Home

Do you kill people with their sabers down?

sean_t_99

Lol Hogan

No offence, but i don't like bowing, i see it as pointless and a waste of peoples time (especially in duel servers) But on the same respect, i don't attack people when they are bowing, and if they are taking too long to do it, i always make some offensive move (such as a few random blue swings)

Maybe if people stop bowing, it's catch on like the bowing craze...

BROTHER!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sean_t_99

I am just wondering what you guys think about killing people with their sabers down. Personally, I ususally kill them for two reasons:

1. I am sick of the players that start fighting with me and then put their sabers down. Once I kill them they tell everyone on the server I killed them with their saber down, I am a cheater, I suck ect....

2. Other players stand around with their sabers down and when I walk by them, with my saber down, they do some pull/backsweep combo and kill me.

Honestly, I think the SC is a bunch of BS. Usually I watch players and kill the one's that give me a reason to kill them.

On the spectating post you just said that you walk up to the winner of a duel in ffa and kill em with lightning or pull/back attack him. So STFU you lying punk @$$ son of a beach!!!

If a player has a saber down, is standing still, and has a chat/config window, of course, he/she should not be attacked.

HOWEVER, if a player goes runing around w/ a saber off to go get shields/health/force power/ammo/whatever, he/she lost his protection of the saber off.

The worst is the type who will turn their saber off and stand still, and heal themselves, or push/pull/lightning/drain others.

Basically I go by the following rule: If you are standing still w/ your saber off, and I see you do ANY type of action (heal, push, pull, drain, lightning, etc), you will be attacked at ALL times during the rest of the game, unless you are AFK. If I see you run around w/ your saber off, you are likely up to something, so you will not be given any sort of protection. If someone is in a "duel" and is bowing w/ their saber off, leave them alone, and don't attack until they are done w/ their "duel".

Saber off = peace only if you are really just standing there doing nothing or changing configs. Once you break the barrier of using a force power, attack, etc, you have shown your intentions, and you deserve to be attacked.

As far as bowing, when in Rome, do as the Greeks do. If you want to bow, go ahead, if you want me to bow, well, that's up to me. Expecting someone else to do something is just plain stupid. It's a game, online, there is no referee. You decide your own actions.

You are playing a game where you kill your enemies, you don't score points for mercy!

We all have lives outside our PC's and when it calls we disconnect from the game.

I've been killed before whilst changing key assignment and just accept it was my fault for not configuring before I joined the game, I don't yell foul!

I've seen pratts get to an enemy base and the menu icon appears above their head, what am I supposed to do? Leave them alone so they can wait until everybody has gone so they can take the flag, RUBBISH!!! I'm gonna vape the b*%&%*£ to hell!

Sabre down indeed!

My stance:

You make a move on me with my saber down, you are dead.

You attempt to saber throw me, you are dead.

You attempt to use your force powers on me *cough lightning cough*, you are dead.

I see you attack a defenseless player, you are dead.

You try to kick me to death, and you will be removing my boot out of your ass.

You attack me then sheath your saber to avoid death, you are still dead for being a dumbass and thinking you could get away with it.

You abuse the rules of the server to create an uneven edge, you are definetly f'n dead.

I was playing a FFA server tonight. Just about the same time I was gripped and thrown off a ledge for the third or fourth time by someone with their saber off I decided that anyone in my path was fair game saber out or not. This is the way I will play FFA from here on out. If someone needs to do something that requires them to put their saber up then they need to go into spectator mode. There's a reason why it exists.

Once I started this I see you I'll kill you tactic I also discovered something else. I must have run into several people who would put there saber down to go find a health source like bacta. Reconfirming my position to just kill anyone regardless of saber out or in.

Like I said if you need to do something that requires you to retract your saber you need to just JOIN SPECTATOR MODE OR DIE!

exactly....saber off means they're currently not attacking with their saber, but it doesn't mean they're not healing, pushing, pulling, ready to detonate a bomb, etc. If someone is at console, it's a whole different story from a llama running around w/ his/her saber off trying to trick people. I believe in being an honorable player, but I do not put up w/ people who turn their saber off to run away from a fight to go heal, or just to have mercy. If you have something important to do, make SURE your console icon is up. People who do this mid-fight often just want time to regerate force. This is unacceptable. Good thing you can hear when they use heal ;).

Basically, if you do ANYTHING w/ your saber off, other than just stand there typing or doing something w/ your configuration, prepare to be attacked by all comers.

Originally posted by Robrob

Hels yea i kill them with their saber down. One more easy kill for me. Them and type kills are the best type of kills.

Nahhh the best type of kills are the ones you get after a long exciting duel... type kills are just for jerkoffs... no challenge = no fun. While I often end in the top, I really couldn't care less about winning a FFA. I would rather win my 7 duels than get 20 kills.

Hels yea i kill them with their saber down. One more easy kill for me. Them and type kills are the best type of kills.

This kind of reaction just SCREAMS . . NO TALENT!!!

You just keep getting your kills anyway you can. Wouldn't want you to actually EARN one.

;)

This kind of reaction just SCREAMS . . NO TALENT!!!

You just keep getting your kills anyway you can. Wouldn't want you to actually EARN one.

;)

first of all i would like to congratulate you on reaching six whole posts! how many of them said something that didn't get a million people mad at you? 1? we know it definately wasn't six because there is one right here that we're looking at

as for killing people who talk...i did that when i first started, back when i randomly pressed buttons, and wasn't constantly in the bottom three

(1.02)

then i started getting more skill, would get in the top five, and people that had their saber off were dead

i would come up and slice as fast as i could at them...if they whined i said "you had the force, you are never unarmed"

(1.02 again)

then i started getting in the top places, such as one, two, and three consistently (now)

guess what i did? i used some skills, and had honour in my fights, i didn't go around killing people with their saber off for an easy kill...guess what? i'm had more fun

(1.03, and 1.04)

You know... the whole Saber Off = Peace thing is very interesting to me. I find it fascinating to see the culture that has developed in an on-line gaming world.

BTW, for those of you who've seen some of my previous posts, let me assure you that I've toggled *sarcasm/humor mode* to the OFF position for a moment.

One of the interesting things that I've noticed about SO = P and some of the other norms that have developed, is that a code of honor is being created. Like nearly every other culture group (even among those that profess to be anarchists) there lies an unwritten or written (or both) set of rules that governs our behavior.

Raven/Lucas probably had no idea what was going to catch on and what wouldn't in this regard.

What makes Jedi Knight Gaming codes/norms/rules interesting is that a norm such as Saber Off = Peace helps to define who's good/bad in the game. We often don't know the other person, so we need these little markers to make those distinctions.

Many posts above echoed similar feelings: "I won't attack you unless you've done it to me/someone else, etc."

Personally, I go with the idea that I'll leave you be unless you show some hostility toward me or someone else. This is important to me, becuase I play the FFA Bespin Streets servers a lot and like to take turns dueling on the pad. In some games, I've stood on/near the pad with up to 12 other players and watched others duel. I personally prefer this to a duel server since you can interact a bit more while waiting for a duel. If you don't want to duel, you can skip a turn.. if others are taking too long to jump in, you can take the initiative.

It just so happens that *every* time I'm on a server where things are going well: folks are making friends, learning from each other, doing funny things, duelling, etc., along comes some d*ck that wants to attack a spectator from behind or toss a saber into the crowd, etc.

Believe it or not, I look forward to this guy/girl! It's fun to watch 10 players just maul him, and I've incited one or two riots.

The only S0 = P problem I have is when you are dueling (with "K" or without) and just when the other player gets to a single digit HP, they power down their saber! I'm sorry if I seem a bit dishonorable, but depriving me of a kill that I worked hard for and deserved after a 10 min duel is dishonorable. I nearly got kicked from a server for that, but I was able to 'splain myself during the vote and it didn't pass. Now THAT's honor! Judged by my peers!

*Funny Mode* toggled on

It's also a hoot to wait at the respawn point for someone who's been pissing everyone off and give him a taste of the old backstab.... well... before 1.04 anyway!

Big Daddy SKin (Mr. Walker to the dishonorable)

Originally posted by SkinWalker

The only S0 = P problem I have is when you are dueling (with "K" or without) and just when the other player gets to a single digit HP, they power down their saber! I'm sorry if I seem a bit dishonorable, but depriving me of a kill that I worked hard for and deserved after a 10 min duel is dishonorable. I nearly got kicked from a server for that, but I was able to 'splain myself during the vote and it didn't pass. Now THAT's honor! Judged by my peers!

Big Daddy SKin (Mr. Walker to the dishonorable)

I agree. Once he challenges you and enter combat, then he has the duty to finish it. That honour is his, even if it means his death. So it works out that if he powers down and get killed half way through, and then complain, he is basically giving up HIS honour.

The funny thing is, some people seem to see that as YOU giving up yours by finishing him off while his sabre is down. I don't get it.

Hell, many japanese samurais used to stick a sword in himself to reclaim his honour after losing it when he did something wrong in the past... now THAT is brave, and I'd give him back his honour seeing it. I don't think I'd have the stomach to kill myself if I were in his shoes.

Originally posted by teutonicknight

You = no skill

Try to earn your kill next time you play, It will take some effort, some thing you never heard of I suppose?:cool:

So you got no skill you crackhead baby?!

i never kill ppl when there saber is down or when they r typing cause its lame going for the easy points. only if they did it to me its of course: vengeance.

there r times i run around with saber down or am typing and a noob comes slashing at me with his saber. then its time for me to teach that lamer a lesson (read instant death). after a while they leave me alone, unless i want to fight.

I think it all depends really.

I only play on servers of respect and honour. And I don't care if people think that sounds silly, once you get into it its far more fun. Saber fights one on one with no force etc. it rocks.

Anyway, I rekon if your in a server like that, then attacking someone who has the Saber down or is typing is real lame as its not whats expected in that server, hell, if you attack two people saber fighting together, your out of order on a server like that. In servers like that the score board has no meaning, infact it often happens that the best players are at the bottom.

Where-as on a "normal" FFA server, those "rules" do not aply as people are playing differently, so attacking someone when there saber is down is more acceptable.

So it really depends on what server you are playing on.

However, I personly would never attack someone when they are typing, but thats just me. I think getting points in like that s just a waste and I'll not feel like I have earned the position I get because of it, it'd just be cos I was lucky to see somone who couldn't attack back. In fact I'd never attack someone with there saber down in a normal FFA unless I could tell thats how they fought.

it really is all very dependant on what server you play on. If you do something deliberately against what is acceptable on that server, then your lame and just ruining other peoples fun. But if its acceptaed by the majority on the server, then there is no problem.

Amen.

Yeah it definately depends on the type of server you are on snail is right. If it's a team ffa (e.g.) and you join and start slashing everyone to pieces 'for the sake of the team' and no one says anything there's no problem really when sabers down. (if peep typing then in my opinion still out of order) A few peep may find it annoying but they should show that they're typing if they dont wanna be attacked.

if you join a server that is primarliy peep walking, watching, having respectable saber fights and duels and stuff then attaking peep with saber down is lame as they're probably trying to watch a fight or duel.

There shouldnt be set rules. If peep ask you to stop then you should or you should leave to go to another server where peep wont shout at you. it doesnt take much really.

also it's true that it's out of order for peep to give up on a duel by putting their saber down cos they're pussy. Also in most servers if you're all out for death it would be lame to realise you got 10 hp and put your asber down merrily wondering around not getting killed til you can boost up to full again. That's lame too, so to summarise you should judge it by the type of server you is on.

Sweet

tinkerbell.jpg

yeah it depends really, when you start and do the bow thing (if your into that) then ok, but it is getting hard to tell cause you have alot of peeps now that have it off all the time unless you are close or they are striking. So now after the bow (unless the box is above their head or they say hold on) once they draw that saber, all bets are off. I made the mistake too many times of turning mine off too just to get whacked by some idiot thinking it was funny. So IMHO once you do your intial courtesies and draw that saber it is fair game, unless again you say hold on or have the box above your head. Of course I know peeps will take advantage of that too in time so it will turn into a damn kill fest, but I will just play on the better servers :)

Archived