Home

Stop lightning whoring (not really whining)

CagedCrado

Lightning needs to be nerfed,or made stoppable without crippling yourself. Lightning is lame. It makes killing way too easy (lightining, light slash, dead). I think the solution would be to make it so that lighting can be stopped by kneeling with your saber out like in the movies. Is it possible or a good idea?

pst... ever heard of ABSORB?:rolleyes:

what do you people want?

at level 3, its rather costly, and when you are lightning someone, you cant block. either gun them down(oh wait, those are cheap too, right? this must be a saber only server) or run up and deliver a heavy slash or DFA on them...

darkside is still underpowered... it needs no nerfs.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with SPY, here.

The Dark Side powers are already extremely weak, in my opinion. And if you aren't quick enough to deal some damage to the guy while he's using the power (they're defenseless when they use it) or get out of the way, I'd suggest becoming a Lightside user and utilize absorb.

And when you're good, use all three of the above methods, and make them pay. :)

Originally posted by CagedCrado

Lightning needs to be nerfed,or made stoppable without crippling yourself. Lightning is lame. It makes killing way too easy (lightining, light slash, dead). I think the solution would be to make it so that lighting can be stopped by kneeling with your saber out like in the movies. Is it possible or a good idea?

Nothing else needs nerfing in the game. There's been enough of that. :) You just need to develop a strategy to counter the lightning whore.

I am still a darkside palyer (yes you can take the piss all you like) and as i can see it needs no nerfs at all. it's very easy to counter absorb, drain and lgihtning them back.

And yes i can still beat people with the darkside pwoers, tactics are what it's all about (should be liek that for the lgiht tho) I mean if you are gonna get killed from say a dfa, if you're quick enoguh slip on rage and you'll be left with 1 health, enoguh to drain their ass and get you back to scratch. 1.04 is almost balanced ewnough and if anything it's the lgihtside that needs balancing.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

it's very easy to counter absorb, drain and lgihtning them back.

Did I read this right? You cant use lightning or drain while a person has absorb on, it only gives that person MORE force power and does nothing to them or for you. Most skilled players of the lightside are very skilled in timing when to put on absorb (not leaving it on untill thier force is gone) They use it the split second you begin to try to use lightning or drain then turn it off.

I am a darkside player, always have been, the darkside powers are VERY strong, people just need to learn to use them properly, different situations call for the use of different powers at opertune moments. When a darkside force user knows exactly what force power to use and when, the darkside of the force is much stronger

I have dealt with many lightside players, some of the better ones, they all fall to the darkside force, Dont get me wrong, the lightsaber is an equal tool, the combination of the two is almost unstoppable in the control of a skilled darkside player.

Originally posted by Master Sith

Did I read this right? You cant use lightning or drain while a person has absorb on, it only gives that person MORE force power and does nothing to them or for you. Most skilled players of the lightside are very skilled in timing when to put on absorb (not leaving it on untill thier force is gone) They use it the split second you begin to try to use lightning or drain then turn it off.

I am a darkside player, always have been, the darkside powers are VERY strong, people just need to learn to use them properly, different situations call for the use of different powers at opertune moments. When a darkside force user knows exactly what force power to use and when, the darkside of the force is much stronger

I have dealt with many lightside players, some of the better ones, they all fall to the darkside force, Dont get me wrong, the lightsaber is an equal tool, the combination of the two is almost unstoppable in the control of a skilled darkside player.

Actually with drain.. they both negate each other.. no1 gains force or health

hehe, i messed up, i mean lgihtning, jsut absorb and drain them, tho draining you will lose more than gain but they will run out quiocker. actually now that i look at it, i din't make a mistake look.

It's very easy to counter (lightning) absorb, drain or lgihtning them back. :D

I wrote this in another thread:

Take AOTC: Obi-Wan uses absorb because he knows Dooku can hit him with lightning. Now, you don't see Dooku playing guessing games with Kenobi by dabbling a little lightning here and there trying to test whether or not Kenobi has absorb "activated".

Also, you can hear absorb, so it makes sense that you use lightning (making the opponent activate absorb) and then cut it off.....wait for the opponent to deactivate absorb and then lightning them again. Absorb uses your force power even when you're not being attacked. So unless you're playing against a light side user, it's possible to get involved with these kind of cat and mouse games....

I'd rather just decide this contest by our knowledge of the lightsaber.

Some sith guy said something like that once.... ;)

Unfortunately Kaan(for light siders), absorb only lasts so long. It sucks away your force power unless you get attacked. Once you see(or hear) a guy pull up absorb, the lightning temporarily stops. Once absorb runs out or the guy "deactivates" it, here comes the lightning again. Here we go again with the absorb on, lightning off, absorb off, lightning on, (same with drain) routine.

Ideally, absorb(since it's supposed to transfer attacking force power to the defender's force pool) would not use any force but would also not regenerate while in use. This way, if the only force power the player uses is absorb, he won't run out. But if he starts throwing the saber or jumping around and pushing, the meter runs out and doesn't get replaced except by being attacked by the dark side.

This way, the dark sider won't be able to use lightning while absorb is activated(at least not successfully), but the other person won't be able to regenerate their force and therefore could run out. This would prevent too much reliance on absorb.

As it is, it can be just a cat and mouse game like my first paragraphed described. And since the lightning can do good damage very quickly, a player has to keep one finger on absorb the whole time and this still won't stop that first instant of 5-10 hp damage....

I'm glad Dooku and Yoda didn't play cat and mouse with the lightning and instead got on with their lightsaber battle.

And laughing about someone who doesn't like playing cat and mouse with lightning/drain and absorb doesn't paint the best picture for others...Not saying that you play cat and mouse but that's the picture it paints without playing you in a match.....It reeks of immaturity.....

Originally posted by CagedCrado

Absorb is the answer to lightning. In fact, it's the answer to just about anything. I think that it's the most effective and cheapest force in the game, IMO. :D

Originally posted by BucMan55

Unfortunately Kaan(for light siders), absorb only lasts so long. It sucks away your force power unless you get attacked. Once you see(or hear) a guy pull up absorb, the lightning temporarily stops. Once absorb runs out or the guy "deactivates" it, here comes the lightning again. Here we go again with the absorb on, lightning off, absorb off, lightning on, (same with drain) routine.

Ideally, absorb(since it's supposed to transfer attacking force power to the defender's force pool) would not use any force but would also not regenerate while in use. This way, if the only force power the player uses is absorb, he won't run out. But if he starts throwing the saber or jumping around and pushing, the meter runs out and doesn't get replaced except by being attacked by the dark side.

This way, the dark sider won't be able to use lightning while absorb is activated(at least not successfully), but the other person won't be able to regenerate their force and therefore could run out. This would prevent too much reliance on absorb.

As it is, it can be just a cat and mouse game like my first paragraphed described. And since the lightning can do good damage very quickly, a player has to keep one finger on absorb the whole time and this still won't stop that first instant of 5-10 hp damage....

I'm glad Dooku and Yoda didn't play cat and mouse with the lightning and instead got on with their lightsaber battle.

And laughing about someone who doesn't like playing cat and mouse with lightning/drain and absorb doesn't paint the best picture for others...Not saying that you play cat and mouse but that's the picture it paints without playing you in a match.....It reeks of immaturity.....

Uh yeah, I play dark side force powers and only use light forces when playing light to even sides in FF team games. First time I tried using Absorb, I turned it on before going all saber and lightning and drain didnt effect me. It lasts for 20 seconds then you get 7 more right away by turning it back on. 27 seconds is more than enough time to kill someone with your saber. Absorb takes all of 5 min to master.

Made me realize how much dark side force powers take more skill to use.

Bottom line is Absorb doesnt save light siders from being cut down by a saber though. :)

When playing dark side you have to play the cat. Screw trying to KILL people with force, thats not what its for. LIghtning is useful when you fight some one in, say, FFA, and just before they die they start to run. THATS when you spray them with a (un)healthy dose of electrons.

Dark is by no means WEAK, its incredibly strong, however you have to know how to use it. Fight the guy, drain so that he cant heal him self, then if he runs blast him with some lightning. Fun.

Darth Kaan has a good point.

Using Dark side Force powers actually does take some skill, skill which everyone is capable to learn.

In all honesty and truth, there are so many grip and lightening whores out there that I decided to become a Light side Force whore. I guess I did it for two reasons, to p!$$ Dark users off, and to keep the whores at bay while I slice them up.

Darth Kaan had another good point, Absorb does take just about 5 minutes to learn. In 5 to 10 minutes, I mastered it and increased my lifespan long enough to slice and dice those who don't understand how to use Dark side Force powers.

Right now, all you Dark Force people think that I am being the lazy one because I didn't want to learn the Dark Force powers. Well the fact is, not only did I learn and master almost all Light side powers in about 20 minutes, I have mastered Dark Force powers to the point where I can use them stratigically to win. So if there is any Dark Force whore out there who thinks I am lazy, look at yourself, all you can do is spam a force power. Odds are you don't have any saber skills either, probably why you need force......

Good Gaming

Originally posted by Master Sith

Very true.

In v1.04 Full Force duels, I have found an almost unreal level of success using the Dark Side.

I pretty much ditched it in v1.03 due to the unquestionable effectiveness of Absorb and Protect.

Now, Drain is without a doubt the single most effective Force power in this version, when it comes to duels at least.

The key is using it properly like you said.

Don't even try to drain a full powered Light side player; you will end up worse off than your opponent.

The key to using it right is to get in a couple of hits, let them heal, and once they have depleted their own power, use drain to keep them completely empty for the remainder of the match.

I nearly laugh my ass off every time I find a Light sider scrambling away like a scared child once that first short blast hits and is followed up again and again.

You really can control the match from this point on and toy with them for as long as you like.

Lightning is used much in the same way.

Don't blast away like a fool, use short blasts to chip away and make them waste their power with a couple of heals.

Rage is also good for a rabid kick rampage.

The increased speed will allow you to drop them with a pull+kick and nail four more kicks on your prone opponent almost instantly.

A Light side player with no Force power is usually, a very, very easy kill.

Archived