Home

Girls and games ...

QuietSith

girl gamers arent THAT rare .... and they are normally cool

ok they arent as numerous as us guys buy i thnik thats partly due to games tending to be aimed at guys ..... so it takes a girl with taste (a rarity <hides>) to like it

at least this girl isnt slagging us all off while she talks

<wants to throttle the girl interviewee>

• 3 weeks later...

Girl gamers in my opinion are on average a whole heap better than guys.

I think the main problem for girl gamers is that most of the 'guys' who play are like 14 yr old virgins who have never had a girlfriend. I kid you not its embarrassing when there is a lady on the server and all the pre-pubescent brats start to flirt outrageously and basicly make utter fools of them self.

Some ladies do like the attention but it really is quite sad how some of these desperate lil fellas carry on in the presence of females.

I also notice that some people do seem to let girls win when they play them in some misguided attempt to be a gentleman. No woman respects a guy that is letting you walk all over them. I always put in 110 % effort when fighting girls (sorry Lexx;)). The reason being that if they are going to beat me then I am sure they want to win out of their own skill rather than handing the win to them on a plate.

In short female players can be particularly ruthless i find (not a bad thing) I really need to keep my eyes open when playing against females.

Anyway utmost respect to Lexx and Janedoe, two of the best players I've played and yes it really is a pleasure to fight you guys :)

Thank you for your kind comments Jah! :D It is a pleasure to play you also.

This whole subject is hard for me to comment on, the mere fact that there is a thread about it shows the stereotypical feelings towards "females" and games. It dissapoints me grately.

The majority of men I play are cool and show me respect but of course there is the minority who think that if they loose to a girl, they are somehow embarresed. I just wish these men or "boys" would stick there d1cks back in there pants and realise females are just as good as males. Why can't they just get on with playing the game to have fun! The most common comment I get is "are you really a girl?". Um yes, just cause I beat you, doesn't mean I have to be male. :rolleyes:

Respect to all those I play that show me respect! :thumbsup:

mostly those guys whinning r playing like a whore. when u kill them they tell u there not ready or other ****. always complaining.

i just think that we should be able to play side by side (female - male) and accepts the fact that they could be better than u (respect).

i have nothing against females playing games, i think that even more females should play games.

Originally posted by lexx

The majority of men I play are cool and show me respect but of course there is the minority who think that if they loose to a girl, they are somehow embarresed. I just wish these men or "boys" would stick there d1cks back in there pants and realise females are just as good as males.

:lol::rofl::lol:

I actually prefer losing to girls...

I know a good number of female gamers. Its not really all that odd. Even my girlfriend likes comp games. She does not play any of them, other than like solitare, but she likes to watch me play some RPG's when fighting dragons and stuff like that. She just kinda chills and watches TV, chats with me, and plays with my parrot will I blow off steam or do a little game time. Isn't she great. :D

My sister is a gamer. The first time I played her was a few years back, we were playing jedi knight. And yes, to my utter shame I went easy on her. Not because she's a female OH NO! I went easy on her because she had never played the game (this is fair enough yes?).

I am not ashamed to admit that she owned my sorry butt! :D All BECAUSE I was easy on her.....never again ;)

Originally posted by lexx

Thank you for your kind comments Jah! :D It is a pleasure to play you also.

This whole subject is hard for me to comment on, the mere fact that there is a thread about it shows the stereotypical feelings towards "females" and games. It dissapoints me grately.

The majority of men I play are cool and show me respect but of course there is the minority who think that if they loose to a girl, they are somehow embarresed. I just wish these men or "boys" would stick there d1cks back in there pants and realise females are just as good as males. Why can't they just get on with playing the game to have fun! The most common comment I get is "are you really a girl?". Um yes, just cause I beat you, doesn't mean I have to be male. :rolleyes:

Respect to all those I play that show me respect! :thumbsup:

i lose to lexx all the time and i dont get £%$^£$ stressed about the £$%£" fact shes a £%^ girl

<wanders off to sulk> ;):eyeraise:

Originally posted by NerfYoda

Geesh. I need to get my gf to quit this whole "school and work" thing and play JK2 & Galaxies when it comes out. We'd be the combo that couldnt be beat! Oh yeah It'd help if I could somehow get her interested in Star Wars too. :p

Girls that like Star Wars are a scarcity. The last couple of GF I had took great pleasure in ripping them to shreds.

Archived