Home

women

druid

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what the freaking hell!? dammit! anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong? I swear I'm using the correct bod but it keeps doing links... I'm not in the mood for debugging my profile, this is why I hate message boards, each one has it's own system of inserting pictures in and it always takes multiple posts to debug it fully... :mad:

Originally posted by SnailFace

Its God.

He's now working on heaven.

Which god? Who's god?

<uses third rank Force LongPost>

God is an ideal of good government, it was created by Man inorder to fulfill the need to be assimilated into higher orders of meaning -- Deus-Ex Machina

The Babel Fish is small, yellow and leechlike, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconcious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to carriet a telepathic matrix formed by combining the consious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centers of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot to all this is that if you stick a Babel Fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of any language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by the Babel Fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindboggingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existance of God.

The arguement goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man "the Babel Fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist and so therefore by your own arguements you don't QED."

"Oh dear," says God "I hadn't thought of that" and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy." says Man and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing.

-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Originally posted by Brina1

what the freaking hell!? dammit! anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong?

Hell yeah, I feel for ya.... this stupid vB thingie requires an inhuman level of geek-ness to figure out.... aaaargh!

By the way, where do you two ladies play? :naughty:

:eyeraise::freakout:

OK, I think I at least know where Psocques plays now.... :eyeraise: WTF!!

I'm like, whoa! - niiiice clan m'lady!!! I remember playing against a darkside member once... He completely annihilated me, and then proceeded to jump on my corpse in spite of my inferioir skill.... :ball::newbie:

Don't bite me grrl!! Back off! j/k...

Everyone, check out hermes place if you're ever in need of cool people to play with... :)

I /am/ inhumanly geeky! I make my own motherboards! Heck, I once made a device which inverts the vsync singal and then goes from a rare DB21 to a HDB15 plug so that I could plug in an NEC Multisync 3D Monitor to an Amiga... the NEC Multisync 3D might as well be concidered a Commodore 1085 Monitor because it can get the Amiga's refreshrates on ALL video modes... even the 15khz... it's the only SVGA monitor that goes below 29-30khz... If you try to plug any other kind of monitor up to an Amiga, you have to run in promoted view mode otherwise you fry the monitor because 15khz just is too far away from 30khz to be compatible. And that means any hardware hitting games (98% of them) or Gurus (Guru is Amiga's equivilent of a bluescreen of death) are going to fry the monitor.

BTW I have Quake3 running on my Amiga1200... the A1200 was the latest model but used older technology than the biggest model... it's technology from 1987 and it can run Quake3 at 30fps... Albeit it's a heavily modified A1200 but it's still an A1200! Also have Diablo2 running on a Mac emulator and it plays just fine if I run it in OpenGL... the emulator passes the MacOS's OpenGL through Warp3D which is the Amiga's own variant of OpenGL/Direct3D that happens to be way more efficient and get the same quality graphics...

GAH! why don't they just allow HTML in signatures? It'd make it so much easier to put images in!

*knows the answer to all of lifes problems*

GAH! why don't they just allow HTML in signatures? It'd make it so much easier to put images in!

if only they did allow html, but then somebody could **** up the site and put a big picture that takes up all the page or just totally ruin lucasforums by putting a whole site in their sig:eek:

and they don't allow pictures in sigs, thats your problem..unfortunately

hehe Lexx, it seems you have met your match when speaking of tech-gurus!

I mean, you are good and all lexx, but Brina is HARDCORE!

She is l33t! She builds stuff!!! She can invert vsync signals!! She can run Diablo 2 on her amiga! She.... she.... she errr.... can peel a banana? *lol*

HA! Luna the Great, more like Luna the Alienated Bitch from Whoreland...or something. Anyway, as far as female *mad skill* goes, the best I've seen so far would have to be Luna (above), FluFFy and some chick named Daelina (or something like that, from KotR) and I've face Jade and Lynn so I do have some means of comparison. As a whole, I haven't seen any females that can, well, "own" me. But, hey, I'm sure that will eventually come.

The kickwhore formerly known as:

Break_dF (or) 0892

Originally posted by hindubob1

HA! Luna the Great, more like Luna the Alienated Bitch from Whoreland...or something. Anyway, as far as female *mad skill* goes, the best I've seen so far would have to be Luna (above), FluFFy and some chick named Daelina (or something like that, from KotR) and I've face Jade and Lynn so I do have some means of comparison. As a whole, I haven't seen any females that can, well, "own" me. But, hey, I'm sure that will eventually come.

The kickwhore formerly known as:

Break_dF (or) 0892

Eeerrrrrrrrrrr.....

I see.

Welcome to the forums, one and all!

"kickwhore".... hmmmmm.......

Originally posted by hindubob1

Cjais, was there a point to your post?...I'm leaning towards no.

Hey man, I just found your post sorta... odd.... but that's just me being wierd in public now, don't take me serious all the time man...

I hear a few of the regulars at Darkside say you wanted th throw down.. (omg that sounded ghetto... anyways) but sure i liek to meet female gamers. icq me or aim me if you can psocques83 for aim and 45629992 for icq. im usually on icq: ) c ya

Well, I'm a guy but I'm glad there are women here. I met a new female player tonight going by .SP[Foxy, though I'm not certain of that [. I tried helping her as best I could, like posting the adresses for jediknightii and jk2files. I also tried putting the adress for these forums, but I put http://www.lucasforums.com, instead of the IP number it is now, so I don't know if she'll find here or not. Hopefully she will, she was pretty nice, and I told her that if she wanted she could probably find a trainer here, though she is part of a clan (Sith Possessed), so maybe one of her clan mates will help her.

So while playing, I mentioned the female models available that I know of, and then remarked that me and another guy were using female models, and she asked why. My response was that I like twi'leks, and there's only the one, but that does bring up an interesting point I think.

How many women here use male models, and how many men use female? Does anyone use either exclusively? Any particular reason for your choice?

Personally, like I said I just happen to like the female twi'lek model better than most that are out, and currently play it almost exclusively. Sometimes I'll change to Dooku, 4-LOM, or Padme (all models, not skins) especially on the rare occasion I do play on a pure server and it's one without the female twi'lek. I am anticipating a few few and female upcoming models, and once they're released I don't know what my pattern will be, but until then I'm apparently "transgendered" while online :p .

Originally posted by psocques

I hear a few of the regulars at Darkside say you wanted th throw down.. (omg that sounded ghetto... anyways) but sure i liek to meet female gamers. icq me or aim me if you can psocques83 for aim and 45629992 for icq. im usually on icq: ) c ya

eh, what? I havn't been to the DS servers for soooo long! Who excatly said I wanted a throw down?

Anyway, I'd love to play you sometime, catch me in Hermes Place NF SO Duel server, I'm there most nights after 10pm. I look forward to dueling with you. :D

I dueled with a fellow female there last night by the name of Jane Doe. Great Fun! ;)

Archived