Home

Maybe n00bish question.... skins....

SnailFace

I just had a though, it's prob not possible at all, but I thought I'd see if anyone ahs any ideas.

Is there anyway to make it so you can CHOOSE what skin people who don't have the skin you are using see?

i.e. I download emperor skin, but others don't have it so they see Reborn rather than Kyle.

I just really HATE the idea of people not seeing me how I want to be seen, and at leaast this would be a compromise.

I reckon it could only work if everyone had the mod which allowed that kind of setting, which would ruin the point really, but anyway, any ideas?

According to my emporer skin it was based off the reborn skin, and it is essentially a black reborn.

However people see me as Kyle when they don't have it, I want them to see me as Reborn when they don't have it.

Possible or no. You'd have to have a mod where you select what skin as a defualt one and then another skin chosen from the built in skins as a backup one. Does this exsist?

also, 2 other questions:

1. Is it possible to make it so that whenever YOU don't have a skin rather than seeing Kyle, your computer picks a random skin iout of the ones you have. Thus avoiding seeing loads of people with the same skin and getting confused who is who in a fast battle. (please note: VERY different point to one above)

2. How do some people have a red/blue reborn? Mine is always yellow. and if you select the team colour it goes fully red, or fully blue, but I see some people with a red AND blue model. I've certauinly not downloaded that, so is there some way to change colours of your skin at all?

There is no way around the computer defaulting to the base skin of the model if the server does not have the skin. YOu cannot have a rando skin generated in the program. You must pick a skin so that it will be written into your jk2mpcfg.cfg file. As far as other reborn skins this is a small script that will allow you to change between the skins with a single key. It is not a random skin generator but it will give you quick acess to some reborn models to change to in the event the server you are on does not have the skin you want. A saber color to match is also provided.

//Reborn skins

set model-1 "model reborn/boss; set color1 0; bind (your key here) vstr model-2"

set model-2 "model reborn/fencer; set color1 3; bind (your key here) vstr model-3"

set model-3 "model reborn/acrobat; set color1 4; bind (your key here) vstr model-4"

set model-4 "model reborn/blue; set color1 4; bind (your key here) vstr model-5"

set model-5 "model reborn/red; set color1 0; bind (your key here) vstr model-6"

set model-6 "model reborn/default; set color1 2; bind (your key here) vstr model-1"

bind (your key here) "vstr model-1"

Just make sure that the "your key here" is the same on all of the lines. So if you wanted this to be on the "s" key you would change all of the "your key here" to the letter "s". Place this in your jk2cfg.cfg file and you will be set to switch skins in a nanosecond. Best I can do for you. Also these skins are in the game, just not in the menu. So you do not have to download anything and all servers will have them.

:D

Archived