Home

Unbalanced Servers????

Floydian

The other night, I was playing on a Duel match. One particular person was absolutely owning people. It seemed like I was getting hit for major damage when I wasn't even close to this player. Then, they would do a DFA or something, that I would dodge. I would run up and wail on them while they're still recovering, and would not score any damage.

Maybe is was just my imagination, but I have heard of glitches that seem to favor certain players (I'm not talking about cheats). Anyone else notice this problem from time to time?

With the number of available console commands, it's entirely possible that that server had tweaked some of the generic settings. I have no MODs installed, so that cannot explain it.

Like I said, it may have just been my imagination, but I can't stop thinking about it. I certainly don't claim to be a *great* player of this game, but somewhat average...Just tell me that I'm NOT crazy.

Your not crazy, I feel the same way sometimes. That red stance swing reaches alot farther than I think it would. Plus hasn't the blocking been upped alot with the patches. I've heard alot of complaints about blocking being too high. I'm not sure about after a DFA. I feel sometimes, though that not matter how much I hit someone they get no damage, and then I get 50 damage with one hit. I don't know.

Well if you ask me, ever since 1.03 came out blocking has been far too effective. Back in the good old days of 1.02, if you hit someone, and they yelled, they were hurting!

Nowadays, they yell even if they've only taken 1 hp of physical damage, or worse yet 1 hp of shield damage!

Jade

What Jade says is true: The screaming and damage aren't related in any way.

And when you attempt to strike a guy recovering from a DFA, the brilliant hit-detection will often register your saberslash as a block, even though he was digging his saber in the ground, and you hit him in the back. Weirdness.

It's the same thing for trying to strike a guy lunging or doing a yellow special: They'll block for no apparent reason even though they should have no chance of doing it since they're in the middle of a swing.

And don't get me started on how the hit-detection manages to register a clean hit in the belly as merely 1hp damage.

Ya, I've already got 1.04....If you're playing on a server that has 1.03, and you have 1.04, what wins?

I assume that you are at 1.03 because certain servers allow me to do moves that others do not. How can I tell what version a server is running?

Archived