Home

v1.04... just wow

Kodak

holy crap this patch sucks

I just happen to get it this morning and im playing

everyone seems to be using lightning now and whats wit this

pull + kick non stop now?

seems to be the new move, no more sabers or something?

cant they have just limited the yaw speed....

ah well flame me plz :D

You cannot limit the yawspeed because it is a game engine command and would be too much trouble. As for kicks I have allways used them and I do not need pull to get the job done. You can easily dodge or counter kicks with push, grip or a simple roll. The other way is to attack from the sides and rear of your opponent. I kick people to death because they are not smart enough to attack from another direction other than right in my face. Remember you are a Jedi and can attack in all kinds of ways and counter those same attacks as well.

Don't complain just practice more. If someone goes for a kick with me I force grip them, kick them back and finish with a dfa. Try not to use up all of your force power at once and you will be able to counter the kick.

As for the saber it now takes more skill to kill your opponent and not just a bind or luck. Practice makes perfect. Heck if you hate it that much reinstall and go play 1.3 or a pure server.

Bleh, why don't you stop complaining. If they suck so much, why do you keep playing. It's just like CS, where EVERY NEW PATCH Sucks.

Pull and Kick was used in the other patches too, if you don't want to be pulled and kick, use absorb. :o:rolleyes:

i have to say that 1.04 is much better than 1.03... didn't play 1.02 very much (only started with 1.03) so i can't compare there...

the point is that kick, pull, lightning are all very easy moves to counter... and absorb is an excellent skill to use properly... the best thing is that now people should learn more than just backsweep to win duels... (just b/c backsweep was way too easy to perform without error b4, and pretty much guaranteed instant kills)... this expansion of repertoire can only be a good thing!!! and kicks, lightning etc. aren't enough to get by either... any experienced player won't have a problem with these... (yes, i know they get annoying, and it's stoopid that these are some of the most effective strategies nonetheless... but why else would the emperor be spamming lightning, if it weren't so damn effective??? :)

my biggest complaint about 1.04 is that duels still last as long as hell... and those who jus run and force heal all the time mean that you could easily reach a stalemate where impatience is going to be the downfall, rather than a constant battle of skill...

we just have to accept the patch as it is, but i think it's a welcome relief from a world of JKII where you only really needed to know one move really well to succeed...

Originally posted by Sith Maximus

You cannot limit the yawspeed because it is a game engine command and would be too much trouble...

Would be just one line of c++ code while parsing the jk2mpconfig.cfg. Thats too much? Well I might overestimate their capacities.

why is everyone complaining about 1.04 now? all they did really was fix blue stance scaling. and unblockable force pull

Maybe you people should try using guns instead of only using sabers? you might find out you enjoy the game more when you use more then 1 weapon.

I actually see little difference between 1.04 and 1.03. The game seems fine to me. I've been playing since the first version. And stop whining about the kick. I know kickers are annoying, but I usually get 1st or 2nd place on server w/o using kick. My ping is around 250-400 so kicks are nearly impossible for me to pull off.

As for that blue stance gliding bug, I am still able to do it, so I don't know if you guys are referring to a different bug.

Originally posted by K_Kinnison

why is everyone complaining about 1.04 now? all they did really was fix blue stance scaling. and unblockable force pull

Maybe you people should try using guns instead of only using sabers? you might find out you enjoy the game more when you use more then 1 weapon.

Well as far as I understand them, they are complaining about 1.03 and 1.04. But I guess after 3982 posts you dont bother with the details :p. Using guns? Isnt that a bit pointless? So why not playing CS then?

Originally posted by sean_t_99

I actually see little difference between 1.04 and 1.03. The game seems fine to me. I've been playing since the first version. And stop whining about the kick. I know kickers are annoying, but I usually get 1st or 2nd place on server w/o using kick. My ping is around 250-400 so kicks are nearly impossible for me to pull off.

As for that blue stance gliding bug, I am still able to do it, so I don't know if you guys are referring to a different bug.

you probly see little difference because you haven't updated yet. you can't glide anymore, and there's a huge difference in game play, the backstab isn't spammed anymore except by morons ...

Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA

Good riddance to good rubbish. Good to see 1 less llama playing the game :).

If you don't like 1.04, PLAY ON 1.03 SERVERS!

Name calling, hmmm ... who's the llama ? the one who can't actually read is the closer to a llama , where did i say that i couldnt kill a noob, or that a skilled player could not, just, there are too many way to evade fast kills and regain health when in trouble and I wont argue longer with this...

Fact is , ppl are deserting JK2 and it's already quite difficult to find a "decent" ctf/saberonly/forcepower-on server, now if i have to use 1.03 and can find one decent server with more than 5 ppl actually playing on it [not just showing off and doing tricks with map bugs] i will be lucky...

Originally posted by BigMexican

you probly see little difference because you haven't updated yet. you can't glide anymore, and there's a huge difference in game play, the backstab isn't spammed anymore except by morons ...

LOL! If he can glide, he is still below 1.04, sure!

I am no professional whiner, i was a long time CS player, i never ever complained about patches, only used to give my opinion on changes and always did i do my best to adapt to changes before i voice this opinion...

with JK2 1.04 it's the first time ever that i decide to quit a game because the gameplay was ruined by a patch.

I don't know for duel mode or other modes, but this patch has rendered CTF and such on saber only completely boring.

AND I dont complain because i am being killed to much, but for the exact opposite reason : it's hard being killed ! And most importantly, if someone with a little skill has the flag, you will never get it back and the game becomes a game of first flag bearer to suicide out of boredom.

A saber game NEEDS onet-hit kill techniques. and it also needs that one works his skill in order to pary them and know the timing to execute them without being killed.

IT IS NORMAL and EXPECTED that a skilled player kills a newbie fast and clean.

Noobs cried because they died too much and too fast rather than train to get better and what happened ? developers removed every bit of skill expectation from the game... cool ! nah...

I fecking used to get killed clean, fast and often not so long ago when i started playing jk2 [i started with 1.03, i dont know nothing about 1.02] i worked, and guess what, my skill got better and i had no reason to whine after assfighters, pull/backstabers ...

This has already been long debated here btw..

" V 1.04 Sucks"

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69431

on this same forum

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Good riddance to good rubbish. Good to see 1 less llama playing the game :).

If you don't like 1.04, PLAY ON 1.03 SERVERS!

Ever think about turning saber scale damage on? I played on a CTF server w/ a 2X scale, and it was easier to return the flag than in 1.03 even. Also, if you are an experienced player playing against a n00b, and can't kill them, then you obviously only relied on the spam moves in 1.03, because I seem to have no problem whatsoever killing people in 1.04.

Also, you can install Jedimod, and enable the backstab damage.

Don't be a part of the problem, be a part of the solution.

Originally posted by sean_t_99

You stupid kunt. You are totally a stoopid beach. You didn't upgrade at all idiot. You are still using 1.03 if you can glide down in blue stance. Go upgrade yourself and then comeback to the forums.

Archived