Home

Do you kill people with their sabers down?

sean_t_99

I am just wondering what you guys think about killing people with their sabers down. Personally, I ususally kill them for two reasons:

1. I am sick of the players that start fighting with me and then put their sabers down. Once I kill them they tell everyone on the server I killed them with their saber down, I am a cheater, I suck ect....

2. Other players stand around with their sabers down and when I walk by them, with my saber down, they do some pull/backsweep combo and kill me.

Honestly, I think the SC is a bunch of BS. Usually I watch players and kill the one's that give me a reason to kill them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO,

You have Honor my friend.

If they initiate any conflict, or fight back when engaged with their saber out, then they should be responsible enough to finish it. wether it leads to your demise, or theirs. To run off with the saber down for health or sheilds makes them only a weaker prey, and they are trying to take advantage of your good faith as a combatant. . . FINISH them . . FINISH IT. Gain your closure and know that this warrior doesn't look down on you in any way for these acts . . Oh and HAVE FUN dammit!! . . ;)

I agree. Here is my philosophy and I live by it faithfully.

1. If saber is down, I do not kill. Unless, you have killed me when my saber was down. Oh yes, I will have my vengance.

2. If you are chatting with saber up or down, I do not kill. Unless, you have done it to me. Oh yes, I will have my vengance.

3. If you're fighting someone, and they put saber down, I'll usually wait a couple secs, maybe ask them what's up. No reply = kill. At this point, you are in my opinion, permitted to kill them.

It is pretty frustrating to have some fcukers on the server that have no respect for the other players. Usually, that person or persons are scapegoated immediately and killed with every opportunity.

PLEASE ALL - DO NOT KILL WHEN SABER DOWN

It's the cheapest kill you could get and if you're hungry for frags that bad, then u suck.

Later

Well . . I will make sure to seek you out then . . won't I . .

Looking forward to fighting a true devilish combatant. It's about time some one Actually stayed on the dark side. They say Dark meat is better for you . . I wanna see . . So swears RONIN{VAL}.

You do realize . . it's a game . . right?

;)

my thoughts on saber down:

if they use it to get close to me for a kill...they die

if somebody advances on me while i have my saber off...they die

if they are talking with saber on or off i leave them alone (unless it CTF, CTY, or Team FFA then i kill them

in CTF, CTY and Team FFA i kill them if their saber is off no matter what unless i have good reason not to (somebody asked a question and they are answering it for example)

if they attack me while my saber is down i will fight back and have my vengeance being as cheap as possible

I never attack someone with their saber down. It's like pulling a gun on someone in a gunfight that doesn't have a gun. People that do do it piss me off real bad. It's usually the people who run around with their saber always on, though.

I usually don't even kill people that don't have their window up or saber off, because i usually figure they're having connection problems or something, and if they can't fight back, then there's no point in killing them. the next patch needs to limit the damn dfa to like 1 a minute.

I never attack people with saber down. I don't need a quick kill (except for a flag carrier. Yeah man, SC can't protect you from me attacking you).

There are times, when I go on a server, turn my saber down, and keep running around, spectating the fights (I know, that I should use spectator mode for this ;)) or I just walk. There are some people ignoring me, but there are also some or more trying to get a quick kill. Too bad I'm not always in a fighting mood to repel them succesfully.

:tsk: Never kill anybody with their saber down unless they hit you with yours down. There could be any number of reasons why they need the space such as phone or doorbell or they just might wanna ask you how you just did that wicked move!

My dirty little secret...

If your saber is down. You are going to get a wake up call. I don't care if you are in the process of typing a message. If you want to chat, visit a forum such as this or use an IM or email. I for one, have everything I need to say binded (ie. Hey, lol, gg, bye, etc). If I don't have something binded I find a safe spot to type if need be. If I get killed, that's my fault and I deserve it. But unlike some of these newbs that stand out in the middle of an open area and bitch about how I killed them with their sabers down is ridiculous. I need to create a new bind, "Guess you shouldn't have been standing there." Becuase the point is... if I don't kill them someone else is.

Honor is over-rated. You can't assume everyone is going to be honorable. You start off honorable and when you have played as much as myself you learn not to trust anyone. Sure you can assume you can trust even your clanmates, but even then let's say you are both fighting the same guy and your clanmate kills you. Then he say's, "sorry." I know, it happens. Not intentionally, but even still. This is a reason I don't join a clan. Clanmembers get in the way in FFA's and each clanmember you play with is one less person you get to kill. I don't care much about SA honor as you can tell. Although I don't run up to some moron just standing still and DFA'em. I usually give them a wake up call by throwing my saber at them to get their attention. I seek no fun in killing anyone who is unmobile. But if they don't fight back after I toss my saber then they are gonna get sabered!

IMO, if you want to fight honorably, seek out a NF/SO/Duel Server or join a clan whom only fights amongst themselves with honor. But for the majority, never put your saber down unless your on the move....

Do any of you who respect your SC's find yourself attacking someone with their saber down while on the move? (ie. running, walking, jumping, rolling)

Or, does your SC only go into play when your opponent is standing still?

For example; the only time I don't attack someone with their saber down while on the move is when they are challenging me to a duel. Same goes for at a stand-still.

If it's FFA and I'm looking for a fight, screw em.

I'll sit there and stare at them for a few seconds, giving them ample opportunity to react. I make aggressive moves as a last chance, a sort of firing across the bow, and if they still haven't reacted (and don't have a type baloon over their head), it's DFA time.

Tubby bich should log out if he wants to eat his dinner. ;)

Why do people put their sabers down in the first place? I'm not sure I get it at all.

Do they still put the speech balloons over your head when chatting (like in Q3)? I see the little menu system sometimes, and I don't kill those people, but when someone is just standing there, I feel just fine killing them. Besides, how does it hurt you to get killed? They get a point, but you don't really lose anything.

I play NF Duel & I will hit you with saber down if it's obvious you're not chatting or having a problem. Once you bow, the fight is on! I will also turn off my saber at times while changing stances & leave it off until pressing attack automatically turns it back on. I don't expect others to lay off me just because I'm walkin around with my saber off either. Bring it!

This is not to be confused with chatting. I always wait until someone is done chatting & ready to go again, but just walking around with saber off cuts you no slack.

Originally posted by sean_t_99

Are you talking to me? Anyway, I like the sarcasm. If you are interested in AMD and Intel and want to read something funny and sarcastic go here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/smoke/02q3/020715/index.html

No Brother Sean, I was talking to ZEROWINGZERO . . .

I hold you in pretty high regards, but should you ever need a dummy to practice your DFA's on . . I'm Your DUMMY!! . .

;)

Yes, I kill them--I see no reason for another player to want special treatment unless they were configuring something or typing. To that effect, If they have the chat icon above their head I generally won't. I would rather enjoy reading why people feel the saber off should exist.

Anyhow,

On a server with ranged weapons, it becomes imperative to attack anybody at any time, as a player armed with grenades can appear like a player who simply turned their saber off.

Even still, I find time to test this interesting piece of etiquette on whenever I can. Since I can handle myself in 80% of the battles I encounter, I like to walk around with my saber off to see the reaction I get.

I'm not part of the *ASC*, i was just mad that i got kicked from a server for NOT BOWING.

When will people learn, it's a game, not a real life "honorable" duel, peiple like that make me wanna go and play pong onine.

On a side note i don't attack people with there saber down in duels (Some people have good reasons)

I don't play FFA but if they turn their saber off to get health, they can also get a nice saber in their back. :)

Hey, It's all good brother Zerowingzero . . You don't have to ride the fence for me . . I respect everyones opinions here, and I will defend their rights to have them. I love to hear what every one has to say, and I do not think less of them if their opinion differs from mine . . no biggy. That's what makes the world and it's people so interesting to me. Only thing I don't like is the guys that have the one PULL/Spinning move . . and thats it. Met a guy today called "Falling Down". He would come up with saber down and PULL/Spin+backstab . . and thats all he seemed to do. So I challenged him to take away his PULL . . Surprisingly enough . . He had real skill, and I told him so . . he killed me (after a good battle) and I gained respect for him, because he showed me that he was a much deeper and more centered warrior that I had assumed.

That is what I try to do with every one here . . I try, but I am only human. So, If I mistakenly misjudge any one . . call me on it . . I will be the first to say "I'm sorry" . . but be who you are, and never regret that . . um, unless your an A$$HOLE . . LOL

Archived