Home

Getting to know each other

Com Raven

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I should formally introduce myself. Popping out of nowhere and posting seems rather rude ^.^

Name: (I am True_Avery here and that is all that I will respond to! :p)

Age: I forgot after the first like... few hundred years.

Height: 5'11" or around there. Yes, I am tall girl. I crush you!

Occupation: Procrastinator, writer, 3D Modeler. The three don't go hand in hand very well.

Religion: I really don't care at all. Make your own belief system I say!

Favorite Music: You can have a favorite single type? Wow.

Favorite Video Games: KOTOR 1 & 2 mostly. Old hardcore player of WoW and a few MMOs, but I quit that scene to save myself.

Favorite Website: Wookiepedia, RadioBlogClub, Deviantart, and this Forum atm.

Hello, all. I am relatively new to these forums, but i just found this topic.

Name: I am Lord Spitfire, Lord of the Sith, and Master of the Jedi, and one with the unique ablity to spit fire.

Height: 5'9

Religion: I am Hindu.

Favorite Singer: Will Smith/ Akon/ Eminem

Favorite Movie: Ghost Rider

Favorite Song: Gangsta Bop

Special Power: Spitting fire, and Force drain, and Force heal.

Yeah Mine too. Check my DMC video. I make this just from the inside video, because my computer too slow for record the game play, but I think it is quite good

The song is: Korn:Did my time

here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7WMoALrb6M

*points at sig*

If you an master it, Royal Guard is the best style out there, you can do incredible damage but you just need to release it at the right time...After that I would say Trickster is the coolest, if not only for teleports/dash + close up shotty = pwnage!

I still prefer playing with Vergil though, Summoned Swords spam + whatever melee combo you can think of = Uber Pwnage!

Hello to all the newbies btw!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure why not.

Name: Simon

Hobbies: Sarcasm, Games, Music.

Favourite Music: Rammstein pretty much.

Favourite Games: KotOR series, Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 1942, International Cricket Captain 2006 Ashes Edition, Bait Flash games

Most Awaited Games: Force Unleashed, Kotor III [if it's coming], Pro Evolution Soccer 7, International Cricket Captain 2007 [updated graphics plz :)] and stuff.

I don't know why but I never noticed this thread!:o I'm not technically new, but what the hey!;)

Name: Bee Hoon is an acceptable nickname:) My Chinese name has been mangled by many, so let's not go there.

Location: Malaysia, Land of the Hornbill and lots of different people and dumb politicians! Oh wait, they've got those everywhere:p (visit Malaysia this year! They've got all sorts of gimmicky touristy stuff going on:p)

Height: 5'7", don't know why you'd wanna know:)

Hobbies: Reading, KotOR 1 and 2 (in Malay, kotor=dirty -.-'''), a bunch of other games, drawing ghastly drawings that shouldn't be called drawings and singing out of tune!

Favourites Books, Movies, etc: Made too many overly long lists on too many Friendster/ Facebook things.

Yes, you're no longer a noob, Bee Hoon, but I for one won't hold that against you. ;)

Hobbies: Reading, KotOR 1 and 2 (in Malay, kotor=dirty -.-'''), a bunch of other games, drawing ghastly drawings that shouldn't be called drawings and singing out of tune!
Interesting. So you're saying KotOR is a bad word in Malaysia? If that is the case then pray tell in what language. My curiosity has gotten the best of me on this one. :D

Name: Bee Hoon is an acceptable nickname My Chinese name has been mangled by many, so let's not go there.
I can see how English speakers would mangle its spoken form but if you provide the pinyinzation of your name it just becomes a matter of spelling it correctly, right? For example, my Chinese name is Guong Zu. If I use Yale pinyin then it's Gwang Dzu.

Thanks:) Well, I'm quite n00b to never have noticed this thread?:p

It literally means dirty in Malay (which is a language! Hehe)! As in covered with mud/dust/whatever.

Lol, all the "Y"s in it seem to throw people off:) And my pinyin name isn't actually the Mandarin version which would be run or roon, it's the Anglicization (spelling, oops) of the Hakka word.

It literally means dirty in Malay (which is a language! Hehe)! As in covered with mud/dust/whatever.
I see. You did say that it was Malay in your first post but I somehow missed that. Guess I'm still waking up. :p

Lol, all the "Y"s in it seem to throw people off:) And my pinyin name isn't actually the Mandarin version which would be run or roon, it's the Anglicization (spelling, oops) of the Hakka word.
Ah. Hmmm. Uhhh. OK, whatever you say. I lost you after roon. ;) So how many languages do you speak/write and what language do you consider to be your native language?

Hehe, I consider English my first language. Never really got around to learning Mandarin (terrible, I know), so my spoken Mandarin is very limited, written is worse. I also can speak and understand basic Cantonese and Hakka, but since I picked up the Cantonese watching Hong Kong soapies there's a disproportionate amount of soppy vocab in there. I can speak and read Malay because it's a compulsory subject, plus it's a lot easier in Malaysia if you know Malay as there's still a lot of the older generation who can't speak English.

Hey, you haven't told me anything bout yourself!:)

Indeed. Welcome to LucasForums, simon92! :wavey:

You're familiar with quite a few languages, Bee Hoon. I have a hard enough time with English and Chinese. I try to keep rudimentary skills in Spanish but most of the time it comes out in Chinese. :giveup: I wonder what it would be like to grow up in a country that has compulsory classes in more than one language. America is so English-centric sometimes. It's not that I don't think that English should be the official language in America but that more effort should be spent on learning other languages.

Hey, you haven't told me anything bout yourself!:)
What do you mean I haven't told you anything about myself? I told you what my name in Mandarin Chinese is. I think that is the first time I've posted that personal tidbit on LF. :D

Hi HerbieZ!:)

Char Ell, I have a hard time with Mandarin and the other dialects as well. There was this time that I mixed multiple dialects in a single sentence:p Familiarity is not proficiency, unfortunately. Living in a less English-obsessed country is good in a way, but spoken Malay is very different from written Malay! Hehe, I'll return the compliment. Yee Yoon, if you can pronounce it;)

Archived