Home

Problem In JK2 Radiant

OB1 KNOB

After I load my map I go to the texture menu and try to load the system textures. If I do this when I first enter the editor it will load the textures, but once I load my map file and then try to load those textures, it will spend some time loading them and then give me an error message that terminates the program when I click OK. I have no idea why it's doing this all of the sudden. It used to work fine but now I'm having this problem. If anyone can help with this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I have established that the problem is in someway related to the "physics_clip" and "clip" textures. I replaced those textures with other physically visual textures and then saved my map. After that when I tried to load the systems texture set it worked fine. As soon as I placed either "clip" or "physics_clip" back in the map and tried to load the systems texture set it gave me the illegal operation message again. So, I know it has nothing to do with the caulk texture which works fine in the map without error.

Here is a copy of the message I received in the illegal operations warning box:

JK2RADIANT caused an invalid page fault in

module ATIO9XXX.DLL at 018f:69021c11.

Registers:

EAX=05523c90 CS=018f EIP=69021c11 EFLGS=00010293

EBX=00000d00 SS=0197 ESP=03995e80 EBP=00000003

ECX=00000000 DS=0197 ESI=0413d700 FS=2bd7

EDX=00000000 ES=0197 EDI=0000812d GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

8b 09 83 79 3c 00 7f 2e 81 78 3c 00 00 7a c4 75

Stack dump:

04144ce4 0413d700 00000000 00000d70 00000000 6902353f 04144ce4 00000000 0413d700 00000d70 000000ef 00000165 bff7b9c5 8196d4c0 0413d700 691bc671

I don't know if that will mean anything to anyone, but I figured I should post it just in case. Any insight that can provided would be greatly appreciated since I'm currently not able to do much work on the map because of the hold-ups this problem is causing.

Thanks for whatever advice you may have to offer.

Attempting to solve my problem I went through and replaced the textures I was using from the systems texture set (clip, caulk, and physics_clip) with textures from another texture set and saved my map and exited. Then I loaded my map again and attempted to load the system texure set from the texture menu.

This time it worked and I was able to access the textures without the program giving me an "illegal operation error". Then I reapplied the textures from the systems texture set back onto the brushes to which they had originally been applied. I saved and exited again, and then came back into the program, loaded my map, attempted to load the system texture set again and it gave me the "illegal operation error" again. If anyone knows what could be causing the problem I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Okay, I downloaded GTK Radiant 1.2.10 to see if that would work (I had 1.2.9 but had some problems with it since it wasn't configured to totally work with Jedi Outcast). I installed the 1.2.10 upadate and worked on loading the textures in there and that worked. I guess that JK2 Radiant was just having some kind of problem with loading that texture set when some of the textures were already applied to brushes on the map.

However, when I apply the "clip" or "physics_clip" textures to anything the entire brush becomes invisible in the 3D window in GTK Radiant but it is still actually there but I can't select it. Is there an option that needs to enabled in order for me to be able to see the brushes with those textures applied?

Thanks

yeah try view-filters and see if something like clip brushes are off, or something - im not sure, im new to gtkradiant too

hehe good for you like most of your problems you seem to be solving before any help is posted lol

i cant help you with yer main problems... maybe a system texture is messed up or something... wierd

oh yeah if yer running XP just blame it on that! :p

Thanks!

I checked out the View->Filters Menu and it did have the clip textures turned off. That was such a ridiculous problem to have. I don't even know why those would be turned off by default.

Anyways...Thanks Again.

Archived