Home

Metroid: Samus Aran WIP

__CKY__

Ok Toonces asked you about 6 posts ago to give the flame a rest.

Jesus christ. I know how to speak English I stopped when I crossed the line. The rest of you grow up. You flame and than when they retort you remind them "we have to stop flaming"

Simple solution DONT START NONE YOU WONT GET NONE.

NONE OF THIS HAS TO DO WITH KMANS MODEL.

If you kids just keep this up I'm going to Ask (thats his name) and having him lock this topic. Like Toonces said this is garbage it has no direction and your gonna get Kmans topic closed.

wanna shut me up? help em with the model. not gonna? then dont bitch about the length. good day to you sirs

Ok first off Kman is a pro modeller I'm sure he can do without help from Yours truly. Secondly He hasn't asked anyone but Toonces so far for help. Finally no one can hlep him outside that until he releases a beta. Know your facts before you open your mouth.

I'm not flaming anyone I'm telling you how it is. I'm not raising my voice and I'm not sounding off with profanity to make myself heard. This has to stop or this topic WILL be closed.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for everyone who is reading this thread about the model and don't want to read anything useless...ignore this post, i just didn't feel like pm'ing all these guys, im sorry for this

WOULD U FRICKIN USE THE DAMN PM BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! draken all the flame stuff stopped...and you probly just restarted it again...no one really gives a **** if u can talk or can't talk...so shut up and use the pm button...and anyone who this post is referring to...DO NOT REPLY TO THIS STUPID POST IN THIS THREAD...if u want to flame me for having a point, then frickin pm me..don't waste space

sorry again for this post..didn't want to pm everyone

as for the model...i think Kman went away...no reply for a while...figures

Y'know you two really need to check the dates on these posts.

The flame ended about a week ago. Roughly the same time as my last post. Give it a rest guys its done. Its been done for quite some time.

Now back to topic of the gun arm.

Yes guy that would be very cool. I think It can wait until after the first version is released though.

Every ones getting anxious and a little flustered as is witht he wait.

Skiner edit your double post and dumb is spelled d u m b.

Back on topic

she should have her gun that would be sweet

That would be pretty cool but the lightsaber would look weird.

but if other players would pick it up , wouldn't they have a samus arm to ?

Not if he modeled the gun arm to clip over the guns so you couldn't see them but her arm would be really long.

$am, people type it DUM cuz we're lazy dammit. and i meant that the bryar pistol can just change in 1st person, but now thinking about it, that'd rape the purpose of fighting her. so make the hole damn thing her arm :D that'd be good ****. and you cant really pick up a bryar pistol. its there and if ur in a game with guns on, then you should already have one, and odds are if i got ganked, u died and got it back anyways.

l8er

Yea in the end you'd have to make the gun arm a part of the model itself. I know I'd want to whip out the wookie bow caster and totally f*** s*** up with samus. Hell even the imperial heavy repeater has a pretty cool second function.

It'd be difficult to scale the arm piece to take advantage of the whole bad clipping issue but I think it could be done eventually.

Fitting a wookie bow caster in there might jus be the accomplishment of the year lol

• 5 months later...

Well, we got the mirrored sections worked out, but the hands are having some weighting issues where the wrist is said to have 5 weights, when it really doesn't. Oh well, we'll see what we can do.

Also, the bolts aren't sticking with the model. This causes the weapons to not appear in the right location. In modview, on a normal model, the bolts are staying put on the model itself, but on Samus, they are all near the floor and fly about as her animations run. Any ideas?

Do you have the bolts all weighted to the pelvis or to individual bones? And Are you sure everything went ok during the linking process, I had a linking problem on one of my models that would cause the bolts to slowly seperate from the model if I selected the pelvis and dragged it over. I don't know if this problem is related but it could be. If you want I could take a look at it. I'm sure you know what you're doing but I'd like to help out and that's easier to do if I can experiment with it. I have a lot of experience getting JK2 models ingame (D2 Barbarian,old Ben, Londo Mollari, a model of myself and one of my friend, Matt Liels Legolas and I've converted several characters from RTCW into Jedi for kicks (BJ, Heinrich, the rest of the OSA, some zombies and a few of the Nazis. If you'd rather not send your model to someone you don't know I perfectly understand but the offer is there if you need it.

I'm not sure how it was done, but which way should the bolts be? Weighted to the pelvis or the bones(I'm thinking the bones, but then again it's jk2)?

I was looking at the pivots for the tags, and they are aligned the same as the others. I wanted to make sure nothing got borked when the skeleton was initially imported.

Originally posted by TheCheat

i hope you are able to fix the bugs because i have been watching this thread since the model was first started.

by the way, do you have any plans to make the visor transparent?

I had originally made the model with her head inside of the helmet, but I chose to have it removed to reduce the polycount.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived