Home

The Canitna 7: Fight For the Future

Deac

Rwos says this as the group gets into the transport, and then speeds off.

Vidar: Father, were are we going?

Odin: We are going to the one place were we can find Ken' atra's location, my palace. We have been transported to the ancient war. The war is only a couple of days from being over. The peace delegations will be leaving in 4 days. If the delegation is destroyed then it would devestate our people, and the war might continue. I think Ken'atra knows this and will try to prevant peace form occuring. We must insure the peace.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Cracken sat, listeing. He took out his pack of cigarretes and his lightsaber and lit another one.*

Hey, i have a question. If we're in the past, and we're also from the future, and Odin and Vidar live for so long, isn't there technically two of you guys running around? I mean, won't that cause a few... problems? I'm talking temporal mechanics here.....

Very well, for now, I'll work with these scum, but when this is over, Starr, I owe you a debt of pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. It is Starkiller who sows the seeds of chaos. I intend to reap them. Cracken may not have me, but there is still another...

*A dark prescence moves into Starr's mind*

Greetings, Starr. I am the Darkstar. You have seen Lord Syrnl and the power he wealded? You see Starkiller's power? I offer you greater....power to surpass even Cracken. Power to achieve godhood. The beings that manipulate you, I was once one of them...and with your help, we can both be. All you have to do, is INVITE ME IN...

Rwos: The Time Matrix prevents changes in the personalities or memories of its users. I assume that protection extends to us.

*to Odin* I assume your past self will believe you...and not mistake this for some kind of trick?

----------

Starr does not hear Deac's threat. His eyes widen apparently in response to it, but he has stopped hearing outside conversation.

What are you doing in my mind?! How can you possibly give me godhood? I am Lord Cracken's servant. I have always been so. That is...something that cannot be changed.

Correct, yes. There is only one true god, but we are in some ways like him, but we have the requirements of faith. Without someone believing in us, we dissappear. But that is not important. Together we can become a being stronger than Craynor, or Aeges! As for Cracken, what have you got from your servitude? Any land to rule? Wealth? Glory? He doesn't need you, and you certainly don't need him. But with me, even his power will seem weak. Let me in, and I'll show you. I won't control your body, I'll just be in the back of your mind, watching, advising, giving power. Just let me in...

Odin: Of course he will, or he will kill us. Very simple. I know we are immortal but it appears that we can die and then be reborn with the next jump, so he could kill us in a maner of speaking.

The transport finally arrives in the capital city of Valhalla. Manuevering around the buildings, Odin heads to his palace in the center of the city. Stopping in front of a gigantic structure, Odin and the group exit the transport.

Odin: THis is my home; the hall of Valhalla, Only Vidar and I shall enter. The rest of you are to stay here and not move.

Odin and vidar start climbing the steps. Stopping half way they turn around, Odin seemlingly speaking to no one...

Odin: Einherjar, guard them and make sure they do not move.

Without warning, twenty Einherjar appear, with weapons drawn, and move to encirle the startled Rwos, Deac, Cracken and Starr.

Einherjar: Welcome home Lord Odin. The Allfather is expecting you. We shall make sure that they don't leave the transport.

Odin: Very good.

Odin and Vidar enter the hall, and proceed to the thrown chambers to seek council of Wodan.

(To save confustion, Wodan is Odin's past self)

Odin:Greetings Lord Wodan.

Wodan: Greetings to you Lord Odin, and also to you future son.

Vidar: Father.

Wodan: Why do you keep your companions under Guard? Are they not honorable?

Odin: Two have almost earned the right to enter this hall, but not yet, the others are evil, and must be guarded.

Wodan: I understand. I have an idea of why you came, but would you care and tell me exactly why?

Odin: There is a person named Ken'atra. I need to know were to find him. This person seeks to destroy our people. I believe he will attack the peace delegation to keep this war from ending. We must stop him. Also he carries a device, it is powerful. Vidar, the others and I are here to take back that device, and in doing save the galaxy for now from a premature ragnorak.

Wodan: This is as I guessed. Come we shall access Huginn and Muginn and retireve the information you require.

Of course he doesn't need you. He tried to recruit Deac once, remember? He just wants a powerful lacky, and to him, you're the best he can get. But he refused me. He has more power to start, but if we bond, Starr, we will be far stronger. You will give HIM orders...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Deac glances at the guards*

Whoa...these guys clearly don't know how I feature in Ragnarok.

*CRakcen glares at Deac* yeah, they don't know that your the cause of it... *he sighs, and tosses his cigarette butt away. The guards ready there weapons, but after the realization that there is no threat, lower. He notices Starr gazing. He taps this apprentice on the shoulder, and Starr breaks his gaze*

Are you alright, young one?

*Starr turns to Cracken, as if in a dream. He does not hear Cracken's words; his face swims in Starr's vision.

I cannot give him orders. He is my master. He will kill me if he sees fit. My only reason for existence is to serve him.

Rwos: Actually, Odin is the cause of it. *his expression darkens* I understand the Aesir wish to destroy the galaxy when their master dies...and apparently they are entirely capable of it. I'm not sure what Ken'atra wishes to accomplish. If he assassinates Odin's past self, then the Aesir will simply put their apocalypse into motion early...

While accessing the data the two Lords talk about many thing including the current situation with the Vanir.

Wodan: Finally here you go. Ken'atra is heading for a spaceport, in the city of Bifrost. Huginn reports that he will most likely try and steal a frieghtor, since all military ships are docked in space. I believe he means to attack the Vanir.

Odin: I agree, we must warn them.

Wodan: I'll get Freya on the comm.

Hitting the appropiate buttons, Freya Queen of the Vanir appears. Odin's wife, and Wodan's future wife.

Freya: Hello, Wodan.

Wodan: Freya, I have most dire news concerning the peace meating.

Freya: Go on.

Wodan: There is an assassin, on Asgard, we believe he will try and assinate your peace delegation.

Freya: I don't believe this.

Odin: Believe it. I come from the future, to stop him, and restore time. Bring along Some warships to protect the delegation. If they encounter a ship that tries to attack capture it, do not destory the ship.

Freya: This I will do, we must have peace, other threats are growing. I must go now, to make arrangements.

Odin and Wodan: Goodbye.

Odin: I too must go and intercept Ken'atra. It has been good seeing you.

Wodan: I will see you on your way. I too must make arrangements.

The three exit the hall and head towards the group. Wodan Stays at the top of the stairs, and whishes Odin, and Vidar a succeful journey. Then he turns and enters his hall.

Returning to the Group.

Odin: Einherjar return to your post. Rwos watch your tongue. You speak of what you do not understand. I will not tolerate such a tone towards my poeple. And Deac, I know your role in Ragnarok. Why do you think I traveled to the Cantina simple to have some Corellian Ale? Both of you, have patience, in time you will come to understand.

Vidar: Come, we know where Ken'atra is going. He will arrive in two hours. WE can get there in an hour and 45 minutes. We must leave now.

The group enters the transport and heads towards Bifrost.

((OOS: Death won't be able to post till Friday.

BTW how did the Aesir find where Ken'atra was? Why did he say he knew where Ken'atra was going? If Ken'atra knew where he was going, he would simply use the Time Matrix to get there. Pulling us along, of course, but he doesn't know that yet))

Rwos: Odin, explain to me what I do not understand. What I understand is that your people would be mass murderers; they want to destroy the galaxy if you die. You're a mortal, which means that you will die, regardless of how slowly you now age. And when you do, your people are poised to destroy everything that exists?

What have I missed?

And while you're at it, explain Deac's "role in Ragnorak".

((Rwos doesn't know anything about Ragnorak except that the avatars weren't supposed to be released again until that time.))

*Deac turns to Rwos*

I don't majorly feature here , but in the universal Ragnarok. The Aesir will only destroy this galaxy in their Ragnarok. I am talking of the end of time itself, when good and evil battle for one final time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

How pathetic...exist only to serve. I could dismember your master in a fraction of a second. He refused me, make sure you don't make the same mistake. Here, let me show you what is to come...

*The Darkstar projects a vision of Deac and Starr fighting*

Deac: I told you it would come for this. History is safe. Now I owe you THIS!

*Deac feints with one of his sabers, and smashes them both onto Starr's right arm, breaking it off. Starr retaliates with dark force lighting, frying Deac's circuits, but Deac is able to hurl one of his sabers, slicing Starr in two*

Is that what you want...it could be like this...

*Deac's body change's to Starr, with Deac lying in two neat pieces*

((Rwos, that is correct he doesn't know where he is going. But in Deaths last post she had Ken'atra moving off in a direction. This would be towards Bifrost, even if he doesn't know this. Wodan, knows the direction, because of Huginn and Muginn. In mythology they were ravens that reported everything to him. In this case they are a series of Satellites that watch everything on the planet. Wodan saw the direction that Ken'atra was going a said that was their best shot to get him. Of course Ken'atra can change direction any time he wants. I did this just so our characters can do something even if they go the wrong way.))

Odin: Still Deac you do not understand, and neither do you Rwos. There is only one Ragnarok. We Aesir have been trying to delay it. Have you not seen the coruption in the galaxy? That is the first sign that the end is approaching. This galaxy has murdered millions of inocents. What my people did was in an attempt to save my life. I am not supposed to die until the Final battle. We made plans for if I die before hand. Now I'll let Vidar Describe Ragnarok for everyone.

Vidar: Ragnarok means the Doom of the Gods. It is also called Gotterdammerung, which means the end of the cosmos. Conflicts and feuds will break out, even between families, and all morality will disappear. This is the beginning of the end.

The stars will vanish from the sky.

Worlds will shudder with earthquakes, and every bond and fetter will burst, freeing the terrible wolf Fenrir. The Navy of Naglfar, and with Hymir as their commander, will sail towards the battlefield. From Niflheim second navy will set sail, Loki will be their helmsman. A third army led by Surt, will leave Muspell in to join against the all who are good. Surt's army will ravage all the worlds that they pass by.

Meanwhile, Heimdall will sound his horn, calling the sons of Odin and the heroes to the battlefield. From all the corners of the universe people will head towards the huge plain of Vigrid, where the last battle will be fought. Odin will engage Fenrir in battle, Surt will seek out the swordless Freyr, who will quickly succumb. The one-handed Tyr's flagship will fight against Gam's monstrous ship and they will kill each other. Loki and Heimdall, age-old enemies, will meet for a final time, and neither will survive their encounter. Deac will protect the weakest warriors. He will be suceed in his efforts until he is surronded. He will fight valiently but will slowly succumb. Rwos will lend aid to Deac in his struggle. The fight between Odin and Fenrir will rage for a long time, but finally Fenrir will seize Odin's Ship and destory it. Odin's son Vidar will at once leap towards the wolf and kill him by ripping the Fenrir's ship apart.

Fire will be flung in every direction. The universe will burn, and friends and foes alike will perish.

Hope lies in the Aesir and those that aid them. If they are true, then evil shall fail. The universe will be reborn, and the innocent and virtuous shall also be reborn. The cycle will then begin again.

Odin: To this end I sought you and Rwos out.

My people have been preparing for this final battle for longer then you can comprehend. We have developed the resonance torpedoes to ensure that I survive until this battle. We knew that if my life was ever threatened, we couldn't use idle threats. However we never thought the galaxy would make us go through with it.

Vidar: We unleashed those torpedoes and even targeted our own world, because all hope of winning the final battle was destroyed. We blamed the rest of the galaxy for this and felt they should suffer. However it was decided that a few chosen Aesir would live and wait Ragnarok. In case we still could win, even though we doubted it.

((lol - why did you refer to me as Rwos? I wouldn't wanna be him :xp:;)))

Rwos: You have an entirely too fatalistic outlook on this. The future is not yet written. Thus no prophecy is set in stone. You can only know where the time stream is flowing.

If you know what may happen, then you have the ability to change it. Dare I say you have the responsibility.

----------

No...that is not what I want...but...

Very well. If the only way I can prevent this fate is to accept your offer...then it is done. I accept.

If what you say is true, then the end is close. However, I will not be fighting alone at Ragnarok, when I comes. Nor will I be the leader.

*Deac closes his eyes, and warriors of all races and ages appear in ghostly forms around him.*

We are the Starkiller.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then it is done!

*Starr's eyes turn black*

Feel the power flowing through thy veins! Now, we cannot be here. We must help Reletha's heir!

Rwos: Very well. If so many prophecies coincide, then in my experience there is usually an element of truth to them. But I still want to know certain things - Who gave these prophecies? If we succeed in getting the Time Matrix, we could question it...and perhaps find out critical information that has passed us by.

----------

Starr could feel power flowing through him, in incredible intensity. The Darkstar hadn't been lying. Starr had never imagined anything like this.

He felt like his eyes were being opened. Suddenly a trillion more possibilites were open to him. He could do anything!

What of my master? Should we leave him here or bring him to help us?

The answer to your question, Starr Darkstar, is this: Do you want Cracken as your servant? He has tasted power, he would only plot against you. Let us slip away and find the time matrix ourselves. We can alter the past more favourably for US.

---------------------------------------

*Deac addressess Odin*

You seem to be in charge here, what do we do now, and what if we jump again?

*Cracken senses something about Starr.... something... odd.... something... pow... it hit him. Darkstar followed them through TIME ITSELF.... he kicked himself. he should have accepted. Now, his own apprentice was now the master.... He thought.. how do deal with him, if ANY way... no, not in his current state.... he'd lose, horribly. He'd just tag along with the Super Geeks.....*

(OOS LORD OF THE RINGS REFERENCE AHEAD)

well, whatever you SUper Geeks do, you have my lightsaber....

*he lights another cigarrete. He appears very edgey, and VERY OH VERY SLOWLY moves away from his former apprentice*

Rwos stares at Cracken. "Geek" was a word from Earth...it meant something along the lines of cyberscientist...which made no sense in this case.

Maybe his translator had gotten a random glitch. He'd worry about it when he got back home...if he did...

...why, exactly, were Starr Hailfire's eyes black?

----------

My past is half a blank...I do not know h---

Cracken spoke. Starr instinctively listened...

So he wants to stick with them...he must have a plan for this that he did not tell me...I suppose he really doesn't need me at all.

Well after all, he's the one who told me that "when opportunity strikes, take it..."

Starr took out his lightsaber. He turned to Cracken, who looked oddly at him. They looked at each other for a moment. Then Cracken's face changed...he knew what Starr was about to do.

Starr: Rest assured that I'll come back for you.

Starr struck the canopy of the speeder with his lightsaber's blade. Then he leaped out of the vehicle, rolling on the ground. Using the Force to speed his movements, he ran.

Archived