Home

Jedi Mod 2.0

jediemceeih

Dest's new mod, Jedi Mod the one with the dual sabers and shtuff, is AWESOME. But what about us "non-edumecated" players who don't know JACK about coding and commands, and look at the readme that came with the mod... and say "Wow, this cant be to hard." Then try doing it and end up throwing there computer into the bushes? I sure as heck are one of the players that fit in that category (except for the bushes part of course, im not THAT wasted that it wont work on my computer.) I mean it comes up and everything but EVERY command wont work.. I extracted all files into my game database folder whatever but It still wont work. If you know how to fix this please add a post to this thread explaining how to fix our "problem", If not for me than for the rest of the "un-edumecated" players of Oucast. :spin:

OR, you can email me how to do it at jediemceeih@hotmail.com :-D God bless everyone

Repeated 'un-edumacated' use is raising Psychotic Meter..

-=Daishin's Psychotic Meter=-

Empty | | | | | [|] | | FULL

Er.. in answer to your question, the only thing I can suggest is find a readme or a proficient coder AND ask. Because forums are sketchy places to get information at best, and it will only come in horribly mismatched ways.

The only way I know how to use a command is /[command].. But that might not be right.

Make sure that all files from the zip end up in the gamedata/JediMod directory. Also Other mods in the base directory may be causing problems with my mod. So try taking all mods out of the base directory. Mods should have their own folders and not be in the base directory.

Is that the Kaiburr Saga mod. I browsed that and was interested... But I agree, what's with these mod people. I mean, I'm a simple guy who likes games, esp. games that can be moded. But I don't know jack about how to download them, much less make them. Show us some love!!

Originally posted by Keiran-Halcyon

Damn it. Can someone please explain how to get the damn jedimod working and where is that damnt *.bat file in the zip. I´ve been trying to get it to work for hours and hours now.

well some ppl in the other thread fix it.. by putting the jedimod folder in the gamedata but instead putting it the base folder.. Hope this works =)

Jedi Mod is cool and all but the documents NEED to be completed. Just listing the commands doesn't help worth beans. We need detailed description for the commands and changes. This does just apply to Jedi Mod. ALL MODs need better documentation!!!

The documents will be better in version 1.1.

Here is the faq I am working on.

FAQ

1. How do I turn on my second saber?

2. How do I turn on the dualbladed saber?

3. What emotes are there in the game?

4. How do I load JediMod with the dedicated server?

5. What are the new special moves?

Trouble Shooting

1. JediMod doesn't load. Gives a white screen and a user interface error

2. JediMod isn't in the mods menu.

3. JediMod behaves strangely

4. Stance colors are missing

FAQ:

1. How do I turn on my second saber?

type /twosaber or /dualsaber in the console while your saber is off

typing this again while your sabers are off will go back to the single saber.

If you are hosting the server make sure mod_dualsaber is set to 1.

2. How do I turn on the dualbladed saber?

type /thedestroyer or /dualblade while your saber is off to toggle the dualbladed saber

if mod_dualblade is set to 2 then executing this command while you have double sabers

will turn on double dual bladed sabers.

3. What emotes are there in the game?

/sit -sits do again the stand up

/stand -stands up from sit, typing /sit a second time will do the same thing

/kiss -kisses another player if both of you have your sabers off

/taunt -does the spinning saber taunt

/draw -does a nifty saber drawing move

/nod -nods your ehad

/shake -shakes your head

/super -strike a superman pose

/thumbsdown -looks like your giving something a thumbs down

when binding emotes or commands to keys make sure to leave the / out.

ex. bind x "super" and not bind x "/super"

4. How do I load JediMod with the dedicated server?

add +fs_game JediMod to the command line.

ex. "C:\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2ded.exe" +set fs_game JediMod

5. What are the new special moves?

purple stance: forward + jump + attack while facing the enemy.

Jumps fairly high and does a spinning twirling thingy.

orange stance: forward + jump + attack while facing the enemy.

same move as the yellow stance.

Trouble Shooting:

1. JediMod doesn't load. Gives a white screen and a user interface error

Try updating to the 1.04 patch. If this doesn't work you may have a mod in your base directory

that is interfereing with my mod. Try removeing all mods from your base directory.

2. JediMod isn't in the mods menu.

Make sure all the files from the zip end up gamedata/JediMod

3. JediMod behaves strangely

Another mod may be interfering with my mod. Try removing all mods from your base directory.

4. Stance colors are missing

You need both JediMod v1.0 and the JediMod patch to version 1.1

Both JediMod (JediMod.pk3) and the patch (JediMod1_1.pk3) must be in the JediMod directory.

hey dest, can you also add faqs about the dualphase saber (the long one) and the model scaling options. that would also help out a bunch! :) I love the mod by the way, i've wanted tavion's and desann's stances for a long time. i also like the way the sabers are held. very cool. cant wait till your new version.

Dest, can I make a request for the next ver? Well, instead of having purples special the jumping butterfly could you make it the kick ass move where you run along, jump and stab down in the air. It's kind of like medium finisher but different. You execute it by running a set amount of speed then jump and attack with your crosshair over your target, but right now it's only in single player.

If you could put that in it would be really cool as the move would go great with two sabres and double bladed sabres.

Actually, I put this in today and found it to be rather cool.

The "un-nerf" cvars simply rule.

The two-saber stuff is great too.

You have not played JO until you have done an Orange stance, two-sabered backslash with both the v1.03 pivot and the v1.03 damage scale.

If that would have been in the "regular" game I think the people who complained about the backstabs would have fainted and knocked out a couple of teeth when their open mouths collided with their keyboards.

Really, cool mod.

Archived