Home

JK2 vs. WC3

its420onthedot

Rob,

I would have to heavily disagree with you. Warcraft 3 is one of the best, most creative games to hit my system in a long time. However, I must admit, it takes a lot of dedication and practice to get good at it, which might be throwing your interest off. I admit, its thrown mine off as well. I bought WC3 when it came out, but yet, have only played three online games and gotten halfway through the human campaign, before I retired it, for the time being.

Originally posted by its420onthedot

Rob,

I would have to heavily disagree with you. Warcraft 3 is one of the best, most creative games to hit my system in a long time. However, I must admit, it takes a lot of dedication and practice to get good at it, which might be throwing your interest off. I admit, its thrown mine off as well. I bought WC3 when it came out, but yet, have only played three online games and gotten halfway through the human campaign, before I retired it, for the time being.

Thank you for your polite reply. It is greatly appreciated.

I actually did the exact opposite. I've stopped playing WC3 *account name is Legato, may have heard of me* cause i got sick of it and i've picked up JK2. I must say that a lot of you F**kers are really good at this game, and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. I know nothing about multiplayer strategy, other than what I've learned on my own. Just simple stuff though: push people when in air off ledges with Force Push, deflect rockets with Force Push, using Force Speed with heavy fighting style, jumping on walls etc... I've beaten single player twice. Anyway, my AIM name is agreenbook, so please feel free to take me on as a padawan and teach me how to actually wield this confounded stick of light. Thanks! Toodles!

Originally posted by Catch

I actually did the exact opposite. I've stopped playing WC3 *account name is Legato, may have heard of me* cause i got sick of it and i've picked up JK2. I must say that a lot of you F**kers are really good at this game, and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. I know nothing about multiplayer strategy, other than what I've learned on my own. Just simple stuff though: push people when in air off ledges with Force Push, deflect rockets with Force Push, using Force Speed with heavy fighting style, jumping on walls etc... I've beaten single player twice. Anyway, my AIM name is agreenbook, so please feel free to take me on as a padawan and teach me how to actually wield this confounded stick of light. Thanks! Toodles!

I have to say it's good to see enthusiasm!!! I don't play online though, and I would think a lot of ppl are re-adjusting to accomodate for the changes made in the latest patch, so really a lot of ppl are re-learning the game... as 4 me, i'm leaving jkii alone for a while (and i got wciii, but haven't played it yet, don't think i will for a while), i'm doing a medical research project, hehe... good luck 2 u!!!

I only play 1... I mean 2... umm, 3 ... uhhhh, 4 games!

Yea that's it!

Just to let you know I'm not speaking off topic this is JK2 related.

Right now I'm playing...

Battlefield 1942 (demo)- sweet game. Get's boring real fast having to play in single player, but this is gonna be a kick ass Online game. Watch Out CS! Battlefield is on the way.

Game Time: I played this the last 2 days and I don't see myself going back to it.

America's Army- Yeah, yeah... So the U.S. servers are a piece of **** and having to deal with being kicked off a server every now and then can be a bitch. But this game... OMG, this game! All I have to say is, Watch out Battlefield 1942! ;) America's Army is the best looking and most realistic FPS yet!

Game Time: I play this one about once a week for a few hours. There are just too many bugs, not enough maps and objectives in the game right nowfor me. So I lose interest.

WarCraft III- I already beat the game in single player. It took me about a week but it was fairly easy. The only trouble I had was on the very last mission. That one was a pain in the ass. No thanks to my Fruity Elves...heh.

Game Time: I played the hell out of this game Online when the Beta came out. Now I only play the CPU a few hours a day in 'Custom Games' to sharpen my skills. And let me just say the AI the so ****ing good in the Custom Games alot of people get turned off by it. Not that they are cheating. There is just no option to set the difficulty in Custom Games.

Jedi Knight 2- I love this game. Never have a picked up on such a natural talent of gamming in a game as I have with this one. I beat the single player game one time on each difficulty and I can't get enough Online. FFA/FF/SO is my gig.

Game Time: I play this game just as much as I do WarCraft III. A few hours a day Online. Getting kicked off about 1 server a day do to my DeViaNt (JK2 Name) style of playing, hahaha. Am I proud of that? Not really. I'm running out of servers at a rapid pace. BTW, I don't use cheats, scripts, or patches or mods. I'm straight a straight up JK2'er out the box!

I have a ton of WC III tips. I used to go by Son_of_Calypso on the Beta with a laddered score of 171 wins and 45 loses. PvP only.

"zug, zug"

Humans suck.

Fruity Evles suck more!

Orcs kick ass.

Undead kicks even more ass!

"And this one time, in Bandit Camp."

Originally posted by Son of Calypso

I only play 1... I mean 2... umm, 3 ... uhhhh, 4 games!

Yea that's it!

Just to let you know I'm not speaking off topic this is JK2 related.

Right now I'm playing...

Battlefield 1942 (demo)- sweet game. Get's boring real fast having to play in single player, but this is gonna be a kick ass Online game. Watch Out CS! Battlefield is on the way.

Game Time: I played this the last 2 days and I don't see myself going back to it.

America's Army- Yeah, yeah... So the U.S. servers are a piece of **** and having to deal with being kicked off a server every now and then can be a bitch. But this game... OMG, this game! All I have to say is, Watch out Battlefield 1942! ;) America's Army is the best looking and most realistic FPS yet!

Game Time: I play this one about once a week for a few hours. There are just too many bugs, not enough maps and objectives in the game right nowfor me. So I lose interest.

WarCraft III- I already beat the game in single player. It took me about a week but it was fairly easy. The only trouble I had was on the very last mission. That one was a pain in the ass. No thanks to my Fruity Elves...heh.

Game Time: I played the hell out of this game Online when the Beta came out. Now I only play the CPU a few hours a day in 'Custom Games' to sharpen my skills. And let me just say the AI the so ****ing good in the Custom Games alot of people get turned off by it. Not that they are cheating. There is just no option to set the difficulty in Custom Games.

Jedi Knight 2- I love this game. Never have a picked up on such a natural talent of gamming in a game as I have with this one. I beat the single player game one time on each difficulty and I can't get enough Online. FFA/FF/SO is my gig.

Game Time: I play this game just as much as I do WarCraft III. A few hours a day Online. Getting kicked off about 1 server a day do to my DeViaNt (JK2 Name) style of playing, hahaha. Am I proud of that? Not really. I'm running out of servers at a rapid pace. BTW, I don't use cheats, scripts, or patches or mods. I'm straight a straight up JK2'er out the box!

I have a ton of WC III tips. I used to go by Son_of_Calypso on the Beta with a laddered score of 171 wins and 45 loses. PvP only.

"zug, zug"

Humans suck.

Fruity Evles suck more!

Orcs kick ass.

Undead kicks even more ass!

"And this one time, in Bandit Camp."

Hey buddy I was at level 12 with Human. They rock if you use them right. :)

Originally posted by Brandon Real

Hey buddy I was at level 12 with Human. They rock if you use them right. :)

i'm level 6..:p

the night elves are unbalanced in my opinion and most peoples opinion, but i have a new idea to try

the problem with night elves vrs humans is the damn huntresses can't be countered easily by any human unit until you get knights, but by that time they have nearly slaughtered your base.....

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

i'm level 6..:p

the night elves are unbalanced in my opinion and most peoples opinion, but i have a new idea to try

the problem with night elves vrs humans is the damn huntresses can't be countered easily by any human unit until you get knights, but by that time they have nearly slaughtered your base.....

Make sure you're upgrading quickly, as well as expanding. I also like to keep two watch towers around my troops at home if i'm not creeping. The second you get a Keep, you should immeaditly upgrade to Castle to get your knights. Priests' healing and inner fire can be soo useful to.

Originally posted by Brandon Real

Make sure you're upgrading quickly, as well as expanding. I also like to keep two watch towers around my troops at home if i'm not creeping. The second you get a Keep, you should immeaditly upgrade to Castle to get your knights. Priests' healing and inner fire can be soo useful to.

the problem is that by the time you get to castle they'll have rushed you...i have to find the balance between training guys and upgrading..

Comparing Warcraft3 to JK2, at the cost of sounding cliche is like comparing apples and oranges. They're not even the same genre...

Probably the reason you're seeing fewer servers is because a lot of schools and colleges are starting to open up again after the summer vacation, it is August after all... People just don't have time anymore. Not saying it's because they're in class, but because they're getting ready for the schoolyear. For grammar schoolers it's their parents dragging them around WalMart, and Sears, JC Pennys, The Gap (shudder), and a bunch of other places looking for new materials, bookbags, clothes, etcs.

For college students it's applying for certain schedules if possible, applying for classes, working their asses off doing odd jobs to get the money to afford their new text books (text books are friggen expensive in colleges, especially in Ivy League colleges like the one I attended and got nowhere with the education I got from there. It's kind of hard to get a job when your resume says "Too Good, high risk for getting and taking a bigger job offer". Meanwhile the supposed bigger job offers never come because no big company wants to hire a mere scrub for a big paying position. And if you apply with such a company for a lower position you're overqualified and if you even get into the job at all your superiors deliberately hold you back because they're afraid of being preempted. Or they want to steal the credit for your work, and they can't steal your credit if you get promoted or relocated to other deparments...

So I reitterate Overall the whole workplace is a load of hogwash, expensive and prestigous college educations get you fewer jobs than small educations. Most places just care you were educated at all, they don't care if it was a community college or MIT! Meanwhile the good jobs want more years of experience than of education. Once saw a job that required 12 years experience programming in COBOL and FORTRAN... What the hell? It takes like what 6 months in Programming Theory and 4 months to learn COBOL and FORTRAN each... I mean think about it...

A computer without a FORTRAN interpretter is like a donkey without a bus. (If you're not an oldschool geek you won't get it)

Archived