way I intended them to be :)

Not gonna spam with a new thread for this, but I'm now looking for someone to finish the unwrapping on this fella. Anyone interested, please e-mail me at bradfu@msn.com :)

Way to go Bradfu!!!!

That's some Great work you've done there!

Nice, man! You've definitely given me hope. I've just started messing around with Gmax myself. Great to see another modeller come to life.

I love the braids/ponytails!

Hope you can get some help finishing him up.

I would say that the hood is slightly too narrow. You could fix that with the skin, you could paint flat folds around the buldge you've created, but it would probably look nicer if you did it with the model.

Really nice looking model!

-nomad

MTFBWY

Guys, come on, don't spam Brad's thread with talk of Galaxies. Go to the Swamp or whatever the social board is.

As for skins for the model, is anyone lined up yet, and what characters if any are being planned? BradFu, do you have anything in mind for your Jedi? I always love hearing about the serious characters and their stories.

I'll increase the size on the hood some more, but not as big as Plo's, his hood is huuuge :) He could probably put Yoda on his head and still fit the hood over :D

This Bothan is named Master Fa'row. I'll be skinning him with greying hair. he's older than the normal life-span of a Bothan male. If you want to read a little bit about him, you can check out the prologue to my Calaron Sector Watchmen story http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/stories/prologue.html

I'll probably do an alternate younger skin of him, since I'm going to make him look young to start off anyway, then add age.

Archived