Home

when spectating......

Twins of Doom

a lot of people don't like duels because of the wait time...i have some tips for those people

a) watch from a distance...it makes the people look a lot more skilled!

b) watch and figure out a tactic you can use to beat them (then you won't have to wait as much either)

c) push alt - enter then alt - tab to go on the internet or something rather than watch (i do this one a lot)

d) talk to the people, if you can get a good convo going your turn comes a LOT faster

i ususally watch whoever won the last duel, figuring out what his trick is.

Then 9 times of 10 when my turn comes I kick his ass.. unless he's much better than I am and no amount of preperation could save me.

I usually watch the person who is winning. Trying to find out the moves and style they like to use.

But, I also like to watch from a distance, it does look like the movie saber battles sometimes, pretty funny stuff :D

I don't have a problem with waiting, unless some idiot is playing, like last night. This one guy just kept running around the map, just running. Everyone had to chase him and kill him. It was a drag, fortunately he left after everyone kept dogging him.

I dislike the people who just want to annoy everyone else.

Peace

Thanks! I've been playing in window mode forever now because alt tab doesnt work when i'm in full screen(Every other game works for me,weird) And it's a hassle to change from full screen to window just to alt tab, thatnks for the hot key

And another tip, make sure the top of your IE (or Netscape) is below the part of the background of the game where it usually says (so and so is dueling whatever) so you don't get mistaken for AFK ;)

"And another tip, make sure the top of your IE (or Netscape) is below the part of the background of the game where it usually says (so and so is dueling whatever) so you don't get mistaken for AFK"

Call me an idiot, but what is AFK? And how would you surf the net if it's under the game?

I know I'm not an idiot, I just don't know all the acronyms. But I also know certain people will think I am just because I'm not online as much and don't know all of them.

And the other question just became self explanatory.

Thank You for answering me Druid.:D

Here is a good tip:

What I do is join a FFA server and watch two guys duel. When one wins I put my saber away and walk up to him. He then challeneges me. I lightning him to death and get an easy kill. heh heh!

In duels lightning drain combo works good if the other player is the darkside. Pull and backsweep is also good.

sean_t_99, you are one of the llamas, eh? Your kind is what really ruins the game, not the patches, not the n00bs, not the pull/bs whores. It's the llamas.

Helpful hint: If you're a lightsider, NEVER challenge someone w/out absorb on, there are always idiots like sean_t_99 who don't respect the honor of duels.

Originally posted by sean_t_99

Here is a good tip:

What I do is join a FFA server and watch two guys duel. When one wins I put my saber away and walk up to him. He then challeneges me. I lightning him to death and get an easy kill. heh heh!

In duels lightning drain combo works good if the other player is the darkside. Pull and backsweep is also good.

LOL! Gold!

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

c) push alt - enter then alt - tab to go on the internet or something rather than watch (i do this one a lot)

Yeah, there's nothing like people downloading stuff in the backround and ruining everybody's pings... :rolleyes:

Just kidding, surfing would be okay but keep in mind that you are probably slowing down the server, at least when dl'ing big files...

Originally posted by Bluezman

Yeah, there's nothing like people downloading stuff in the backround and ruining everybody's pings... :rolleyes:

Just kidding, surfing would be okay but keep in mind that you are probably slowing down the server, at least when dl'ing big files...

i don't slow it down:P

the advantages to having a 1.1MB/second connection at optimum speed....what a really would love to have would be a QC3 (155MB/Sec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA

sean_t_99, you are one of the llamas, eh? Your kind is what really ruins the game, not the patches, not the n00bs, not the pull/bs whores. It's the llamas.

Helpful hint: If you're a lightsider, NEVER challenge someone w/out absorb on, there are always idiots like sean_t_99 who don't respect the honor of duels.

Yup sean_t_99 is a freakin idiot Llama!!!

Whatever the **** that means

Originally posted by sean_t_99

Here is a good tip:

first of all we are talking about duel servers, not ffa servers

second of all...the person challenged you to a duel, and you lightning them down!? how cheap can you get?

if you don't want to do look to one side then the other a couple times as if to shake your head...don't just lightning them because they won't attack until they need to defend themselves

it is just cheap

• 2 weeks later...

I fully agree with what most of you say here, honor of duels and such things. It's just poor cheap if someone lightnings you when you try to challenge them (with saber down also!).

What I often do when spectating is flying off in the spec-view, and try to catch the action "on camera". It's really nice! When playing in LAN, I often catch the duels of my friends on a demo, to re-view it another time, of just for some cool moves of it...

"Had the idea yesterday to make a music video of cool JKII scenes... I'll give it a try..."

Peace & Respect

-- Aetherfukz

Archived