Home

PC Ports

Hey people at Lucas Arts! I don't know if you're going to read this but if you've got this far then you probably are reading it.

Anyhoo, I reckon that y'all over at Lucas Arts should consider (that is, if you haven't started to consider anyway) porting upcoming games such as RTX Red Rock and Gladius onto the PC.

Why? Well, because I think they look great and my heart sank when I realised I could not get them for my very own personal computer (unless of course I got an emulator *ahem*). I'm sure that this post will get read many times by people from all walks of life and there are probably some more convincing arguements emerging below me anytime soon.

All I can do now is say that I think it'll be worth it and hope for the best.

I think the hope is that if you want the game that bad you'll shell out the money for a console. It is kind of lame for those of us that only have a pc, but then again there have been many games that only came out for pc.

• 4 weeks later...

LucasArt's console to PC ports are really bad anyway.

I was disappointed when i bought starfighter for the PC.

It had no new content besides resizes textures.

They didn't even bother to put in rumble support like they did for Rogue Squad.

Where as the Xbox port got new levels and a whole heap of new content.

I wanna see LucasArts make at least one more Tie Fighter type game WITH dedicated server support (read: Zone sucks + lagg)

The only LucasArt game i'm looking forward to is KOTOR but its delayed and on top of that Xbox gamers are gonna get it 6 months before us PC gamers, LOL!

PCs cannot yet emulate any current-gen console, and it's very unlikely that anything but poor PS2 emulation will be available for the next 4 years. Instead of spending $400 on your next video card and $700 on a new motherboard, buy a freaking console. There's probably more games on them that you'd like than you might think, unless you're unwilling to play anything besides FPS and RTS games.

That said, if you'd rather play console games, RPGs in particular, 2 inches from your tiny PC screen for hours, you're crazy. At the very least, get a Dreamcast or Xbox and since you can emulate just about every console you'd want to emulate on a PC, anyway, except on a couch, on a huge TV, the way they are meant to be played.

As noted, the PC Ports would suck. These games are console games and are made for the console-specific joypad. Games like Gladius and Red Rock are simply games that would not play well on PCs.. I can't find the words for why, but they just don't. PCs are for FPS games and RTS games, with an occasional RPG here and there. Consoles are for everything but RTS games and most FPS games.

Well I just received a PSII as a gift (thankfully, since my PS died months ago) so feel free to release more PSII games L.A. :) That being said though, I do feel twinges of disappointment when a console game comes out but isn't ported for the PC. Quite frankly, I'd much rather upgrade my PC then shell out bucks for numerous consoles. Btw, the last and only console I bought was an Atari 2600, if that's any indication about how likely I am to buy 3 or 4 new consoles just to play a few specific games (luckily, I have had access to a few consoles and received the original PS as a gift as well).

Kryllith

Archived