Home

That guy shows up everywhere

Schmatz

I was just beating another one of my favorite games, Metal Gear Solid 2, when I really read the credits to see if any one person did more than one voiceover. Every voice was unique, but when I got to the voices of the Navy SEALs, I forgot about my original plan. The last on the list was... yeah, you guessed it... Dominic Armato. That guy shows up everywhere!! He does vocieovers for all sorts of games, I think he's a professional small-part guy. Anyone else ever realize this?

He is a professional voice actor, isn't he? He has to pay the Bills somehow. He is human, you know, not just a blonde haired guy in a computer game about Monkeys that live on an Island But Metal Gear Solid 2 must be a nice notch to add to his bucaneer belt.

Like Mark Hamill, however, he has a great voice range. Compare him to say, Earl Boen. Great as his voice is, you hear it and say "Dammit, where else did I hear this guy?". Dominic, on the other hand, sounded nothing like Guybrush in MGS2, just as Mark Hamill doesn't sound like Luke when he plays the robot in Time Squad.

Originally posted by mercatfat

Like Mark Hamill, however, he has a great voice range. Compare him to say, Earl Boen. Great as his voice is, you hear it and say "Dammit, where else did I hear this guy?". Dominic, on the other hand, sounded nothing like Guybrush in MGS2, just as Mark Hamill doesn't sound like Luke when he plays the robot in Time Squad.

Holy crap on a stick Larry from TimeSquad is Mark Hamill?! Will wonders never cease.

Hamill hasn't got it that bad. He's got: Star Wars: Episode VII to look forward to, he'll be just the right age. Oh, Episode VII will involve destroying a few reactors, and trying to stop some bad guy from summoning a meteor from the sky.

No no no. Episode VII is about Leia mostly. She has therapy because Han tells her the real reason why he started to laugh when he said:

HAN: "You love him don't you?" (about Luke)

LEIA: "Yes"

HAN: "That's ok. I won't get in the way."

LEIA: "No! He's my brother!"

HAN: (smiles)

HE SMILED BECAUSE HE REMEMBERS - HE WAS THERE ON HOTH WHEN THEY COMMITED THAT INCESTUAL KISS! HE WAS THERE WHEN LUKE WAS OBVIOUSLY GETTING A TENT IN HIS TROUSERS ON THE WAY OUT OF THE DEATH STAR. IN EPISODE VII HE REMINDS HER.

Archived