What stance is DFA???

<>Phant0m<>

Which stance is DFA?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which stance is DFA?

• Red Stance
    • Yellow Stance

• 4 months later...

There seems to be some conflicting opinions as to what stances special move is called DFA, so let's sort it out by having a vote!

I consider DFA to be the red stance finisher and the yellow stance finisher is called Yellow DFA. What do you think?

I call the red attack the red finisher, and the yellow attack the DFA, because DFA stands for Death From Above, which would require the move to bring you above the other player. The red move is a jump forward / downward hack (as stated in the JKII user manual). Personally, call it whatever you want, I could care less :).

Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA

I call the red attack the red finisher, and the yellow attack the DFA, because DFA stands for Death From Above, which would require the move to bring you above the other player. The red move is a jump forward / downward hack (as stated in the JKII user manual). Personally, call it whatever you want, I could care less :).

YES!!! Finally someone who interprets the statement "Death from above" correctly!!

BTW, does anyone which context "Death from above" originally comes from?

I know it's not from jk2, but I can't seem to remember from where...

And doesn't it imply that it's something that takes you by surprise? The yellow move is far more surprising than the red. (At least the first time)

Originally posted by zworqy

YES!!! Finally someone who interprets the statement "Death from above" correctly!!

BTW, does anyone which context "Death from above" originally comes from?

I know it's not from jk2, but I can't seem to remember from where...

And doesn't it imply that it's something that takes you by surprise? The yellow move is far more surprising than the red. (At least the first time)

I'm not sure if this is the true origin of the saying, but "Death From Above" is the motto of the U.S. Army Airborne Infantry. HOOAH!!!

Originally posted by ToppDog

I'm not sure if this is the true origin of the saying, but "Death From Above" is the motto of the U.S. Army Airborne Infantry. HOOAH!!!

If so, "Death from above" DOES imply that it's supposed to be surprising!

Heck yeah!!! Silent but deadly!!!

I think people started calling the red move DFA because it was the most deadly of the special moves when the game first came out & everybody spammed it.

Nobody paid attention to the yellow move as much until the first patch came out & the red move got nerfed a bit. Then people started using the yellow move a bit more.

Since the red move was the first one spammed, people started referring to it as DFA & the name sort of stuck, even though technically the term is more appropriate for the yellow move.

i say dfa as heavy and medium finisher as the medium unique

the dfa abbreviation was created in 1.02 for the heavy stance (or red as some people call it) and then it was started to be used for the medium finisher near the end of 1.03

or so i have noticed here

but if you talk to people who have never been to lucasforums they say "huh?" to DFA

lexx, i can't believe you actually went ahead with this poll... eh, stoopid question, it's red stance :)

i think it started off at jediknightii.net and other kinda "official" sites where they called it dfa... so the name stuck... i hafta agree that yellow is really truly from above, but it's always been the red move that's been called that...

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

i say dfa as heavy and medium finisher as the medium unique

the dfa abbreviation was created in 1.02 for the heavy stance (or red as some people call it) and then it was started to be used for the medium finisher near the end of 1.03

or so i have noticed here

but if you talk to people who have never been to lucasforums they say "huh?" to DFA

Yeah, I used to get surprised when these l33t clanners didn't even know what DFA was... But not everyone visit jk2.net or these forums - though they damn well should!

Hmmm.... DFA is red special for me, and yellow special is simply "the hated move" since I get killed by it tons of times. But I can respect and understand a "yellow DFA" just perfectly, as long it's clear what moves we're talking 'bout then I'm fine.

BTW Twins, it's not called red stance, or even heavy stance - it's called "Strong stance" officially... Gotcha!

Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA

Well actually when you observe the DFA animation (of yourse I am talking about the red stance finisher, which the term DFA really belongs to :D ), you will notice that the character jumps up (hellloooooo!!! :D ) and then falls down (thus coming from above) and he brings his saber up over his head (hellllooooo!!!! :D ) and then slashes downwards. So the blade comes from above. I don't see your point in arguing about not being above the other player. "From above" doesn't nbeccessarily mean "the player is above the opponent", it can also mean "the blade comes from above", which in this case, it does.

The term was invented by the community in the early days of JK2 (when you probably weren't even around yet? Just guessing ;) ) when the red stance finisher was way more deadly than now in 1.04, can you say 1.02?

Also when saying that you don't care what other people call it, you are missing an important point: This is about communication. If you want to be understood, better use the term that most people use, otherwise you'll be misunderstood. If you still don't care, what's the point being on the forums?

Archived