Home

Quick Kills in 1.04!

Etherael

Finally!

Jeez I hope if other people learn how to do this right it doesn't get patched again.

You can make quick kills even in 1.04, use heavy stance, any of the seven basic strikes and as the saber passes just past your opponents body execute a DFA, the back of the saber goes back through the body, unblockable, damage scale to DFA levels is instant and death is the result. You don't even have to hit them with the actual DFA.

The easiest way to test this is to knock someone down with a bunch of pull + kicks, and go into an overhead slash aimed at them when you land, as the saber contacts their body, DFA immediately and it rips them up, even though the DFA itself misses.

Happy whining newb butchering!

Cheers

Etherael

Well, there is yet another killer move in 1.04.. So goes life. The best way to counter it I can already tell you. "Don't get hit."

If someone DOES pull this on me, oh well, I HIGHLY doubt this is a scriptable move, and as such they must have some skill to pull it off.. so gf, gn to whoever can do this to me :)

No it's not scriptable, well, I can't think how it could be, it takes damned good timing to pull it off, and of course like everything else, it's counterable, it's not easy by any means, but pull / stabbing an actual master player in 1.03 was no small feat, either, so really I don't see the problem. I just wanted a way to kill quickly, me having the skill to pull it off everytime is not the problem of the engine, it's mine, I've been practicing lots and can get it most times, lag ####s it up entirely though.

Cheers

Eth

Nope? how would that work?

Attack, time to go now, right, dfa script, but not just script from the beginning.

as for strike, wait, time, dfa script, the only difference from strike, wait, time, dfa properly, is like, three presses of the keys.

Big deal?

it's the timing part that is tricky.

yeah, I thought so.

Big deal, dfa scripting, oh gn0! how terribly difficult it is to hold fire push forward and tap jump!

Especially in comparison to the actual difficulty of timing this move, scripting a dfa as opposed to just executing one on the end of it is a non-issue.

Actually this move is somewhat ok because it requires timing and at least SOME skill. Also it can't be spammed as easily plus it can be avoided. It is still a glitch but it should not affect game balance that much.

Saber only FFA is somewhat crazy in these days anyway: DFA, backpedal, DFA, backpedal, DFA backpedal....

With this move it at least invites people to actually face their opponent, hit them and then finish with this added pseudo-dfa thing :). So probably this is even better that this "dfa-jump-into-a-crowd-repeatedly" style that people are using... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

bah, backswing wasnt scriptable *on a pure serv*.......to all the ppl that used to accuse

its called skill! turning the mouse!!!!!!!!!!

it actually isnt that hard, only takes a few weeks to do "insta-backstab", most ppl just couldnt do it cos they were too busy using pull (+backstab)

anyway backstsab fest is over (fortunately), now its DFA spam :(

I wouldn't say it's "DFA-fest" right now.... More lunge and kickfest.

And to be honest, if a guy manages to hit me with just one DFA out of all his entire barrage, then gg to him. Out of all those DFA's that didn't hit me, I'd have hurt him plenty while his recovering on the ground.

Originally posted by Bluezman

Ah well, in duels, NP. But in big FFA saber balls, there is no way to dodge three people at a time incoming from different directions with dfas... :rolleyes:

True. And you just answered the question to why I never play SO FFA's. Pointless comes to mind. Gimme guns to make things exciting, or up the saber damage so everyone isn't forced to spam those accursed specials.

Originally posted by cjais

True. And you just answered the question to why I never play SO FFA's. Pointless comes to mind. Gimme guns to make things exciting, or up the saber damage so everyone isn't forced to spam those accursed specials.

I guess thats one way of solving this problem :D

It's sad nonetheless because this game mode can be fun. If you play with decent people for example. That's why I am avoiding public servers lately...

Which - of course - is just another workaround and no solution to the problem... :)

Archived