I don't, do you?

Alien426

Do you like fluffy towels?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fluffy towels?

• Yes.
    • I don\'t give a ...
    • No.

Valid points, yet this is not the question the poll raises. The question is whether one likes the concept, the very being of fluffy towels; this is an undoubted "yes" to me. The question of fluffy vs rough towles is a serious one, one that requires thorough study, yet it is not addressed in this poll. Therefore, one should be cautious not to use the results of this poll to back his Fluffy vs Rough argument, be it pro-fluffy or pro-rough.

Precisely. Now I am curious to know who it was that voted against the fluffiness of towels. What would one possibly have to gain from such a thing?

"They have no word for fluffy"

--Captain Edmund Blackadder, Blackadder Goes Forth, Episode 4, Private Plane, on the Germans

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see chris and Shutt reflect my sentiments on the topic. I also voted pro-fluffy, because fluffy things are definitely "yes" on my part...it reminds me of my first abduction... probing that soft, fluffy human derriere was much more enjoyable than the flat, hard, bony variety I later became accustomed to.

But as for drying oneself, rough is #1. Although it feels rough, it's the sponge-like dryness of the towel that makes it feel harsh on your skin. The higher the dryness, the higher the absorption potential, and the faster one can get dry and get back into socially acceptable attire.

When I use fluffy towels, I'm forced to hang around naked in my apartment until the air does its thing.......hmm now that I think about it, fluffy is #1!

It's all relative to your washing style, really. Consider the following:

If you have used a rough washcloth/bath sponge/loofa in the shower, then you will probably want a fluffy towel afterwards to sooth your already brutalized skin. Likewise, a rough towel may hurt your skin if you use an especially dry form of shampoo that can cause some skin dessication.

However, if you have washed in a very basic form and are a high school student, you may require a rough towel to help dig the blackheads out of your nose and forehead, as they're slippery little devils and refuse to come out with a mere washcloth.

And how rough is rough, anyway? And how fluffy fluffy? This poll goes under the assumption that something can either be fluffy or unfluffy, but ignored the numerous gradient levels of fluff and softness. And fluffy does not imply soft, mind you. There should be a scale for grading softness as well as fluffyness, as something can be very soft but not necessarily fluffy.

Another instance in which you may prefer a fluffy towel or a rough towel is depending onf shower-induced horniness. If you want to jerk it into the toilet, then you want a soft fluffy towel to rub your face in and pretend it's a woman. Alternatively, if you want to just jerk into the towel, you'll need a rough one that has good traction and will wash easily. God knows those fluffy ones grip goo better than a tongue!

Step 4: What the fuck is wrong with me?

Archived