Home

Thanks a lot, Whiners

The Lopper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by razorace

Well, it is pretty lame to cheese ANY move, even if it is a fair move.

Exactly.

It is also pretty damn lame and dumb to die from it over and over and not learn how to defend against it.

The only way to make everyone happy it seems is to do 1 red stance swing, switch to yellow stance, do a single swing, switch to blue stance, do a single swing....

Come on man, "fair move"?

Everything is fair if both players can do it.

Unless I am using a script, wall hack or a bot, every single thing I can do, you can do as well.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

To kill a good player you have to surprise him because he knows how to defend himself.

I took the time to learn the game.

I took the time to learn the counters and defenses, more to the point.

Next time someone is "cheap" in your mind, before you complain, stop and ask yourself "is there any way I could have prevented that?”

There ^^^ is the key to making yourself a better player.

I totally agree.

Well, did the guy ever ask you to change techniques?

Lol, yep.

I got the standard "Duel me with NF you *****" that all newbies use when they come across someone who knows more about Force duels than they do.

I told him, fine, beat me one single time, not even a full match, just one single round, and I will fight you any way you want for the rest of the game.

This was on match #6 so it's not like I didn't give him a chance to get what he wanted, all he had to do was kill me once.

You can say this is arrogant, but If I am playing a person who is either good enough to beat me or, if they are not good but have a level head and don't run around crying and flaming I am more than willing to comprise my play style when they ask "NF?" or "No kicks?"

But if you jump right on me and start flaming me for no reason other than I killed you, I never compromise.

Actually, I abandon all attacks except for the ones you complain about.

Is that mean?

Yep, but I have never (and I do mean NEVER) flamed a player because I didn't like they way he killed me, "cheap" or not.

Nor will I ever.

I may get mad, but if I can't learn it's my fault.

Actually when I first see a player is going to be an easy kill, I actually limit my attacks to things they can stop.

I won't pull+saber throw a guy who is still learning.

I don't pull+kick guys who ask questions like "How do I put colors in my name?"

I am actually one of the most "newbie" friendly people you could ever hope to come across, I always help people and never try to humiliate them when they are still learning, no matter how easy it would be.

But that changes once someone starts in with the "gay, lame, n00b" crap.

I will let the first one slide because some people just screw around, but keep it up and I stop holding back.

Woah, you actually agree with Homo Ewok?! That's a first. :) I'm just j/k BTW. :)

Oh yeah?

Well **** *** *** ************!

;) Just messing w/ you dude.

Seriously, go look at some of the people who are saying the same things I am throughout these forums like leelink or Rosco/icefox.

Granted they may say them in their own way but the message is the same.

Now go play these people.

Notice how most of these people are damn good players?

It's not a coincidence.

Well, thanks for trying to be nice to the newbies, it's the only way we get more players in the game...unless you've figured out a way to clone an army of JK2 players....

Speaking of newbies, I'm trying to start a JK2 forum FAQ for new and "old" players of the game as noone else seems to have a complete, up-to-date FAQs. Please stop by the thread here, and leave your comments / addition questions / etc.

Well, I started this thread in a moment of anger after playing in a Free for All game for the first time with 1.04 installed. My point was that Free for All games (and to a lesser extent CTF) with force and weapons have become A LOT less fun because the saber has been taken out of play as an offensive weapon.

However lame you may think the backstab is, it was the only thing that gave the saber parity with guns (i.e the ability to make an instant kill.) In 1.03 you had the option of using either guns or the saber as the situation or your inclination demanded, AND WERE AT NO DISADVANTAGE EITHER WAY.

My own play was probably 50/50 saber/guns; now it's more like 20/80 - or would be if I hadn't given up on Free For Alls because they've become so boring. Now I play strictly CTF, which was always a gunner's paradise anyway.

I don't doubt that for a certain type of player 1.04 has made dueling more fun, but in so doing the Free For All has been ruined. And that's a damn shame.

Your Friend,

The Lopper

Heavy stance is the way to go now....

All light stance is used for is spamarific Lunge move and crazy "blender" style, and hardly any BSing

Medium BS is too short ranged and you can't see behind you as you could in 1.03, so it's pretty much useless in most situations (considering the speed of recovering from a knockdown).

Wow! That took a while to read! I never got to backstab. I downloaded the patch as soon as I got the game. I intend to remove it for 1 day, just to see. I will keep it though. I have gotten used to the fast stance. But I only play against bots. I only have a 56k connection but I hope to upgrade.

For anyone who's unsure what H. Ewok is ranting against, I hereby repost Phayyde's masterpiece, the "book of honor."

The Book of Honor: Sabre Rules for FFA

Here is the code of honor that is in use from NOW ON on EVERY SERVER. If you do not follow this code to the letter, you will be dishonored. And yes this applies to all servers, even FFA, so get with the picture.

1. You shall use the saber and only the saber.

2. If you see anyone using any weapon other than the saber, you must callvote to kick/ban the dishonorable scum.

3. If you see someone with saber off, you must signal the hail sign to signify that you are of the code. Do this by turning your saber off and spinning 180 degrees three times with a 2.73 second pause between each turn. It MUST be timed correctly or you will be deemed an imposter and kick/banned, you dishonorable scum!

4. No kick move in melee. It's lame.

5. No saber throwing!

6. No Drain. It's lame too.

7. Know what? No ANY force nuthin! I've died too many times from lamers using those force powers, so byebye force! True Jedi don't need force.

8. No jumping in melee. Because the game just gets too confusing when I can't hit ppl.

9. No hitting back! When I hit you, you can't hit me back because it takes away my hit points.

10. No running! Tru jedi walk everwhere. If you don't know this already, prepare to be kickbanned you dishonorable scum!

11. Actually, the whole thing would be much better if you just didn't move at all. So... sorry, no moving!

12. And no crouching either, you dishonorable cheater scum!

13. No more single player gamiong either. You must delete all your savegames and only connect to MP servers, preferably FFA.

14. No whining either! True jedi are good sports and don't mind getting killed by me.

There. Now that everyone is playing by my rules, we can make this a game WE CAN ALL ENJOY!

May the farce be with you!

The people Phayyde was spoofing were actually quite happy with backswings in 1.03. The fact that the maneuver in question was stupid didn't seem to occur to them at all. If 1.04 has inconvenienced such people, I'm ecstatic. The fact remains, 1.03 turned the game into... well, Jedi Pong. In FFA, it was pull/backswing that won the match, nothing less. 1.04, (which preserves the excellent FFA and CTF dynamic of 1.02 while removing the bugs from that version AND the overpowered backswing and nerfed arsenal from 1.03,) is beautiful. It's a great patch. FFA is fun again. Thank god.

You know, I saw... or rather didn't see someone using mind-trick the other day. And they were good, too! They came second to my first of course, :naughty: but the point is that they managed to kill people while using a force power OTHER than absorb. That bodes well for this patch, which allows people the freedom to have the kind of game they want on their servers, and allows them the freedom to use the whole range of force powers to good effect. Sabres are once again useful in FFA (without having to resort to backswing) guns are fun to use once again due to the un-nerfing of the repeater. What more could anyone want?

Yes, I must say that anyone who complains about the aspects of 1.04 that I have mentioned, must be ill-informed and/or lacking in experience. 1.04 rox0rz.

Of course, anyone who wants to change it will have to get past me. :evil2:

I can adapt my play to spamming and can dodge all forms of it, it's just the way that other people still do it that pisses me off. I never died much to spamming, I could live with it. The reason I was praising 1.04 is that it's now going to make people start to play properly. THATS why I dislike spamming, it encourages lazyness in playing and generaly anoys people.

And to all that hate 1.04 settings, dl Jedi Mod, then you can undo all the 'damage' to sabre fighting.

Later all.

Originally posted by The Lopper

Thanks to all those who whined so loud about backstabbing and ass-fighting and got the brilliant minds at Raven to ruin the game with the 1.04 patch.

Sure ass-fighting sucks, but the backstab wass the only thing that made the saber a competative weapon in free-for-alls. Now that the saber is so underpowered as to be useless as an offensive weapon, gun-whoring rules the day and free-for-alls are lots less fun.

Just another example of the old adage Be careful what you wish for - you might get it.

your friend,

The Lopper

I've said this before and Ill say it again. On the flipside of this coin it can be said that it is the people who cant do easy one hit kills anymore and will now actually have to learn REAL skill with the lightsaber, who are the TRUE whiners.

Live with the patch, learn some skill, Nuff said.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

You guys are missing the whole point.

"Realistic" to you is slow and boring to me.

Hehe. If the differences is all in how we percieve fun, all this arguing is moot. ^_^

Anyway, Ewok, what's your name in game?

Hehe. If the differences is all in how we percieve fun, all this arguing is moot.

Moot? I think not. Holy wars have been fought over comparable concerns.

Some people like 1.03, and those are silly, uninteresting people. Some people liked 1.02, disliked 1.03 and like 1.04 as much as, if not better than 1.02, and those are interesting, skilled and intelligent people. A generalisation? You bet. If people can't see how much 1.04 has improved the game from 1.03 then they MUST be blind, blind and frankly challenged.

There are plenty of console settings to make the game whatever you want to make it on your servers. If you still can't find the game you like, be like some of my more positive and constructive friends, and make a mod. It takes time, effort and dedication to plan and create a mod, and the game you like will be your reward. Whining is just tedious and boring, and whining was what ruined the game in 1.03.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Moot? I think not. Holy wars have been fought over comparable concerns.

Some people like 1.03, and those are silly, uninteresting people. Some people liked 1.02, disliked 1.03 and like 1.04 as much as, if not better than 1.02, and those are interesting, skilled and intelligent people. A generalisation? You bet. If people can't see how much 1.04 has improved the game from 1.03 then they MUST be blind, blind and frankly challenged.

ROFLMAO! You do realize, it's statements like those that start holy wars in the first place! ^_^

Well removing lightning would make the game lose a lot of appeal, IMHO. There is a way to counter it though. Use Force Push on the guy who is lighting you up. You have a chance of a knockdown and then can follow up with a lunge or DFA.

spider al, how does being allowed to be struck with a supposedly lethal weapon MULTIPLE times require MORE skill? with this patch, I can screw up several times in a duel and rest well knowing I won't be killed.

And yes I know saberdamagescale can be adjusted accordingly but the problem is most of the public servers on the net use the plain vanilla default settings. but what about tournaments? what settings do we use? we can't use the default settings because most people hate them, wait, we can call up Spider AL and he'll tell us what to go with because he makes many posts on the Jedi Knight forums, says he's intelligent, therefore he is!

One last thing: calling people who DON'T agree with your viewpoint "silly, uninteresting people" and "unintelligent" (sic) only demonstrates your ignorance and closed-mindedness. I don't really like 1.04 but even I don't have the gall to accuse someone who disagrees with me "unintelligent or boring", especially if I consider we're arguing about a videogame...

but you must be one of the game programmers to take it this seriously, hmmm? oh I'm sorry, this is Star Wars and we're all supposed to take it this seriously, sure. Sorry dood, I love Star Wars, but not enough to flame people who disagree with me when I say it's my favourite movie.

then again, it's a lot easier to call people boring and stupid when you can take solace in knowing you'll never have to do it to their face, and can hide behind a computer screen and an IP address. internet cowardice brings out the worst in all of us, doesn't it?

Archived