Home

"CC is arguably the worst expansion ever". A PC Games Magazine

Compa_Mighty

Guest DarthMaulUK

That review was probably by a magazine whose staff couldn't play the game.

I believe that Clone Campaigns is one of the best expansion packs out there. It improves Galactic Battlegrounds so much as a game and actually starts to make the game feel more 'star wars'.

Crappy x-pacs that spring to mind are anything to do with The Sims. Perhaps the worlds worse game but clever marketing from EA have made it a true winner in terms of sales.

DMUK

I very much disagree. When you get an x-pac that add's two new teams/civs, two whole new campaigns (although they should've added another bonus mission) and new tech's and unit's that alter the dynamics of the game, i don't see how it could rate as the 'worst expansion pack ever'.

Worst expansion ever? Not even close.

Try these beauties:

1. Half Life: Blue Shift ($50 Aus for another 5 hours of single-player Half-life).

2. Die By the Sword expansion (So ridiculously hard I couldn't get past the first enemy, despite finishing the original all the way to the end).

3. Elite Force Expansion (Like a very poor mod - is there anyone out there that really wants to play a FPS based on the adventures of Captain Proton???)

Probably more, but those are the ones I can think of for the moment.

Yeah, some of these game reviewers are clowns......they are the 'General Veers' of the gaming community :) Slightly off-topic, but Mysteries of the Sith for Jedi Knight was a great expansion. There was nothing wrong with CC either, I thought it was a great game. The old argument used to be that you'd read a review to see if the game was worth buying, but in my case I usually know which games I want anyway......

Horrible X Packs:

Civ3 PTW: Even though it's not out yet, it adds MP and other features that should have been in the game from the start.

SC3KU: Wow, there's European buildings, and Asian buildings, and you can actually add trees to lawns in the Building tool. Once again, $40 for things that should have been in the original.

Also I have HL:Blueshift, and it is so buggy that the flashlight doesn't even work correctly.

And the Sims X-Packs are all crap, pay $40 and you get a few more objects, including a heart bed for the sims to "play" in. For about $50 more you can take your Sims on dates and vacations. Lame.

I would buy CC over any of these.

Originally posted by memezcom

Yeah, some of these game reviewers are clowns......they are the 'General Veers' of the gaming community :) Slightly off-topic, but Mysteries of the Sith for Jedi Knight was a great expansion.

Hey now! General Veers is cool. You must be thinking of Ossil... :)

Speaking of Jedi Knight, I meant to go back and finish it (didn't get it until shortly before I bought GB). Now if I can only remember where I put it...

Kryllith

Archived