Home

Screw the SO servers, I want guns!

K_Kinnison

is it me, or are a majority of the players that complain SO players?

I tried a SO server... and it was stupid. i don't know if any "skill" was involved, it seemed to me that the top scoring players are the ones that did pull backswings, or backstabs. or DFAs and that is all they did.

now, i primaily enjoy FF, guns servers because you find those kind of people, and guess what? msot of the tie i can sniper them right when they are DFA or Backstabbing...it is great. If forcesthem to do something else.

also there is so much variety. invloded, tha every game is so differant.

besides, the game has 9 other weapons to use (if you include the stunner) why buy a game and not use all of it?

if you find me, my game name is *Merc* Kinnison. *Merc* is jsut a title like SC or ASC. Only we don't play wiht any rules except use guns, and kill people with sabers (when we can find them) :)

Well, I just think the weapons are plain boring compared to the lightsaber - the saberfights is why I bought this game.

If ya wanna use those "new and exciting" weapons (flak-cannon, sniper, rocketlauncher and grenades are all standard weapons in a shooter nowadays), then go ahead, but I think the saber is alot more exciting.

But I agree completely that So FFA/CTF serves are.... lame, to say the least - unless there's damagescale 2/3/4 on which makes it a lot more fun.

Yeah, for those FFA-players, use the damn weapons...

BTW, I am a duelist first and foremost because it's what I find most fun simply. Others may disagree.

I couldn't agree more Jais!

I um... bought this game because I love sword fighting! If there was another game out there that was based on no force/magic sword fighting I'd be there!

But since I haven't seen/heard of any, this is the next best thing.

(Plus light sabers look really cool)

Jade

Originally posted by K_Kinnison

is it me, or are a majority of the players that complain SO players?

I tried a SO server... and it was stupid. i don't know if any "skill" was involved, it seemed to me that the top scoring players are the ones that did pull backswings, or backstabs. or DFAs and that is all they did.

also there is so much variety. invloded, tha every game is so differant.

/B]

There is definitely no skill involved with using guns. With most of them, aim in the general direction and you could get a kill or two, especially in a crowded, chaotic FFA where all the players are doing exactly what you said, pulls and DFA's. I can't tell you how many times I've had good battles going with someone, and some prick with a gun comes and blasts us both. Funny to you maybe, but irritating to me, so therefore, I odn't play on gun servers.

I bought the game for the saber, not the guns. There is plenty of other games to choose from if thats the kind of battles you wanna have.

Variety in gun games? Umm, how do you figure? Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot. At least with a saber, there's no telling how you or your opponent might die. DFA? Yellow DFA? Pull-BS? Kick? Grip off ledge? Push off ledge? Lunge? and well...Just plain old regular saber swipes!!!????

Also, in an FFA, you have the option of dueling. On the server that I regularly play on, which is down right now (boohoo), we head to the pad on bespin for duels, and ppl wait there turn. YOu have the best of both worlds. Dueling and FFA, you decide what you want to get into.

Dueling, if you lose, is boring to sit and wait. Umm, can you say, kronic breaks?

Actually guns DO take skill (save the alt fire from flecette and less-so the repeater).

In a FFA enviroment, why someone would use sabers is beyond me. I play saber/gun FFA's and it doesnt kill saber combat, on average i get like 30% of my kills with a saber. What makes JO unique is saber/ gun confrontations, which is why i play it more than other games like UT or CS.

What i really hate is when people join a GUN server and complain. Fist of all there are at least 4 SO servers for every gun so there isnt a lack of SO servers. Second if you think guns are for "wusses" and "people without skill" don't play this server. You don't see gunners joining SO servers and taunting all those with sabers.

I find that constant SO can get stale, and that guns can really liven up gameplay

I guess it just comes down to your preference and what you prefer. To me, guns are lame. To you, they are cool. To me, saber is cool and NEVER gets stale. To you, saber gets boring.

That's why its a good game, because it accomodates everyone's interests. Geez, you got force powers, a lightsaber, and a variety of guns at your disposal. What more do you need for a FPS?

Ok, I like to play on FFA's sometimes, but duels are what I prefer. As for guns, there is maybe a little skill. Aiming is good :D

But anyway, I thought that SW was based on Jedi and lightsabers? (am I wrong) and why did you buy the game, to shoot people with guns?

I don't understand why people complain about this game when it comes to lightsabers, IT'S STAR WARS :mad:

my .02, for what its worth...

Peace:shads2:

I find sabre only boring, too, so it's just a matter of opinion.

I do get ticked off at people who come to a guns FFA server and bitch about people using guns. If you don't like it, go to a sabre only server (they outnumber gun servers anyway) and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

For me, I'll use the sabre when I feel like it, and my guns when I feel like it, and my force lightning when I feel like it. Don't like it? Then pull out a gun when I switch to sabre, or force pull when I switch to guns, or force absorb when I start lightning.

And for those people who complain about being in duels and getting fragged by guns, then DO A "K" DUEL! And if "K" duels aren't enabled on the server, either suck it up and live with it, or go find a duel server.

It never ceases to amaze me the morons who join a FFA server and then gripe about getting killed while trying to DUEL. Give me a break.

- The Laughing Bitch

One thing that is driving me insane is this, "It's star wars, its star wars!" For all you junkie star wars fans out there, save it. I'm sick of hearing about how luke never did this, vader never did that. It's a game, not a movie.

Now, just for the record and I don't know if this is needed for clarification or not, but I NEVER bitch when I'm playing. The only time I let out some griping and moaning is when i see someobdy scripting moves. Then I begin to rant because I believe that's cheating.

Anyhow, you're right. You're on a guns server, don't bitch when get blown up. I don't, but I do get irritated when I'm fighting, not k dueling, with somebody and we get blown up by a gun wielding ass. LOL

AIM is the ONLY skill you need for guns. If you can't aim, then you shouldn't be playing games at all. So, no, it requires less skill than sabers.

now i agree, my saber skills are not that great. But i really dont see much "skill" with JO saber fighting. I am a martial artist, and the way you spar, is create a perfect defense. as your opponnets skill goes up, that perfet defense becomes harder and harder to create. often in sword fighting you need to fient, and try to find someway to expose your oppoent for that killing blow. Except for unblockable attacks nothing like that exists in JO, and ruins the game for me.

Now i have found a new love, not CTF, not FFA, but Jedi Master. it has actaulyl forces me to increase my sabers skills. and for me, it truely feels like star wars.

The only time you ever see Saber vs saber battles is in duels. Which leads me to think that duels are the only thing that shouldbe saber only.... but the game designers deided to try and please everyone.

now, i went and did a quick check of servers.

Alsmot all the duel servers were saber only.. fine with me

alsmot all the CTF servers were guns

and it was a 50/50 split on the FFA servers.

so if you like duels, i have no prob with you enjoying saber only. so this does not apply to you, it applies to FFA and CTF.

besdies, there are not that many efective weapons on duel maps besides the saber :)

now i agree, my saber skills are not that great. But i really dont see much "skill" with JO saber fighting. I am a martial artist, and the way you spar, is create a perfect defense. as your opponnets skill goes up, that perfet defense becomes harder and harder to create. often in sword fighting you need to fient, and try to find someway to expose your oppoent for that killing blow. Except for unblockable attacks nothing like that exists in JO, and ruins the game for me.

Now i have found a new love, not CTF, not FFA, but Jedi Master. it has actaulyl forces me to increase my sabers skills. and for me, it truely feels like star wars.

The only time you ever see Saber vs saber battles is in duels. Which leads me to think that duels are the only thing that shouldbe saber only.... but the game designers deided to try and please everyone.

now, i went and did a quick check of servers.

Alsmot all the duel servers were saber only.. fine with me

alsmot all the CTF servers were guns

and it was a 50/50 split on the FFA servers.

so if you like duels, i have no prob with you enjoying saber only. so this does not apply to you, it applies to FFA and CTF.

besdies, there are not that many efective weapons on duel maps besides the saber :)

Now, I agree completely with what you said except:

You *can* make fients I reckon, for example, by luring your opponent into doing a yellow special or DFA. Instant, free hit.

Another way is to make him do a headless blue or red attack.

Yet another way is to try to make him kick, sidestep, kick *him* or slash him.

Or, make him do a lunge, then kick him or slash him. Many possibilities.

Give the saber a chance man, there's many ways to fight with it, and it's not just hack 'n slash all the way.

Sabers are fine for duels, but for FFA you have the choice of chaseing people down, hit them for horible damage (unless the saber damage scale is up) Or hope to get a kill with a DFA into a crowd. Also stealing kills is easy in SO FFA's. I'd rather use guns to make sure i get kills and more of a ratio than 1 per 5 minuites (too bad JO doesnt have FPH :()

And i still use the saber to get kills in FFA's, it's still the #1 melee weapon, Save baton for twins...

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Sabers are fine for duels, but for FFA you have the choice of chaseing people down, hit them for horible damage (unless the saber damage scale is up) Or hope to get a kill with a DFA into a crowd. Also stealing kills is easy in SO FFA's. I'd rather use guns to make sure i get kills and more of a ratio than 1 per 5 minuites (too bad JO doesnt have FPH :()

And i still use the saber to get kills in FFA's, it's still the #1 melee weapon, Save baton for twins...

hehe, the stun baton isn't powerful, but it sure is fun to use:)

and i agree, in FFA's i prefer having weapons available so that people don't steal my kills

...can you say trip mines (second function into a crowd) and det packs (when somebody chases you down a hallway [also works well putting it on top of a weapon when you hear somebody walking your way:D])

Some one should make a mod for the stun baton.

New Moves:

Back stun: Fast, move that will stun a person from behind

Damage: 20pts

Stun from above: Character will do a flip in the air and will attack the other person while in a flip.

Damage: 30pts

Stun from forward above :): Charater will lunge forward and do a dowward stun

Damge: 40pts

Forward Stun Lunge: Charater will do a luge, stunning while lunging forward.

Damage: 25 pts

:D

Originally posted by teutonicknight

Some one should make a mod for the stun baton.

New Moves:

Back stun: Fast, move that will stun a person from behind

Damage: 20pts

Stun from above: Character will do a flip in the air and will attack the other person while in a flip.

Damage: 30pts

Stun from forward above :): Charater will lunge forward and do a dowward stun

Damge: 40pts

Forward Stun Lunge: Charater will do a luge, stunning while lunging forward.

Damage: 25 pts

:D

Hellooooooooooooo!!! This is Earth calling teutonicknight!!! Please respond. We seem to have lost touch with teutonicknight recently, anyone know what he's up to? :p

Well, you can stun my behind with those changes...

Archived