Home

Getting to know each other

Com Raven

Joined when I was 13, enjoyed this community ever since.

Name: Alex Ye

Interests: IR, Writing

Favorite Music: John Powell, John Williams, Jack Wall, Martin O'Donnell, Hans Zimmer (not as much as the others though), and sometimes Ronald Jenkees and Blackmill

Favorite Movies: Good Will Hunting, The Godfather, The Lord of the Rings films (excluding the recent Hobbit film), Original Star Wars Trilogy, Bourne Series, The Dark Knight Series

Favorite Games: KotOR, KotOR II, Mass Effect, Mass Effect II

Hobbies: Film, IR, writing (haven't gamed in a while)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Name: Not sayin'

Sex: Male

Current Age: 16

Interests: Gaming, Anime & Manga, Fooling around on the internet, Used to fool around with LEGO until about 13 or 14, Listening to Music (Media library mostly full of OSTs)

Favorite games: KOTOR & TSL, Mass Effect Trilogy, Halo Series, Borderlands 2, BioShock games, Fallout: New Vegas, Portal games, Half-Life games.

Pets: 2 Cats, 1 Dog

Personality: Lazy, possibly boring?

Languages: English, learned French for 8 years (Got tired of learning it)

Embarrassing fact: Stepped in dog **** barefoot...

My face when that happened

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
remiq.net_9522.jpg?1318349037

There's not much to say about me. I've been through some things here and there, oddly I've never broken a bone in my body, okay person. Felt sorta like an outcast/exile. Was sorta the quiet kid in the class.

The 2 cats I have are of Ragdoll breed, and were the only that survived the litter and have some disabilities. The Brother has neurological problems but he's fine, and his Sister was born with NO EYES... though, her hearing is remarkable. (Can track a tiny MOTH) If you wanna see a pic of them, just say so in the thread.

Injury:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Currently, I have a nasty infected ingrown toe-nail cause I was an idiot and clipped one side wrong... :/ *reeeally* should go see a doc about that...

• 3 months later...

Well ain't it always the way. I get all excited about something and join a forum only to find it was popular back in the day, but here goes anyway! I just discovered KOTOR while confined to bed and having lost the use of my right hand to a pit bull: the game is a godsend as I could play it efficiently using only my left, and I can turn all the options up on my 2008 17" buisness notebook. I downloaded a ton of mods after my first time and started fiddling with KotorTool. Currently on Tatooine on my second playthrough.

Race: Naw, I'm a conservative rider. I mean, anything above 30 is like whoa.

Job: You don't need to know my occupation.

Hobbies: survival, insanity, mopeds, Jesus, hiking

Well ain't it always the way. I get all excited about something and join a forum only to find it was popular back in the day, but here goes anyway! I just discovered KOTOR while confined to bed and having lost the use of my right hand to a pit bull: the game is a godsend as I could play it efficiently using only my left, and I can turn all the options up on my 2008 17" buisness notebook. I downloaded a ton of mods after my first time and started fiddling with KotorTool. Currently on Tatooine.....

For a second there I had a jaw dropping moment when I totally misread part of your post. I thought the dog had consumed your right hand!

Anyway, sorry to hear about your hand (glad you still got it, though :p) and welcome to the forums, Lee Starcrowe.

• 4 months later...

I presume this is still a thread for introductions?

This is my introduction. I like Star Wars, many video games by LucasArts, and many other video games in general. I also have a multitude of other unrelated hobbies and pastimes. If you ever want to talk on the subject, hit me up, because I'm fiending to talk to some like-minded fans and would appreciate your consideration.

Hobbies: motorcycles, ATV riding, shooting, video games on consoles and PC, surfing the Internet, online gaming, malicious trolling, listening to a diverse array of music, Skyping with friends, reading contemporary and classic literature.

Favorite games: Knights of the Old Republic series, Empire at War series, Republic Commando, Jedi Knight II and III, Dark Forces, Battlefront series, (soon) The Old Republic, and some PS3 games, such as Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, and the BioShock series, but this isn't the place to discuss those. Hit me up if you ever want to exchange PS3 handles. I'll be pleased to oblige.

• 1 year later...

So yeah, it's me. The reports of my untimely demise... blah blah blah.

Figured this was as good a place as any to pop in and say, "I'm back!", although perhaps, given the theme around here, "I have returned!" might be slightly more appropriate. ;)

In any case, figured I'd say hello, and while I was at it, see if anyone's still monitoring this channel, as like most places, the majority of the dates are a bit... well, dated.

Oh, and for any of the 'younglings' who are all probably going, "who the hell is this person??" A recap of sorts, or whatever have you. Headings blatantly copied from someone else's info...

Name: Antonia, but call me Toni if you're gonna use that.

Sex: Yes please? Oh, wait.. Female. I meant female. Really... :ang2:

Current Age: Ha. Haha.. Hahahaha! Er, no. Let's just say "old enough" and leave it at that. ;)

Interests: Gaming, Anime , Netflix, Music, Coding, Reading, Driving, more music, stuff I can't say without being slapped by a moderator, pen and paper gaming, miniature painting, camping, hiking, world travel (ask me where - too many places to list here), boating, SCUBA diving, um... hell. Let's face it. I like lots of stuff. If I haven't listed it, it's probable I either just haven't gotten around to trying it yet, or I forgot about it for the moment. :p

Favorite games: This is a really hard one. There's a lot of good ones, and I've been at it for a very long time. Some that hit the list for sure though would obviously include the KotOR games, also Fallout 1 & 2, the OLD XCOM games, 7th Guest, the Nancy Drew series (hey, I love mysteries, and decent mystery games aren't exactly in great supply, so meh), Hitman series (though I haven't even loaded Absolution yet), Red Dead Redemption (man that's a fun romp), GTA series (mainly 3 and Vice City, but all have been fun), Arkham games (though I didn't care for Origins as much as the first two, and once again, haven't even gotten to the "new" one yet...) Ah hell, this is another category I could go on and on and on with. There's a lot, and I like them for different reasons. Choosing real favorites is tricky. :p

Occupation: I do stuff. Ask me for a quote. (Also been called a general contractor at times, but my way sounds more fun.)

Pets: Formerly, just about everything at one time or another. Currently 1 daughter (hey, she qualifies), and our 3 cats. We refer to them affectionately as "Sid" (which is the only one of them we usually use his actual name for), "Fatty" and "Crazy".

Personality: Hmm.. being as I only copied this little "form letter", I wasn't really prepared for that. Honestly, I think other people's description of our traits and personality are generally more accurate than our own, but let's say "verbose" is probably fair... I'd probably also go with analytical, introspective, sometimes combative (I love a good debate), and more often than not, generally playful and fun-loving. Anything else, you guys tell me. :p

Languages: As Bruce Willis once said, "English, and bad English". Though I've picked up tiny bits of lots of languages (German, French, Russian, Japanese, Spanish...) but sadly, none of them worth even enough to usually hold a basic conversation. I'm working on it, but life gets busy, and I have no natural linguistic talents, so progress is... rather poor.

Now as for the *other* kind of languages... Fair background in basic (several varieties), as well as C/C++ (though it's been a while since I used any of them seriously), I've worked relatively successfully in tons of small projects using various scripting languages (NWScript, Python, Perl, Java, probably others) -usually when no one made a mod for a game I wanted, so I hacked one myself. Though I'm by no means "fluent" in most of those, in general, if I can lay hands on even rudimentary docs and maybe a snippet or three of source to look at before I start, I can usually make them do what I want at least. :)

Embarrassing fact: Hmm. Another good one, though sadly, again, most anything I can come up with that actually caused me real embarrassment probably isn't appropriate on this open forum either. If you just can't stand my not really answering this question, you know how to find my PM box. :lol:

Meh. Good enough for now. As said above, if I missed something important, gimme a jab in the ribs (PM Box) and we'll see what we can do.

-Kitt

Archived