Home

Vong

wedge2211

Hey there...

Not only am I into Outcast, but I'm into the expanded universe of Star Wars novels. I'm wondering, has anyone heard of plans (by lucasarts, modders, etc) to make single or multiplayer levels involving the Yuuzhan Vong? I'd like to take them on...

I haven't heard of any plans. I imagine it would be very hard to do as the Yuuzhan Vong have a unique combat style. Plus, a lot of people don't like the whole New Jedi Order series to start with so getting people to make one maybe a bit tricky.

Yuuzhan Vong are immune to the force/can't be sensed by it and definitely do not use lightsabers. Missions would have to be modded to enforce this feature of the Vong... maybe an invisible aura of the Ysalmri?

I haven't read New Jedi order books but I checked up on their information at starwars.com... Damn they look fugly, and so does their model at jk2files (in a professional way).

Killing is cool.

Okay, seriously, I think death in a series is a good thing. It makes it feel as if the series isn't actually standing still but actiually moving somewhere.

Death, after all, is just a form of change, a bit extreme but still change. When major/important/central characters in a series dies, it does take away some aspects, but it usually allows the author to add in new ones or compliment old ones in other characters.

Sure, having main characters die is fine, but only if they die in a noble, reasonable way (at least for Star Wars). Fine, chewie died trying to save people but, for the love of God, they could have waited 5 secs and saved his butt. In reality, Lucasfilms decided it was time to kill a character, so they just sat down and killed one! It was all a sales gimic. The irony is that it (and all the other recent books) turned both me and my bro off the books. :p

I think they were trying to kind of liven up the storyline a little bit. Try to get rid of the same old stories & really screw things up for the characters. I guess its worked on me. I've read all of em & the next book comes out on the 30th. Cant wait to see what happens next. :)

I think the killing off of major characters was annoying, but hey, no one lives forever, especially in a war.

back on to the original subject...I would think that it wouldn't be too hard to make a Vong combat style...you just make a new weapon set. the amiphistaff would have two modes, one is like the lightsaber is that it is a rod used for striking or blocking, second is a whiplike attack (primary and secondary fire? or map one of those to the poison-spitting attack? i suppose you could switch from spear/whip mode by actually switching weapons). a coufee is a knife, no special stuff there, and thud bugs would be sort of like a gun, you fire one and it whizzes around toward whatever you targeted. as for force powers, obviously the vong wouldn't have any, but i don't see why some powers can't work on them. push, pull, lightning, and grip dont involve sensing the Vong in the Force, but things like mind trick would be completely ineffective on them. i'd do this myself if i had the skills...

Archived