Favorite Year?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Year?

• Year One
    • Year Two
    • Year Three
    • Year Four

• 4 months later...

Kind of an odd poll, but I don't think it's been asked yet. At least not in my memory. I think that each year in Grim Fandango has a very distinct look that makes the game all the more appealing to gamers. there's always the dramatic change of scenery that leaves the player at a new location with lots to explore. So, which year in GF is your favorite, in terms of locations, characters, puzzles, or other factors?

Easily year 2. The first time I saw it - man, I just wanted to be there. The music and the exotic atmosphere kind of draw you in. I mean, couldn't you see yourself having a drink in the Blue Casket cafe, or taking a spin at Manny's roulette tables? I sure could. Maybe I'm just insane.

Year 2 for sure! The total noir direction it takes, oh I love it! And it introduces more characters than anywhere else in the game, especially Lola, Toto, and... Dare I say? LUPE! The music was great too, and I think it had the most difficult and longest-running puzzles. The best, though I like them all. The other 3 come in too close of a second place to tell.

Err, I'm the one who voted for year four. I like all of the years, but Four had it all. Mountain views, the return to Rubacava, and of course, Nuevo Marrow. I really liked the nighttime metropolis views, the giant spinning Corley Motors logo (Full Throttle easter egg), and the statue.

Of course, once you leave the city, you find yourself in one of the most memorable locations in the game: The mausoleum on the hill. The drama and mood of the final scenes are so chilling, that I just had to pick Four.

I actually had a dream about Rubecava... that's how vivid that place seemed. It was also the largest place... it probably took me atleast five hours to explore every corner. Not that the other years were bad, but there is no contest. Year two all the way. Where's the picture of Lupe?

• 3 months later...

Woah! Looks like Year Two is winnin' so far. CooL!

Every year in GF is simply amazing. But I too, think that Year 2 was the best. I don't know..Rubacawa at night time had this special kind of charm...read the fourth post of this thread, by GendotheGreat, and you'll know what I mean. It comepletely sums up my feelings about it.

My vote goes to year two aswell.

Actually I just can confirm the things you all said about it so far. The atmosphere is simply amazing. It soaks you in and doesn't let you go until it's completed. Of course all years were great, but year two is my favourite under the favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished year 2

so my earlier assesment

at the moment still stands

year 2 is amazing. I also find

however that most games which offer

mulitple locations, years, adventures

etc always have one weak spot which

wither the programers ran dry on ideas

or memory or time what have you,

but I am going to play 2 again

I want to get Glottis to sing

'rusty anchor' and then I will move on

to year 3. I also find it funny that

Manny can starta year with a mop

and end up top dog a year later.

and will I see Celso again,

mmm...I will have to wait and see.

This li'l light o' mine... I'm gonna let it shiiiiiiiiine... this lil light o' mine... I'm gonna let it shiiiiiiiiiiine, this lil light o' mine... I'm gonna let it shiiiiiiiiiiine, let it shiiiiiiiiine, let it shiiiiiiine, let it shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!!!

Hmmm... that's strange. I passed a ship just like this one about five minutes ago...

• 3 weeks later...

#first post!#

I think year 2 is the best no contest - the music was amazing and really suited the atmosphere. I know this sounds stupiud, but i like the fact that it was so BIG - you could run round for ages down the lift, across the what i like to call roundabout, in the hosue stadiu, up the stairs, along the massive bridge, to the club etc... for AGES and you wouldn't get bored for a long time! I love adventure games tho it always takes me longer than everyone else to solve the puzzles lol, but this time you don't really mind when you can;t work things out because the atmosphere was so absorbing that it was a pleasure just to runa about!

Year 1 was good, but the forest annoyed me esp. when getting the tree to fall down!!

Year 3 was a bit disappointing, but onbly because i expected so much after year 2!

Year 4 was good too - chance to revisit places, and the final scenes were amazing!

Archived