Home

Kick & Blue Uppercut Over powered? solution

Jah Warrior

Nah, it wasnt aimed at you but you sound like your getting a little angry......

YOU WANNA MESS BOY LETS SETTLE THIS WITH FISTS, *shows fists*

Here you wanna mess? here just talk into the mic, OHHH looks like I got a backup mic right here!

BOY YA WANNA HAVE A TUSSLE! LETS TAKE THIS OUTSIDE!

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

As many of you guys have, I looked forward to 1.04 with great anticipation. I wrongly assumed that raven would actually listen to some of the suggestions being made in these forums.

Kick is WAAAY too powerful, as is the Blue Uppercut/Lunge. Ive noticed on the no force duel servers there is now a tendency for peole to just crouch at all times and go for the uppercut.

Some how i got 1 hit killed from a blue lunge the otherday, this shouldnt be possible.

All is not lost, I put the DUEL-SE mod back in my servers base folder and found that it works with 1.04 as well.

If you do not know what Duel SE is its a mod that allows you to tweak the amount of damage that each swing or attack does.

We now run our server with only 1 hp damage for a kick and only a 1 in 10 chance of a knock down from a kick. We also set the blue uppercut to do the same damage as a normal blue swing. Basicly this gives less incentive to crouch at all times and to spam kicks.

All our regulars, there are at least 30+ of them love this mod as it makes the games even and when you have a couple of good players the matches can last some time, which is always a pleasure to see.

This may not be ideal for everyone but for no force duels especially i can not recommend this mod enough. Even if only to allow Jump level 3 with out the lamer aspect. It opens the maps up a whole heap.

Anyways if this info can help anyone who has been thinking the same things as we have - cool.

Is ppl LIKE YOU! that take the fun out of JO.. seriously... Jeez... Why not just remove the atk button, cuz ppl are just to darn good attacking!? jeez.... Instead of removing atks, you SHOULD ADD more atks, to defend against THESE ATKS

I'll take that last post as a joke and say I'm not angry...just trying to have discussion.

BTW I'm old school...I'll pick up the mic but instead of that....

*picks up the cardboard box...puts on his windbreaker and shell toed adidas and begins to break dance*

:D

I feel that the special moves are designed to be just that, special. It seems to me that people are putting way too much time into fighting over "Dude, this move is lame." "No, it isn't, you are!" than trying to figure out a way to have the moves IN the game and still be fun.

Personally, my vision for the standard JK2 is to make the game as much like traditional saber battles as possible. By tradition, I mean mostly ground-based standard saber strike / parries with a few force powered evades / attacks in for coolness and style. As it is now, JK2 v1.04 is pretty good about making the "specials" not overwhelming powerful (as in more pros than cons) with the possible exception of the kick.

The kick is a complicated matter to balance as you want it to be quickly available when there is an opening, but not spammed to death. The problem now is that the kick is WAY too easy to land in a normal situation. A jedi can kick basically anyone in any situation without penalty. While kicks look cool, I shouldn't and don't want to see all the fights turn into running up and down my opponent's face until one of us wins. It seems to me that the basic physics of the move needs to be alter to make this a move of oppertunity instead of THE MOVE. Any suggestions?

Razor Ace

whats the matter with you guys?

All i was doing was suggesting an idea for people that may help them get a bit more out of the game.

Kick is so exceptionally lame i wonder why its in the game, the only reason we want jump on our server is because it opens up the inacessible areas of the map. thats all no more no less. The problem is if it has a large damage, it will encourage lamers to come to the server. If people love kick so much, play tekken.

Lunge, I am simply tired of dudes crouching for the duration of a fight its just rubbish, my server is intended as a place to have fun exciting fights, crouchers are basicly cheapshotting. If they only want to do one move then they are in the wrong server maybe they should try a FFA (yes you know those servers where everyone runs around doing one move only).

The tweaking we have made to the game is minimal, its balanced the stances and made them all have their pros and cons. I have no trouble dealing with crouchers, its just that i dont like having to do so. I use blue lunge myself, in fact i use all stances in fairly equal measures. I play this game a lot and from the games I've had I feel that blue lunge is overpowered (even when I do it).

Blue lunge may be a special but it too easy to pull off instantly in my opinion. Its at the point now where i dont even regard it as a "SPECIAL" anymore its used so damn much.

If there is one thing I can say in defence of the edits we made it is that the fights are far more like in the movies now, lots of blocking and more tactical. If you dont agree with this- so what.

As for you guys that are having a blazing rowe on this thread - grow up for god's sake. you are showing how juvenile you are.

I knew it! DFA in 1.02, BS in 1.03 and now the blue lunge. I guess it doesnt matter what is nerfed or not, or what moves are taken away, some people will call ANY move used succesfully against them in excess lame.

I don't see the blue lunge being a threat, I havent been killed by it once in 1.04

Next thing you know a well timed forward or back + attack in red stance will be lame when someone can not figure out how to avoid/counter it.

geeeesh....

ok thats fine if you play with certain settings, but just don't complain about kick and lunge being to powerfull! (not saying you did) i think the patch is good the way it is. i'd also like to see a lunger that can beat me

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

whats the matter with you guys?

All i was doing was suggesting an idea for people that may help them get a bit more out of the game.

Kick is so exceptionally lame i wonder why its in the game, the only reason we want jump on our server is because it opens up the inacessible areas of the map. thats all no more no less. The problem is if it has a large damage, it will encourage lamers to come to the server. If people love kick so much, play tekken.

Lunge, I am simply tired of dudes crouching for the duration of a fight its just rubbish, my server is intended as a place to have fun exciting fights, crouchers are basicly cheapshotting. If they only want to do one move then they are in the wrong server maybe they should try a FFA (yes you know those servers where everyone runs around doing one move only).

The tweaking we have made to the game is minimal, its balanced the stances and made them all have their pros and cons. I have no trouble dealing with crouchers, its just that i dont like having to do so. I use blue lunge myself, in fact i use all stances in fairly equal measures. I play this game a lot and from the games I've had I feel that blue lunge is overpowered (even when I do it).

Blue lunge may be a special but it too easy to pull off instantly in my opinion. Its at the point now where i dont even regard it as a "SPECIAL" anymore its used so damn much.

If there is one thing I can say in defence of the edits we made it is that the fights are far more like in the movies now, lots of blocking and more tactical. If you dont agree with this- so what.

As for you guys that are having a blazing rowe on this thread - grow up for god's sake. you are showing how juvenile you are.

Jeez.. Dude.. stop naming Cheap shots.. A KILL IS A KILL...

Because of ppl like you! We lost the bs!!... One of my fav atks, now does a little bit more than a regular blue atk!! So stop with your whines, and saying that some attacks are just lame.. IN fact your lame (NOT A FLAME =P), for coming here and giving these ideas.. wut if some1 from raven is reads that!, and thinks.. um perhaps the JO community, was a game, that all you have to do is push the atk button, no special moves, no kicks, no FORCE!.. We already lost enough movies, for these stupid whiners!

Jah, you are right that the lunge is quick to execute, but it is supposed to be. It is the special move for the "fast" stance & therefore should be, well....er....FAST! The "fast" stance is also the weakest of the three stances & accordingly the lunge is also the weakest of the special moves.

With that said, however, I agree that you are fully entitled to your opinions & can set up your server however you like in order to play the game. After all, it is just a game. I just hope that you are informing people up front of the changes you have made so they can either adjust their playing styles accordingly; or, as Lexx said, go elsewhere.

You guys have so missed the point of what i am trying to say in this thread, let me expand the subject a little.

Have you guys ever played against someone who spams kick?

Yes of course you have.

Was it a good fight?

I dont see how it could be.

OK point 2

You are playing a dude that stays crouched for the duration of the match, the only move he tries is blue lunge repeatedly, he's easy to kill I know, but does this make for a good fight? Not for me my friends. I dont want to fight one move wonders, I want to fight varied skillful players.

Point 3

Myself and the regulars on the server want fights that last more than just a few seconds. Who wants to wait in line to get spammed to death I ask you? Nah not me, not my idea of fun.

Besides a real good fight can take a long while when you've got two good players who both make use of block and wait for the correct opening.

Point 4

The whole reason i started a server was so i could provide a place for myself and friends to play other quality players - the idea is to have FUN not just to win. Virtually everyone on our server uses all stances and plays to a good standard. What i'm trying to say is that if winning is all you want then fine do 1 move it's your call. The settings that we have simply encourage people to use all styles rather than just doing one move.

Flame me if you must, i don't care. You are entitled to an OPINION, as am I.

Originally posted by HellFyre69

Jeez.. Dude.. stop naming Cheap shots.. A KILL IS A KILL...

That's just the thing. The blue lunge is NOT a cheap shot, unlike the bugged DFA and the bugged back stab/swings.

Ok here is a list of damage to clear this up.

set saber_bluebsmax "40"

set saber_bluebsmin "5"

set saber_bluespmax "40"

set saber_bluespmin "5"

set saber_blue "24"

set saber_yellowbsmax "50"

set saber_yellowbsmin "10"

set saber_yellowspmax "80"

set saber_yellowspmin "10"

set saber_yellow "42"

set saber_redbsmax "60"

set saber_redbsmin "15"

set saber_redspmax "124"

set saber_redspmin "15"

set saber_redmax "75"

set saber_redmin "5"

These settings are superb , theye are balanced and fair. If you don't believe me come over to the server to at least try it before you flame it! You'll be shocked.

the name of the server is -]HermeS-Place[-1.04

See you there and remember you cant diss something without trying it.

If you don't like the settings Jah is talking about, don't play on his server, simple as that. Don't flame him for having HIS SERVER the way he likes it. His original post was meant to help people who enjoy a good saber fight without having to enjure the lamers that are out there. You lot are obviously too blind to realize that!

I am a regular on Jah's server and I love it. I have just the kind of saber duel I am after and I go back time and time again because he is very nice man running an excellent server.

I agree, the crouchers are lame and make for a boring fight.

I agree, the kick spammers are lame and make for a boring fight.

Do I want a boring fight? No I don't, and that is why I will return to Jah's server time and time again.

set saber_bluespmax "40"

Hmm, just wondering. It looks to me like you have increased the power of blue lunge from the default in duel_se. Well there is nothing wrong with your settings and to each his own anyway. I like the saber damage higher and I have blocking enabled (sabertracesfirst) so that if you facing your target it will block but if you fight the wrong way you will die quickly. Two skilled fighers can go for a while and be a joy to watch. You have to be very carefull and watch for openings. Here's my server settings and I'm still tweaking it :D

// DUEL_SE SETTINGS //

// GENERAL SETTINGS

seta saber_hitbox 16

seta duelffa 0

seta wdam_kick 8 // kick damage (1 is minimum, 18 is default)

seta kickchance 6 // the chance to knock someone to the ground (1-10)

seta saber_throw 12 // Saber Throw damage - 30 is default

seta wdam_light 1 // Force Lightning Damage

// SABER DAMAGE SETTINGS: sp = special and bs = backstab

seta saber_bluebsmax 80

seta saber_bluebsmin 30

seta saber_bluespmax 25

seta saber_bluespmin 10

seta saber_blue 30

seta saber_yellowbsmax 80

seta saber_yellowbsmin 40

seta saber_yellowspmax 80

seta saber_yellowspmin 50