Home

Getting to know each other

Com Raven

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Sam

Hobbies: gaming,reading, writing, anything that can keep me entertained.

Favorite Music: Hawk Nelson, After Midnight Project, Fight Fair, Amber Pacific, Mayday Parade

Favourite Games: Knights of the Old Republic, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Medal of Honor: Airborn.

Relationship Status: Seeing someone.

-really misses his old account on here...-

Name: Avril (A.k.a. Krista <--Real Name)

Bio: I'm 17, I live in California near Sacramento but I was born in Canada. I love to be crazy and creative, I LOVE MUSIC ITS MY LIFE, I'm a bit on the tomboyish side... which people say is cute. :p I love to hang with friends and I'm just a laid back person. I play the guitar, I wanna learn to play the piano, and I sing and as a matter of fact I'm the lead singer for the band "Sinful" and we plan on going for a record deal. Now yes... before you ask... yup.. I do look like Avril Lavigne and sound like her too... thats how I got my nick name and from there on it kinda stuck... my brother used to hate it when he was alive cause in real life Avril Lavigne's brother is named Matthew too so they used to call him "Matt Lavigne." :p So thats my life in in a nutshell. ;)

Hobbies: Music, art, being creative, skateboarding, anime

Favourite Music: I'll only list a couple... Avril Lavigne (go figure :p ), Emilie Autumn, Evanescence, Slipknot, Disturbed, Rammstien, DHT, Fright Ranger, Paramore, Flyleaf, ect.

Favourite Games: KotOR series, Halo series.

Most Awaited Games: The Old Republic and the 4th Halo Installment (It'll happen. ;) )

I cant believe I haven't done this before:

Name: Thomas Wedge (yes Wedge is really my surname)

Occupation: None (atm) but studying part time Combined Honours Degree in Computer Science and Information Systems.

Hobbies: Playing computer games, Modding games by texturing and modeling (UT2004, Star Trek Legacy, KoToR), finding ways to make my PDA more useful. Recently got an interest in Lightsaber Choreography.

Favorite Music: Anything that catches my interest, Final Fantasy OST's (except X-2)

Favourite Games: Knights of the Old Republic, Metal Gear Solid Series, Final Fantasy Series, Shin Megami Tensei Series.

Most Awaited Game: The Old Republic, Final Fantasy XIII

Name: Avril (A.k.a. Krista <--Real Name)

Favourite Music: I'll only list a couple... Avril Lavigne (go figure :p ), Emilie Autumn, Evanescence, Slipknot, Disturbed, Rammstien, DHT, Fright Ranger, Paramore, Flyleaf, ect.

Woot! Another Evenescence fan!! RedJohnnyMike introduced me to Skillet (one of their former band members goes to our church--no kidding), stoffe got me hooked on Within Temptation, playing Vampire introduced me to Lacuna Coil, and stingerhs linked me to Red and Disciple--you might like them if you haven't heard their stuff yet.

Welcome to everyone!

Woot! Another Evenescence fan!! RedJohnnyMike introduced me to Skillet (one of their former band members goes to our church--no kidding), stoffe got me hooked on Within Temptation, playing Vampire introduced me to Lacuna Coil, and stingerhs linked me to Red and Disciple--you might like them if you haven't heard their stuff yet.

Hmm, some other Symphonic/Gothic metal bands you might appreciate: Xandria, Tristania, After Forever, Darkwell, Elis and of course, Nightwish.

Name: Hawk Armstrong(first name is Sawyer, I don't use it much)

I've been wondering around here for some time now. I just don't post that much.

I love to ride bike and listen to music. I listen to a very wide genre a music. Anywhere from the 1950s all the way up to the 1990s. No rap. At all. And no disco.....The 70s just needed help ok! And some of the 80s was kinda weird. But other then that we're good. I don't listen to much of any music they make today, it sucks and needs help.

When I say I love to ride bike I mean it. I rode 1410 miles last summer between memorial day weekend and labor day weekend for a summer long contest within my boy scout troop.

People say I'm very mature, and I am. But that is the only time I'll say it.

I want to go to school to be a mechanic. I love working on things.

Welcome to the boards Krista! :)

I take it you *do* know about Halo:ODST? In spirit its Halo 4.

And I love Avril Lavigne

Lol... actually nope. I don't follow games much to tell the truth.:p

And it looks like you've got your resident Ms. Lavigne lookalike right here. :p

Welcome to everyone!

I'm a HUGE evanescence fan, I love their work and Amy Lee's voice is just amazing. Skillet is awesome too, whispers in the dark happens to be one of my favorites of theirs.

Evenescence isn't that bad......Well a couple of their songs are ok...Not all of them though....Sorry Jae and Lady Revan. lol

O.O You should be beaten severely for that. :p Lol.

Welcome to everyone!

Evenescence has some really good songs >>>>>>>>>Bring me to Life

Skillet is a great band....same with Within Temptation, and same with Red and Disciple. I also like Linkin Park and Disturbed....

After the pod cast I can almost hear Jae singing along in all her screamo/mosh filled glory.

:lol: Of course :lol:

Oh and welcome to everyone that is new!

• 1 month later...

Hey people, I finally made an account here(after 3 years of thinking why should I.lol) due to the soon closure of the filefront...

Anyway, post if you know me :)

P.S.-This thread doesn't break the rules, does it? xD

No worries! I just merged it with the 'Getting to know each other' thread.

Welcome to Lucasforums!! --Jae

Hmm, some other Symphonic/Gothic metal bands you might appreciate: Xandria, Tristania, After Forever, Darkwell, Elis and of course, Nightwish.

Therion also has some good ones. ;)

I'll have to check them all out--thanks for the suggestions, guys! I did pick up a Nightwish CD a couple months back--she has an impressive voice.

Ewwww... now I have to break my friendship with you, Jae :xp:

_EW_

Evenescence isn't that bad......Well a couple of their songs are ok...Not all of them though....Sorry Jae and Lady Revan. lol

You guys are sad, sad people. ;P

I'm a HUGE evanescence fan, I love their work and Amy Lee's voice is just amazing. Skillet is awesome too, whispers in the dark happens to be one of my favorites of theirs.

I like her voice a lot, though I think Celine Dion and Mariah Carey have much wider ranges. Still, she's a lot of fun to sing with.

After the pod cast I can almost hear Jae singing along in all her screamo/mosh filled glory.
And I can hold that end note on Bring me to life longer than Amy Lee can, thank you very much. I hope they get the song on Rock Band because I will so kick that song's butt. :lol: My singing voice is very different from my speaking voice--I talk at the bottom of my range, but I sing soprano, so Lee's voice is right in my range with no problem.

Evenescence has some really good songs

Skillet is a great band....same with Within Temptation, and same with Red and Disciple. I also like Linkin Park and Disturbed....

I like some of Disciple's stuff but they get a little too screamy for me at times, as does Linkin Park, unless I've just listened to the wrong songs. If I want to get screamed at for an hour, I can just call my mother and get all the screaming I want for free, so I prefer that screaming not be a major part of the music. I haven't listened to Disturbed before so I'll check them out too. Red can get screamy in parts, but they don't scream out the entire song, and it 'fits' with the theme of the song when they do use it, so it works for me.

Thanks for all the music tips everyone!

Welcome to all our new members, too!!

Archived