Home

how did obi-wan get his ep1 saber back for ep2?

Pada-Wan

He went to Naboo with a fishing pole, and long fishing line. ;)

Most jedi's like to keep their saber-handle style, because that's what they are used to. (Kinda like Anakin rebuilt his Vader saber after his lightsaber)

So I am pretty sure he rebuilt it. :)

It's interesting to see now the canon evidence for the huge number of sabers Jedi like Anakin and Obi-Wan go through...

And what are those sabers that they were tossed in the arena scene in AOTC? Were those spares? Made by the Jedi Council? Did they make new ones after the incident was over? They both have different sabers yet again by the time AOTC rolls around.

I'd wager it's entirely possible that in a Jedi's lifetime, going through a dozen or so lightsabers isn't uncommon....

Originally posted by obi-wan13

He went to Naboo with a fishing pole, and long fishing line. ;)

Most jedi's like to keep their saber-handle style, because that's what they are used to. (Kinda like Anakin rebuilt his Vader saber after his lightsaber)

So I am pretty sure he rebuilt it. :)

yeah obi should know, hes the expert on all things Obi-Wan :)

Originally posted by Exterminator234

yeah obi should know, hes the expert on all things Obi-Wan :)

Dang straight, foo!

:D

If you think you know more about obi-wan then I do, you're one wrong person. :)

Originally posted by Exterminator234

i am one wrong person, heres a sample of my report card

Reading: F-

Math: F-

Science: F-

Social Studies: F-

Spelling: F-

:D j/k i get mostly A's

... lol... I just dont do my homework... If I dont get it done in class it never gets done... end of story about my grades... :D

Originally posted by Kurgan

It's interesting to see now the canon evidence for the huge number of sabers Jedi like Anakin and Obi-Wan go through...

And what are those sabers that they were tossed in the arena scene in AOTC? Were those spares? Made by the Jedi Council? Did they make new ones after the incident was over? They both have different sabers yet again by the time AOTC rolls around.

I'd wager it's entirely possible that in a Jedi's lifetime, going through a dozen or so lightsabers isn't uncommon....

according to the EU stuff, (and the novelizations of the movies which is only semi-EU) Jedi are supposed to have one lightsaber only and its a matter of dishonour to lose it. but since you mentioned anakin ill post some details: in ep2 when anakin got his saber chopped in the factory he said "not again, obi-wans gonna kill me" that means that he lost it at least once before. then he lost another one fighting dooku when the ol fart chopped it. he later built one more that obi wan gave to luke in ANH. and finally he made a red one. therefore anakin had at least 5 sabers. and quite possibly more.

"next time try not to lose it, this weapon is your life!"

I've read a fair amount of EU, and I'm currently reading the AotC novel, and I've never seen anything that says you're only supposed to have one saber at a time. Some Jedi even train in using two sabers at once. And if you don't believe me, or think that's just EU nonsense, go watch AotC again. In the arena there's a Jedi in the background fighting with two sabers. There are even promo pics of him, I believe, at the main Star Wars website. Besides, as easy as it is to lose or damage a saber handle, it makes perfect sense to carry backups. But I don't know how much I trust that lightsaber website; I think they made their own conclusions about a lot of the things there.

Originally posted by Kent H

I've read a fair amount of EU, and I'm currently reading the AotC novel, and I've never seen anything that says you're only supposed to have one saber at a time. Some Jedi even train in using two sabers at once. And if you don't believe me, or think that's just EU nonsense, go watch AotC again. In the arena there's a Jedi in the background fighting with two sabers. There are even promo pics of him, I believe, at the main Star Wars website. Besides, as easy as it is to lose or damage a saber handle, it makes perfect sense to carry backups. But I don't know how much I trust that lightsaber website; I think they made their own conclusions about a lot of the things there.

Ok Kent H from Georgia (I am too!!!! :) ), I didn't say using two sabers is EU non-sense, I said that retrieving the saber from the bottom of the pit, using the force, is EU non-sense. ;)

ANd we where tlaking about how many sabers a jedi has during his whole life time, not how many he uses at once. :)

Orginaly posted by STAR WARS: The visual Ditornary

Lightsaber designs often rlate to personal histories. Darth Vader's Lightsabwer looks much like the one he used as a Jedi Padawan, only darker. Luke Skywalker's lightsaber, on the other hand, folows the type used by Luke's mentor Ben Kenobi.

Mabe this answers the question?

Archived