Home

This is getting old. :/ (rant about spam)

|DEM|Mosleg

First it was pull-backstab spam, now it's the lunge spam. What's coming next? :confused:

I know some people think I'm retarded and stupid and just just can't handle the powers being used, but that's not the case. I don't mind getting my weapons ripped from my hands with force pull, or getting pushed/pulled off ledges with force push and/or pull, or even being kicked off ledges to fall to my doom. I'll just use obsorb if I don't want to get pulled off or lose my weapon. Or just move out of their way to keep from being kicked off.

Hell, me and a clanmember get on high ledges where it's possible to kick or push each other off the edge to make them fall to their doom and have kickfights and use force push to push them off when they fall. So the pushing/pulling/kicking isn't an issue to me.

Now to what I was going to ask. Has anyone else noticed people abusing and overusing some of the saber moves like the blue special (the lunge)? I thought you were supposed to fight in a duel/saber fight, but instead it's just jibberish spam lunge. ;/ It used to be CTF/FFA gameplay I hated, now it's dueling

Oh well, it's still a fun game and still my favorite shooting game to date (Quake 3: Arena at a close second, and narrowly Unreal Tournament third).

Just so everyone understands let me clearify what I just said. I have no problem with the force powers being used. Push/pull to push or pull someone off an edge to fall to their doom, or using kick to kick someone off an edge to fall to their doom, or using pull to pull your opponents weapon out of their hand. The thing I don't like is the spam lunge during dueling in duel servers.

Ahh, I feel better now. :)

I am not tired of the special move spammers... I am tired of the bloody morons who let themselves get killed by them! Some guy will stand of the edge of a group fighting and DFA the group... and everyone in the group pays no attention to him... they just fight... Sometimes on servers I get really annoyed when some fool says "You DFA whore... yada yada yada".... I think the spamming sucks, but the person spamming that crap from his mouth is even worse... JUST AVOID THE DAMN SPAMMERS AND TEACH THEM A LESSON FFS...

1. They DFA/lounge or whatever special they use

2. You sidestep/jump and give them a sideways kick.

3. repeat.

OR

1. They Spam

2. Use yellow stance and hit them

3. Repeat

This works everytime against these spammers. If there are many people spamming it's tough but just use saber throw and go only for the spammers... if everyone would just hunt these spammers down and kill them they would learn... because my God, killing them is too easy. But Noooo people just have to fight around like a bloody blind man and walk right into these spammers attacks.

|DEM|Mosleg the problem is that every one has a move that they just don't like in the game. You say you like the force powers but not the light lunge, but there are alot of people that can't stand most of the force powers. Personally I think the spammers are the easiest to kill, because they are very predictable. When I get killed by someone who spams a move like the lunge I know I wasn't paying enough attention and fight better the next time. If we lose powerful moves like the lunge than the duels will last for hours with no one getting any damage, and then the game will get boring very fast. I don't enjoy spamers so much but if you beat them enough they'll get the picture and start to give you a good fight.

Heh, lunge is pretty easy to dodge and on normal damage servers, pretty weak. Mostly used as a setup move or defense breaker. Spamming it just isn't really.. useful. And it's one of the easiest moves to avoid. Heh. I think kick spamming is a worse problem than lunge.

Yes the pull+kick script really is a problem if people decide to abuse it. There is one guy called "ILikeCheese...something" on the servers I play on... and he uses this trick constantly... Kick needs to be redone... lessen the damage and make the kicker vilnerable like when attacking... kick = no parry.

i think some crazed old man said it best when he said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHhHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

... and so on and so forth

Originally posted by ryudom

i think some crazed old man said it best when he said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHhHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

... and so on and so forth

That was so important I just had to quote it.

Don't have to crouch to lunge.

At least I don't do it, and dont' fight against anyone who does it. Even the lunge spammers don't crouch.

Because....

Wait for it....

Crouching would give it away!!! Yay!!! It's not gonna work if you see it coming.

Oh, and what annoys me about the spammers, isn't the fact that they kill me (not often, and it's usually due to me missing a dodge or counter-attack), is the fact that they just spam a move. A single move. Over and over. Ruins a duel for me, makes me not want to keep fighting, 'cause it isn't fun anymore.

Originally posted by Canis_Aureus

Yes the pull+kick script really is a problem if people decide to abuse it. There is one guy called "ILikeCheese...something" on the servers I play on... and he uses this trick constantly... Kick needs to be redone... lessen the damage and make the kicker vilnerable like when attacking... kick = no parry.

One thing to keep in mind, it's not always a script.

I pull/kick like a mother, and my accuracy/hit % is around 95%.

I don't script (I have enough friggen keys bound, I don't need more), but it may look like I do.

I have been doing this since I started FF dueling back in v1.03, I just got really good at it, and hence I use it a lot due to just about everything else being weakened in each patch that came out.

Actually, it does have a trade off, self inflicted damage.

I don't know how many times I have pulled someone to me only to take anywhere from 5-50+ damage from "saber bump" damage. I'm not sure why it is so high sometimes since they were not in any swing animation, but it is.

My sister and I on my server were practicing our purple and orange DFA moves (albeit badly... seems I can't do it unless someone is trying to teach me... the moment they stop watching I can't do it anymore lol) and so we were doing team FFA to help out with practice, no fun sparring if you die the moment someone executes a successful DFA right? This guy comes in and sees two blues and he's red so he starts doing the Red and Orange DFA on us to try to compensate for there being more... well we'd just take turns hitting him with Force Push and smacking him against the wall each time he tried... in the Matrix Sparring Program, it's kinda hard to do an arial move on someone and not hit a wall if they counter with force push... We smacked that guy around with Push so much it was rediculous, he didn't get it either... You can't spam an arial move when you someone's being a push monkey... Especially if they're a lowping push monkey...

We were both ping 0-1 (it fluctuated by a millisecond heh) thanks to our 100megabit lan and a third computer running a dedicated server. He just kept trying and trying and trying... I forgot the original name so I've created a random lamer name in place of the one he had that's just as pathetic as the one he had.

Syth Masta was thrown to his doom by Brina1

Syth Masta was thrown to his doom by Kimmie

Syth Masta was thrown to his doom by Kimmie

meanwhile he was trying to force drain us both when we had force absorb on at the same time so he was just fueling our pushes... and this was his response

Syth Masta says "Dammit, I can't use the force, I'm going somewhere else because this server is screwed up, the force isn't working here"

Friggen dumbass, what does he think the blue aura whenever he uses drain on us was about? Is he freaking colorblind or something, or just incredibly dense? concidering his persistance at spamming the red dfa, I'd go for the latter...

People do and will spam moves. Why, because of a few reasons.

1) They suck at this game and its the only thing they know how to do.

2) Becasue it works.

People spam kicks because it puts about 75% of the people you hit with it right on the ground. Same with a lunge. If you do it right and have practiced it then you can land it without anyone even knowing you were going to do it. Same with the dfa and any force power.

The problem comes from people thinking that it is wrong for that person to do that move over and over. Its not. Bad judgement and a poor player, yes, but wrong or a "whore" move no.

The only whore move this game had was the scripted yawspeed spin move. Any move that is a scripted manipulation of the game engine is wrong and will always be abused by those that think winning is a must.

As for the rest of the moves to each their own, but I do agree that a person who spams moves is can be no fun to duel or fight against.

But another question is using the same forcepower or saber move to defend against a spam move make you no different than the spammer himself. Are you now a spammer of that move because you had to counter thier spam with your spam?

Now I have a headache! :confused:

In the Rangers I was taught that you inflict the maimum amount of damage to a target with the least amount of effort. Perhaps the same applies to this game. If you are put into a corner and lunge a guy and he comes right back perhaps he deserver another one. Why plant a kick on them if the lunge does more damage and is easier to do? We must all decide for ourselves what tactics give us the "max damage" with the least effort.

Archived