Home

Red special move REMOVED?

zworqy

hEHE, Death From Above is the name that move has been called from the very start. It's still in there, but maybe it's slightly harder to perform now I don't know. I have no problems doing it. Maybe you should just practice intil you have it. Same way as in 1.03. JediMod has nothing to do with this move :)

DFA = Strong Finisher.

it's exactly the same... and it IS the true DFA!!! (just by attribution, not necessarily by description, since yellow finisher is pretty much "death from above" now... someone pointed it out quite correctly that red DFA was called that ever since 1.02, where it was far more deadly, hence "death", and the "from above" refers to the blade coming down from overhead...)

it was in 1.02 because i remember being here in 1.02 and thinking what the #### is DFA?

and people were whining and whining and whining because they always died

so now you can't turn in it (either way was fine by me anyways)

now it is still DFA because if you get hit by it it does approximately 225 damage:D

both medium and heavy stance unique moves are technically a death from above, but its less confusing if we stick to calling the heavy stance unique death from above...after all it had the name first:)

Originally posted by druid

hEHE, Death From Above is the name that move has been called from the very start. It's still in there, but maybe it's slightly harder to perform now I don't know. I have no problems doing it. Maybe you should just practice intil you have it. Same way as in 1.03. JediMod has nothing to do with this move :)

DFA = Strong Finisher.

No, it's not my skill that's failing. I can do it a zillion times in a row in SP, which BTW still is 1.03.

Well I've had problems with it too....

Well, not really becasue I could never do a DFA anyway. I can do it in SP, I can't do it in MP....

I still don't understand the swing for a couple of sec. then forward jump......

I found of a way to do it thou, only It's very unreliable. Just mash the attack key, the jump key, and the forward key. Press all of the, at the same again and again. It does a DFA sooner of later..... :cool:

Actually the red DFA is very easy to perform but many people i think are saying it a little wrong (i.e; wait a second or so then do.......)Ill explain: In red do a slash (keep holding attack button) then when both hands grab the saber then press jump+forward (plus the attack key that u have been holding). U can do different kind of "combos". Example u do a backflip then right after the input of the backflip start a slash then perform rest of the move. (This is excellent against those enemys who are attacking head on). And like everybody says:Keep practising ! ! ! Hope i helped u out.:cool:

I'm not sure how you're doing it in singleplayer, but in multiplayer it hasn't changed from 1.03 to 1.04. The DFA is done in 2 parts: a partial swing, followed by the DFA keypress sequence. You do it this way:

For the first part, while in red press attack....when the swing is halfway done, you do the second part by pressing attack + forward + jump, as it is shown in the game manual.

The difference is the halfswing prior to executing the move. This is the part that was added in the first patch & has been here ever since.

Once you get the hang of it you can do it with different swings for the first part as well. You can do a strafing swing (left or right), & halfway through do the second part. You can also be moving in any direction while doing the first part, but I have noticed that if you're moving backwards you have to stop right before executing the second part or it will not work.

Have fun.

In SinglePlayer:

1. Wait until you grip the saber with both hands and points it straight up. You can stand still like this for as long as you wish, the rest of the move will still be possible to do.

2. Press Forward + Attack + Jump.

Thats it. Right from the manual. Peasy Easy.

As for MultiPlayer:

I haven't tried doing it with half a slash prior to the second part yet, maybe I'll do it later. But I don't see why it would work. Can you really "abort" a saber swing?

the "forward+attack+jump" is misleading...

Yes, you need to initiate the attack first...

STEP BY STEP GUIDE (Sorry, other ppl have already posted it quite clearly, but this is if all else fails...)

1. in Red (strong) stance, while standing still, press and hold ATTACK (remember to hold!)

2. you will observe yourself doing an overhead slash

3. when your hands meet (after about 1 or 2 seconds), still holding ATTACK, press FORWARD and JUMP simultaneously

4. you should observe yourself jumping forward and doing a DFA

5. the timing of this is exactly the same if you want to do a DFA from other Red stance moves, but it's easiest if you get a feel of the timing with the overhead slash first

6. repeat, rinse, repeat... congrats, you are now an expert at DFA!!! (now gotta try it on enemies to use it skilfully)

7. the timing is not very strict... you can initiate the FORWARD and JUMP at any time after the hands come together and before the end of the swing... it allows for flexible deception and DFA becomes deadly when your opponent doesn't suspect you are going to do one...

cheers,

Dave

PS. To those who have explained it already, I think you've made it clear enough how to DFA... But when I started learning DFA, it took some time to correctly understand it, so I think this guide would help...

I find that the side step and attack method is easier than the reg attack method.

With that said, I should probably tell you, I can do a DFA now :D

Here's what I do: (I took some suggestion from different people and made my own method)

1. Srafe and attack. Wait until the end of the attack when your characters hands are both touching the saber. A good tip: when you are in a closed space, such as that catwalk in the Hanger Bay map, just strafe left and right to avoid falling off.

2. Press Attack, Forward, Jump at the same time.

Instant DFA! :)

OK, now I can do it. They must have changed it in v1.04 or maybe even in 1.03 because i know i've done it like in SP before.

However, i don't do it exactly as described here. How I did it:

1. tap attack (DONT hold it)

2. wait (until saber points down your neck)

3. (tap) forward + HOLD attack + (tap) jump

Ta daaa!

Archived