Home

Sabering in JKII vs KOTR

CorranHornjr

I don't know if you all have watched the trailer for KOTOR but the saber fighting seems much better...when I say this I mean that it is more like the movies and more of a typical fight would be. People when they are fighting in real life do not go around slash left and right, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon and in JKII it is just a laser rod that we slash around and throw at each other.

I like the gameplay but I think i am looking forward to either a mod for JKII or KOTOR to hopefully get more of a movie feel..because that is what we are all going for..

but it would be nice if somone made a saber mod....

let me know your thoughts..

at request...here is the lucasarts Knights of the old republic website..the trailer is there.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/default.htm

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Old_Ben

It's an rpg though so you wont have as much control of what you do with the saber.

Yes it is a RPG but are you sure that we won't have control of the saber? Though it is an RPG it seems like we ARE going to have alot of control...we get to make our own lightsaber for goodness sake...

I don't want this to become an advertisment for KOTOR, i just thought I would get everyones opinion on the saber fighting in JKII and what they see in KOTOR..and what they perfer.

I see your point tree, but if you look at all of the trailer you will see the main character sabering a beast and a trooper of some sort and they look like the same moves....i doubt it will be scripted. It looks like it is going to be a different RPG...more loose..

I am getting the impression that most people don't like RPGs...though everyone is pumped about galaxies..but not about KOTOR..why? It is just interesting..because even JKII had a RPG part in it..with puzzles and a story line...

Originally posted by CorranHornjr

I am getting the impression that most people don't like RPGs...though everyone is pumped about galaxies..but not about KOTOR..why? It is just interesting..because even JKII had a RPG part in it..with puzzles and a story line...

I really want to play KOTOR, but it's different than SWG that's an mmorpg and alot of people like that they can role play with others and not just the computer.

By the way have you gone over to the starwarsknights.com forums there are alot of people there that are looking forward to the game, and there is a lot of info about it.

Yeah I have been to those forums just to see if there were anymore information. Don't get me wrong, I love JediKnightII it is the only thing I play right now, but I guess I just wish the saber fighting was more up to par with the movies..that is just me.

I am not trying to push KOTOR, I just think it will be pretty good and I wanted to see how everyone else saw the saber fighting in JKII.

Hmm i'd preffer the KOTOR fighting. It would be much cooler if you could stop a slash of an enemy by raisin your hand. Scenes like saberlooks are cool but they have to be matches with more skill than slashing your enemy till he's dead. I fenced some years ago and its an continual attack/parade-fight. Would be much cooler but Raven just likes to make it worse ;)

so cheers

any1 else played planescape Torment!?... well is made by BioWare.. and I think it almost has the same gameplay has KOTOR... However planescape sux!!? BIG TIME!.. even though it got those big "Good" reviews.. the game pretty sux overall... n1 else agree?

Originally posted by HellFyre69

any1 else played planescape Torment!?... well is made by BioWare.. and I think it almost has the same gameplay has KOTOR... However planescape sux!!? BIG TIME!.. even though it got those big "Good" reviews.. the game pretty sux overall... n1 else agree?

I completely DISAGREE! PST is of the the greatest RPG's i have ever played. Yes it started out slow and there was a crapload of text to read but after awhile i found myself very absorbed in the complex storyline and i simply couldn't stop playing.

Its not just an Xbox game its coming to PC too, plus there are ways to use a point and click system with a gamepad. Probably won't be as easy as using a mouse but it can be done. Fact is KOTOR will be point and click, i've read that many times on the KOTOR forums.

Archived