Home

WIP - Bothan Jedi Master

BradFu

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm , I was not aware of any size difference. Much like yoda that may pose issues if we are talking a small species. However un like yoda_hover (soon to be publicly released a old private release is still up on kotor site) This can not be resolved by creating a hover chair.It may have to wait untill a mod is used to modify size.

Now for the good news .I am almost done with the skinning.

This model has had a long time in coming ,from its original start ,to its multiple transfers of modelers ,to its eventual winding up with me ,to its scraping of the model by me ,to its final rekindeled intrest and almsot compleat rebuild.To finally done!!

It has many extras in it ,mainly for skiners. I have set it up so that you can virtualy create a entire race of bothans from this model. It is looking like I have solved most of the z fighting issues (visable above) and added a hidden skin as well.For a total of 4 but countless others are possible. ( you'll see ).But the one thing I am really lacking is sounds , any one have any ideas or rare recordings that are approiate , or for that matter even rare "quotes" to use in the bot files ?

KOTORMRJay

For a reference those are not the actual skins (besides the face) they were just images I used when qvmapping. The only part left to skin is the "hair" (will be multiple colors if I have the time , and I still need to skin the inner robe (the one that here appers grey) The outer robe has been skinned to a dark brown ,the hair ties to a goldish color , and the belt to a off brown/gold color as well. The hip extras are still a basic yellow (the weave that the outer robe is in the above pics.) I am still uncertain how much work I am going to be able to put into the hair though.I would kinda like to do the "transparent" hair tech. done on the wookie model however I am not sure if I have the time to set it up,we will see.

But please keep the comments coming and any sugestions on the hair or inner robe colors ( for they are as of yet not skinned ,I did test a brown hair out and so far the brown hair has my vote ) (As I mentioned before I am not very knoledgable when it comes to bothans.so feel free to sugest any knoledge based facts or info.) Thanks again for the interest in my models.

KOTORMRJay

For the voices... Hum... Maybe we should cast someone, and add some effects... But I will see a voice like a lion in Lion King!

Concerning the specy:

They are in average 1.6 meter.

Personality: manipulative, crafty, suspicious and curious by nature. They are loyal and brave.

Physical Description : are covered with fur (if I am not wrong Borsk Fey'lya has some purple in the fur) which ripples in response to their emotional state. They have tapered, pointed ears and both males and females sport beards.

Languages: they speak Bothanese and Basic

Age: child: 1-11 ; young adult: 12-16; adult: 17-45; middle age: 46-65; old: 66-84; venerable: 85+

Source: WoC's Ultimate Alien Anthology

hmm , that is a interesting development. I was unaware that the females had beards too. kinda weird ? well if I was to make a female version ,would you the jk2/3 public prefer her with or without a beard ? (maby its just me but it brings back circus memories of the "bearded lady")

And as far as the hight ,I am rusty with my metric conversions but we are talking about a creature a little bigger than yoda yes?

As far as the sounds I can record a voice talent fo rit but I dont have access to a voice talent such as was used in the "lion king" and on top of it my recordign equimptment is not what it shoudl be ,I may for now leave it as defaults ,but I'd like to avoid that if possible . Does any one have a recording of any bothan sounds? like from other starwars games or anything?

P.S. thansk fo rthe assitance in info !!

KOTORMRJay

KotorMRJay: you're welcome! :)

Concerning the sound, except in SWGalaxies, there is no playable character as Bothan in any other games. But you can see them in Rebellion, as a team of spy I think.

I am wondering why my SW avatar is a Bothan! LOL

1: Well at current moment I am beta testign it as well as soem of the kotors but perhaps I will allow you a beta test :)

2: The kotor web site is currently under much disrepair ,but I hope to repair it soon ,I do have two models up on it a relic beta of the gandalf pack (even missing a model) and a relic version of the yoda_hover as well. I will give the link but for now I do forbid the resending of the gandalf or the yoda models ,I will be publicly releasing them very soon.And if you do play with them please rember where they came from :)

( P.S. These betas were only released to inlist some help , you know to get a rise out of them ,and the idea with the redo of the excelent work kinja did ,was for "nopatchers" whom do not have access to the "mods" , so it is a "PRE SIZED" yoda no mod required ,but there are some z fighting it is the price you pay for size)

http://www.geocities.com/kotor1warriors

more or less this site is just not done and way to graphic.I will be redoing it for them once I have some free time come up.But at least you can get a preiview of thigns to come.But sadly it is a geo site so it is very limited to files less than 5 megs so most of the really good models are not nor will be put on the site ,sadly same is true of the maps. But most will be publicly released soon.

Rember no rereleasing of the stuff !! if you want to dl it thats cool and if your friends want to dl it that is cool too but for now it is only avaliable on the kotor site and as a relic of a beta.But if you do like the betas tell me and I may put a little more effort in to final tweaks on them before the full release.(ps gandalf works best with the sword mod I made ,at jk3files.com , lotor sword pack or somethign like that.)

KOTORMRJay

Archived