Home

lost my CD

• 4 months later...

I finished Sam&Max, again, about 3 month ago. Maybe it's time I play it once more ;)

Great game it is, I don't care for LucasArts's 20 years because their past few years sucked.

Sam&Max, Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3, Day of the Tentacles, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (also, the Holy Grail), Loom, Full Throttle... Now THOSE were THE days.

All my old DOS lucasarts games are in pretty good shape. Unfortunately I can't get them to run on my computer.

My Grim Fandango CDs cracked when I moved to my new house, so I'm going to have to buy the game again one of these days :(. I'll probably go with the jewel case version, though.

I lost my old large box Grim Fandango copy, so I re-bought it for 8 quid in a nice DVD box. The problem with this, though, is that the manual is on the CD and not shown in very good quality. Luckily I've still got my manual from the box version.

Another bad thing is that you don't have the cool art-work on the CD sleeve because the CDs are contained loose in box. But then I guess it's cheaper for LucasArts to not bother about printing off manuals and CD sleeves, and thus reducing the price I need to pay for a copy.

You never know. The DVD-case versions may end up being worth more, if less people buy them.

I lost my GF :(

I also broke my MI1&2 :(

If somebody could send me some mint copys of all these games through the post, I'm sure I could send you 2, or possible even 3 dollars.

Really - losing/breaking LEC cd's and discs? Wow... You guys need to be more careful - even my Commodore 64 Maniac Mansion discs have survived this long (Yes, I play off of backups). My Amiga Zak McKracken and Maniac Mansion floppies are still intact even though I no longer own an amiga. All my IBM floppies have survived bit-rot (as well as being archived on a cd in .img format in case emergancy remastering is needed), and all my LEC cd's are scratch-free and unbroken, but the cd's have never been backed up.

If you take care of these discs, use the jewel cases, and don't just fling them around, they will last a really REALLY long time - hell, my Commodore 64/Amiga documentation isn't even torn or yellowed. C'mon guys...

Jewel cases break very easily, and when I first started playing games, I didn't care much about the condition of the case. I just played for the games. Now, of course, I hide the boxes/cases in my wardrobe, in suspended animation. That's right, my boxes can move about.

Originally posted by WolfmanNCSU

If you have the bandwidth, just down the game ISO, I am sure you can find it somewhere. Then you can just burn a new copy, and its legal, since you already own the license to it. Just like having a backup. :D

I don't know where you get your information from, but you're wrong. You need to spend less time picking out smileys and more time reading up on copyright law.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Metallus

All my old DOS lucasarts games are in pretty good shape. Unfortunately I can't get them to run on my computer.

I know what you mean. I've had problems running old DOS games such as the original Duke Nukem and the Commander Keen Saga by Apogee Software on my dad's Windows 98 PC. I have my own now...a Dell with Windows XP. So I doubt any old games will run on this machine at all.

Archived