__CKY__

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by KMan

Try this on for size-

Download

Let me know if there are any errors.

It's at fileplanet? Oh man I can't download it then, i lost all my account passwords and I don't have another e-mail to register at! :(

Edit- Never mind. I can't wait to test it out, I'll take some screenies etc if there are any errors.

No bugs at all it seems, the only thing that the model is lacking are sounds. Oh yes, there was one bug. On a server that I was testing on the roll sounded like a female but when I used a taunt it was the crap "Take that" taunt. But when I created a solo game and used a taunt it worked perfectly.

Heres a picture I took for fun. http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3295/shot5.jpg

[i have the poweeeeeeeeerrr!]

Alright, I'm trying to point the sound.cfg file to one of the female jedi folders. This it what it looks like.

female_jedi2
m

Is that right? In JO, it wanted the path, but the ones I've seen for JA, they just have the name of the char.

Alright, I'm trying to point the sound.cfg file to one of the female jedi folders. This it what it looks like.

female_jedi2
m

Is that right? In JO, it wanted the path, but the ones I've seen for JA, they just have the name of the char.

I think the "m" should be an "f" so it defaults to female sounds when it can't find the appropriately named sound files. Just a little technical thing.:)

It looks great! Good job!:)

Uh...great skin Kman, but I got a problem. I was gettin tons of lag and crap while I was usin it tonight and so I ran ad-aware (virus scan thingie) and apparently it deleted your skin because it was something causing problems....and so I checked with /model samus but it didnt work, I turned into Kyle...:(

Yeah. I run a pretty tight ship over here. If some antivirus is catching it, then either you got a virus while it was downloading, or who knows what.

Let me know if there are any other occurances like this, and I'll re-pack the files and upload it again.

I don't see that there is anything I can do about the taunt animation issue.

Alright, I repacked the entire pk3 after scanning each file, and added the 'glow' string to the shaders. So those of you with the detail shaders enabled will have a little extra in your stockings while you play.

It's up now, so get downloading.

Hey Kman, I have a small question for you while you are around this thread. I know you generally dislike these types of questions, so pelase bear with me. I am wondering if the Plo Koon model project will be continued or dropped. I know you were having someone (I think Aaron) finish it, but I heard he quit Modeling for JA. So I was curious if you were going to pass it on to someone else to finish. It is such an amazing model (as are all of your models) and one would hate to see it not be released after all of the work put to it.

Well, if anyone wants to help get him in game, that'd be super. As it stands now, he has been rigged, and re-rigged.

We had tried a compile, but all of the bolts were messed up in game, so anything he held was flying all over the place. (I think. Maybe that was what was going on with Samus)

Well, if anyone wants to help get him in game, that'd be super. As it stands now, he has been rigged, and re-rigged.

We had tried a compile, but all of the bolts were messed up in game, so anything he held was flying all over the place. (I think. Maybe that was what was going on with Samus)

Are you saying that it's weighted to the skeleton still, and it's just the tags that are giving trouble?

If it's just the weapons that were flying around maybe the tags for those weren't weighted to the correct bone on the hands. That would be a fairly simple fix as opposed to reweighting the entire model. If the mesh is deforming properly in-game I'd double check where the tags are attached. If the tags are messed up you could just delete them all and merge in a fresh set from the original root.xsi. Maybe that would help as well.

It's definately a great model and well worth finishing if at all possible and time allows.:)

EDIT: By-the-way, what program are you modeling with if you don't mind saying? I'm just curious if you have access to the weighting or if someone else would have to look at it, or if you're just really busy. :)

Archived