Home

The Model / Skin mill has certainly slowed to a crawl.

Bird Of Prey!

Originally posted by Hiteche5

Plus most of the Star Wars characters have been done (2 or 3 times each in most cases) And other skins don't fit in very well.

Anyways I'd rather have the mods!! Rebel Strike anyone?

LOL.. YES rebel strike ownz!!!

I dont think thats the case at all, people just want to make more worthwhile projects, instead of eyecandy.

People want to make great levels and mods for gameplay, not just a couple of skins, so people are focussing more on work now, until the source code comes out

I am pretty sure this is because the models being worked on atm. are some very BIG charachters.....VERY!!!

And remember one important thing before you say that the produce of models hhave slowen.....

In most cases atm. it's the same modeler that make several models!! Some of the modellers that are making those big characters, have circa 3-4-5 models in the state of WIP...which is quite alot....so don't worry....they are coming out the models....better than ever! I can promise you that...some of the most popular characters are already more than half finished!

exactly true. i only have a 56k modem and it is too slow to play online unless I can find an australian server to play on (quite rare). I love new maps and models though to play with on my network, so I certainly hope more get released. I am especially looking forward to the bothan model, plo koon and **** (i wont say the name cause I will get in trouble).

I made a few skins a while back, and had a good time doing it. They weren't real Star Wars characters, but I tried to make some that would fit in that universe. One of the reasons I ended up stopping was that there didn't seem to be a lot of servers that had extra skins on them for you to use. Especially ones that weren't movie characters.

So that sort of kills some of the motivation when you know people probably won't be using them online. The funny thing was, I originally just made MP skins, but then I got tons of requests to convert them to SP skins. There almost seems to be a bigger "market" for skins for SP.

This is also true of maps. When you go online, how many servers use any of the custom maps? Not many, from what I've seen. So again, why churn out maps if they a rarely going to be used? Again, this is just my experience, and yours may be different :)

Anyway, if you want to peak at my skins, you can see them at Warped Productions.

I think a lot of people prefer SP at the moment as people seem to be totally freaking out over the MP implimentation. I mean, for the love of GOD, do we really need 90% of the posts around here to be "(new patch) sucks because (some nerfed feature) was fine before. If you disagree, you're a unskill N00B!"? Sure, feel free to add your opinion, but don't make personal attacks on others! maybe the forum mods should be more active with the flame banning.

Sorry. I went off topic there.

Anyway, I apprceate new maps / models / skins. But, please include bot support. A lot of us, including me, don't have a fast enough connection to play against people on the net.

Razor Ace

Archived