Home

Reply Form Raven.

JEDI OUTCAST

Reply Form Raven

---------------------------------------------------------------

I will pass along your suggestions, though at this time there are no plans to do any more patchs for JK2.

Way i see it is, if there is a patch for single player. double blade saber, might be there. we will see.

:D :D :D :D

If lucasarts think it's fine. that's the bottom line. Raven can then only release unofficial patches that won't get much popularity, anyhoo, it's ok the way it is now. if it has been repaired twice and it aint broke don't fix it. :D

Originally posted by HellFyre69

Well wut else do u think it needs to be fix!!? I just hope if they do realease another patch.. they wont nerf anything.. They already nerf enough

Please read my just say no to Nerfing thread. And place you vote in the poll. The more people reply the more attention that anti-nerfing movement gets.

Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

Reply Form Raven

I will pass along your suggestions, though at this time there are no plans to do any more patchs for JK2.

Way i see it is, if there is a patch for single player. double blade saber, might be there. we will see.

:D :D :D :D

Can you Private message me that e-maill address you are using to get in touch with Raven.

Thanks

Originally posted by FatalStrike

Please read my just say no to Nerfing thread. And place you vote in the poll. The more people reply the more attention that anti-nerfing movement gets.

where da hell is it at!!? i have never seen that thread

Originally posted by FatalStrike

How many people said this after 1.03? As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply.

How would Lucasarts make money from releasing another patch? 1.04 made the game not be complete ass again, so maybe a few more people will buy it. Beyond that there is no monetary value in making another patch. Lucasarts will not pay for it, Raven will not make another.

1.03 was a terrible patch that basically ruined the game, and peopel still had to beg Raven to fix it. How likely does it seem that Raven will release another patch now that most people are happy enough with 1.04? Pretty much everyone who is going to buy the game has already bought/copied it. Eng of story, no more patches.

Originally posted by idlemind

How would Lucasarts make money from releasing another patch? 1.04 made the game not be complete ass again, so maybe a few more people will buy it. Beyond that there is no monetary value in making another patch. Lucasarts will not pay for it, Raven will not make another.

1.03 was a terrible patch that basically ruined the game, and peopel still had to beg Raven to fix it. How likely does it seem that Raven will release another patch now that most people are happy enough with 1.04? Pretty much everyone who is going to buy the game has already bought/copied it. Eng of story, no more patches.

Here is what Gamespot.com wrote about the reasons for putting out patches.

----------------------------

"It's great to see developers and publishers starting to use patches to add value to their products, though. They're slipping in a few fixes in between all the cool new features. High-profile games like Morrowind, Soldier of Fortune II, Battle Realms, Kohan, Disciples II, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Jedi Knight II, and many others from the last year have all received patches that make substantial additions to the content of these games. And that's really something. Basically, publishers and developers are recognizing that patches are good ways of getting people to keep playing their games. And if people keep playing, they'll keep talking, and if they keep talking, other people will keep buying. That new Soldier of Fortune II multiplayer mode isn't philanthropy--it's marketing. It'll help keep the game on the shelves, on people's hard drives, and on the Internet. " -Gamespot.com

---------------------------------

So you see there are financial incentives in creating and releasing patches.

Thanks

Originally posted by 00M-187

Why do you want a new patch? Arent you sick of the game always changing?

Probably to un-nerf what they have nerfed.

The patches have crippled this game to a shadow of its old self.

Correct me if I'm wrong, JEDI OUTCAST.

If you ask me, I'd say they are kind of slowing down on it. This may be because of Star Wars Galaxies coming out and they are just trying to fix the game and worry about that the most. So until December, you may see a decline in patches for the most part, but maybe better ones, ones that won't need patches for a little while longer than normal. But no one ever puts their game up for sale and forgets about the users and players who actually enjoy the game, unless you are one of the makers for High Heat Baseball 2003. You want serious forgetfullness and a game that needs so many fixes that its not even funny, then just buy this game. They have never come out with a patch ever and they don't even reply to their customers, which shows that Raven cares about his customers and their happiness of the game. At least he replied and was honest about it, and that shows that the creators did not forget about all of us Players out here.

Originally posted by V-tecc

Probably to un-nerf what they have nerfed.

The patches have crippled this game to a shadow of its old self.

Correct me if I'm wrong, JEDI OUTCAST.

wrong my game is a lot better with both patchs, i sent a email to raven to see if they can put the double saber in single player.

The changes that need to be made to 1.4 aren't as large as the changes needed for 1.2 and 1.3. I think there won't be anymore patches. But mods like Jedimod and the upcoming Jedi Fortess will keep the game trucking right along.

For those of you that play/played Half Life, and remember what it was like BEFORE Counter-Strike, it was considered a very very weak multiplayer game. It was only good for it's single player. Until.. the mod community took off. Team Fortress was first, several small mods came, then Counter-strike. Now look at Half Life, it's stronger than it ever was, only because of mods.

Jedi Outcast is only as dead as the players make it, as long as people are still making creative mods, tweaks, ect. This game won't die for quite awhile. If Raven releases it's single player source code, I think players can make mods that do most of the stuff and more people want.

My point is, you don't need patches to make the game better, players usually know what they want more than the companies. All you need is a mod supportive company and a creative fan base.

JK2 is a LucasArts game....sure Raven may have done all of the development, but Raven doesn't control the shots nor do they own the product. If LA doesn't want them to patch it, they won't. And I can't see why Raven would do it "on the side" a.k.a., unofficially, for the same reasons--it could possibly piss off LA. Finally, considering Activision owns Raven, the big 'A' may also be a large part of any potential decisions to patch or not patch.

Nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

Archived