Home

Welcome to SWGalaxies.net (Before you post, read this first)

Wraith 8

[align=center]First before I start, let me say:

Welcome to

SWGalaxies.Net

These are the forums for the LucasArts Entertainment Company game

Star Wars Galaxies.[/align]

On these forums there are some people who you can contact if you any problems or questions come up.

Juztyn: He is our Administrator. He is the big boss of the SWGalaxies.net site and these forums.

Wraith 8: (thats me :D) He is the first moderator of the forums.

Jan Gaarni: He is our second moderator of the forums.

Before you go off and post in the forums, please note that we do have a set of rules to keep by.

We would like to keep the forums as they are. A cool place to post, and people that have fun.

Not a place to swear at eachother and insult eachother.

So that is why we have the following set of simple rules.

1. Dont Flame.

2. Dont spam.

3. Do not go off topic all the time.

4. Keep the right threads in the right forum.

5. Dont tick of mods.

6. Use the edit button.

7. Don't post exploits.

Ill explain the little rules one by one.

1. Dont Flame.

Flame. this means Insults

Do NOT insult people.

Also, do NOT provoke people.

There are a lot of people who are very sensitive about certain things.

Later on I will tell you a way to make sure we all know what you mean.

2. Dont Spam

With this I dont mean the meat.

spam.gif

With this i mean senceless posts. Posts that have absolutly nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Now it is ok to sometimes post a funny thing. But dont open threads that dont say anything at all.

Now please also, elaborate on your post. Do not always say one tiny word. make sentences.

Please say a bit more than just 'ok' or a smilie like ':rolleyes:'.

Iknhaton, the Administrator of the X-wing alliance and Rogue Squadron forums, once told me:

It is not the quantity of your posts. It is the quality of them.

I totaly agree with him.

3. Do not go off topic all the time.

This goes along with the 'Dont spam' rule. Ofcourse you can go off topic once in a while. But dont drag the whole thread down with your posts.

4. keep the right threads in the right forum.

Its important that you keep the right threads in the right forum.

on the General forums we have 5 different forums. they all stand for something. keep the topic of your thread in the right forum. ill explain them later on.

If you do not keep the right threads in the right forums, I will move them to the correct one.

5. Dont tick of mods.

Now Im a mod, but when I made these set of rules, I wasnt one. Still it is a good rule.

I once saw a fight between a Moderator and a member of the Lucas Forums, and believe me that the member lost big time.

Now I know we arent all powerfull and always right. But dont do things that would upset others or moderators.

6. Use the edit button.

Like the title says, use the edit button. :)

If you double post, or triple post, use it to delete your posts. Clean up after yourself. It's not our job to clean up after you, it's our job to make sure you do it yourself.

Also, if you have anything to add to a post, and noones posted before you and it's within an hour since you submitted the previous post, use the edit button, unless you know it will be a long post.

If you don't know where the edit button is located, take a look at this picture:

!Picture not available at the moment! Sorry!

7. Don't post exploits.

This means exactly what it says.

Any violations will result in either deletion of content, or deletion of thread/post (Mod's preference).

The same goes for posting links to sites which purpose is to spread exploits, or ask for links to such sites.

Spamming these exploit sites can result in a ban from these forums.

!NOTE! Posting about 3rd party macro tools also falls under this catagory.

I hope these rules are clear to you all. Please keep by them.

(this thread will be used for a lot of information. ill post regular update on info. so check this thread more than once.)

At this moment the SWGalaxies.net forums have 3 sections.

General forums

Player Association Forums

Server forums

In the Player Association forums people of different PA's can talk about their quests in Star Wars Galaxies.

In the server forums you can get to know those who weill also play on the same server as you do.

In the General forums, there are 7 different forums.

1. General Discussion

Here we Discuss anything Star Wars Galaxies related. questions about the game, theories and comments go in here.

2. Development Forum

here we discuss all things regarding the development of Star Wars Galaxies. so questions about development and stuff. go here.

3. Off-Topic Discussion

well it sais it doesnt it. anything to discuss about.

4. SWGalaxies RolePlaying

Here we can play some story based RPG's. get your stories out of you in here.

5. Feedback Forum

Got any questions about the forum or the main site of SWgalaxies? ask here.

6. Recruitment Forums

Here a PA can advertise their group of players and try to win over some members. people can also check for a good PA.

7. Private Forums

These forums can only be seen by Administrators, super moderators and moderators. The moderators of the PA forums can also view them. They are used for the discussion of issues that should stay a secret or needs to be secret for some time.

I hope this is very clear to you.

If you do not post in the right forum, I will move it to the right one.

• 3 months later...

With smilies you can make your posts prettier, or use them to express yourselfs, or use them to make a post seem different as what you said.

And that last point is extremely important.

Its important for my first rule i set up. Dont Flame.

A while back we had a slight flame war going on around here. And our own moderator, Jan Gaarni, posted a very good point about the use of smilies.

Ill start with some examples:

To make your posts prettier:

:jester1:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

JUZTYN

To express yourselfs:

Come on guys :rolleyes:
Thats funny :D
to make a post seem different as what you said:

Now i already said that this one is the most important. Ill post an example and see how you react to it.

Your a real jerk you know that
You Idiot
See? you know, when i typed this, you would feel offended. but if you use smilies with it, it will look tottaly different.

Your a real jerk, you know that ;):p
You Idiot :D:p
You see? now it looks tottaly different and it doesnt look offending.

So my advice to you all is:

Use smilies with your posts. cause that way other readers will be able to know in what sence you mean it.

• 4 months later...

Many have wondered what's the point with the point system and how it works.

So, in responce of that, and sensing that many more will ask this question in the future :D , here's a small FAQ on it and how you can use it:

What is the Point/Credits System?

The Point System, or Credits if you like since that is basically what it is ;) , was started in the beginning of January, 2003.

Its intent was to give posters the opportunity to get extra features, such as glowie around your name and signature pictures, and to do special tasks, such as getting an attachment.

Where can I find these features?

You can find the features in the Lucas Forums Store on the main page here.

It's alittle hard to spot maybe, but you will find it on the left right above the forum list.

Direct link to the Store here.

What are the different features' exact function?

You have 11 features you can spend your credits on.

• Donate credits to another user: With this feature you can give away some or all of your credits to someone else.
    Cost: However much you want to give away.

• Buy An Attachment: This feature allows you to place an attachment. An attachment is a any of the following file types: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg.
    The file size is limited to 1mb.
    You can only post one attachement. You want more attachements, buy more. :)
    Cost: 125Cr

• Change Custom Title: Custom Title is the title under your avatar just below your name in your post. This used to be a feature only available to those that had reached 1000 posts.
    Now, everyone that can afford it are able to buy a custom title of your choice. However, unlike the ones that have reached 1000 posts, you can only change it ones. You want to change it again, buy another Change Custom Title feature.
    !PS! Remember, you do not have to buy the Change Custom Title feature everytime you want to change it once you reach 1000 posts. :) From that on it is free of charge and can be changed as fast as you can change it.
    Cost: 1500Cr

• Give Another User a Custom Title: Like it says, you can buy someone else their own custom title. :)
    Requires one buy per change.
    Cost: 1700Cr

• Buy a Hotel Room: No, it's not for that use. :D
    Hotel Rooms are private threads which requires a key to enter. You can give this key to whoever you want.
    Here you can have private discussions between you and your friends.
    Requires one buy per room.
    Cost: 20Cr

• Add Glow To Username: Buy this if you want to add a fancy glow around your name. Requires you to buy it again if you wish to change the color of the glow, but for only 50 credits after the first time.
    Cost: 300Cr first time, 50Cr subsequently.

• Change Username: With this feature you can change your username ... obviously. :D
    Cost: 500Cr

• Add Calendar Event: This feature allows you to add a public calender event on the calender.
    Requires one buy per event.

• Trade Credits For An Italic Username: With this feature you can change your usernames fontstyle from Normal to Italic (which means that the text tilts to the right like this)

• Trade Credits For A Midi Song For Your Profile: This action gives you the ability to buy a Midi Song for your profile. The midi song will be played on the background while a member is viewing your profile.
    Cost: 850Cr

• Buy signature images: This gives you the ability to use image tags in your signature. To be more specific, a banner not exceeding 500 pixels wide or 80 pixels high.
    Cost: 900Cr

What do I get points for, and how much?

You get 1 point for every post you make.

You get 2 points for every thread you make + 1 point for the first reply.

!PS! For every post that gets deleted by a Mod or Admin, you will lose 2 points.

It's the same if you delete the post yourself.

For every thread that gets deleted, the author loses 3 points + 2 points for every post he/she made within that thread.

In addition, everyone that posted in the thread will lose 2 points per post.

You can delete it yourself whereas the penalty will be the same, but you can only delete it if noone has replied to it yet. After that only Mods or higher can delete a thread.

This post will change as I get more detailed info on the features, and when new features are added to the Store.

Archived