Home

Jedi Master Mode Turret Bug

razorace

I've discovered what I believe is a previously undiscovered game bug. When playing in Jedi Master mode the the turrets will target and fire on team members (people without the saber) after the saber has been picked up. This is a minor thing but it's a bit of a surprise when your turret turns and kills a friendly teammate.

BTW, Raven soft, thank you for the previous two patches. Please ignore the vast majority of people on this board that seem to believe that the x (the old patch) is bettter than y (the new patch). It simply isn't true. Each patch has constantly improved the game. Thank you.

Razor Ace

Originally posted by razorace

BTW, Raven soft, thank you for the previous two patches. Please ignore the vast majority of people on this board that seem to believe that the x (the old patch) is bettter than y (the new patch). It simply isn't true. Each patch has constantly improved the game. Thank you.

Razor Ace

LOL, nice attitude. "Please, ignore everyone else. My opinion is the only qualified one. I am the truth. Thx."

You don't need a forum man. You need a pulpit.

FYI, there is a vast number of people that think that 1.02 WAS the best, and 1.04 being a big improvement over 1.03 still is way behind 1.02. If you think otherwise, good for you, but I am tempted to say that you are in the minority for a reason..

Originally posted by Bill_st

LOL, nice attitude. "Please, ignore everyone else. My opinion is the only qualified one. I am the truth. Thx."

You don't need a forum man. You need a pulpit.

FYI, there is a vast number of people that think that 1.02 WAS the best, and 1.04 being a big improvement over 1.03 still is way behind 1.02. If you think otherwise, good for you, but I am tempted to say that you are in the minority for a reason..

It's just a matter of opinion bill; I give the guy credit for posting it up here in the first place, given the hostile nature of many frequenters of these forums (no implications, mind you). Although your posts could be rephrased to be less "flamable," razorace, I respect them as your own, and will now offer my own.

First of all, those people that find bugs in the game and bring them forward, kudos to you. I am one of a breed that you would call a "passive exploiter," or rather, one that does not exploit holes in the game to win a match, but will use one now and then for the laugh factor (for example, the rebound bug. No harm in it whatsoever to gameplay, but it's very amusing when you're just screwing around), and am not afraid in the least to admit it. I never used pull-backstab unless I had to give a spammer a taste of his own medicine, or by accident completely (and have never spammed it in 1.03, either), I never used the mid air lunge float bug except for the look.... not the exploit for no fall damage. I don't use the red DFA to take no fall damage; I roll.... and.... the list goes on.

However, I would advise against listing bugs on this forum for two reasons, unless it's a very largely abused hole in the game, as backstab was:

1) Patches to this game are rare, so if you list a bug that is small but significant, chances are you're creating MORE exploiters than asking the game producers to patch for less.

2) Listing bugs occasionally marks you as an exploiter, even if you aren't and/or never were. Such is the nature of leaping to conclusions... :rolleyes:

And, as such, I would say that your turret bug falls into the "insignificant" category. No offense, but it's so rare an occurance that it should not be a problem.

Now then, as for patches... my personal opinion is 1.02>1.04>1.03. Not for exploits' sake; back then, I never knew any of the "1337" tricks. Because combat was as close to perfectly balanced as it every would be, as well as force powers. Sure, healing was abused, drain whores were the norm, and a few people exploited... but it was the best this game had ever been, IMO.

Just my $.02. :cool:

Uuummm, I'm not sure where you are from, but in my area, people have allowed to state their opinions.

I'd disagree with your "there is a vast number of people that think that 1.02 WAS the best", most people don't post to the forums and I doubt Raven is putting out patches that go against true popular opinion. It just goes against common business sense. Plus, most of the servers are using v1.04. If a majority of the people actually hated it, they'd run v1.02.

Razor Ace

Think about this, won't you? All you glory hounds who figured out all those exploits and cheats are far more likely to frequent online forums such as this one. So it makes sense that you might think tons of people dislike the new update. But the amount of positive or negative posts are irrelevant. All it takes is ONE post to point out a bug, flaw, exploit, or cheat to have it addressed. And what did we have earlier? Dozens upon dozens of so-called "whiners" complaining about how arrogant glory-hounds are using mysterious cheats and exploiting flawed game dynamics.

You called all of the people who complained about your anitcs "whiners". Now many of those exploits and cheats are denied to you with version 1.04 and now you're stuck with having to use raw skill.

:violin:

Archived