Home

Merged Sig Threads

Guest King Andrei

Guest King Andrei

What IS it with you people? You can't except the fact that I have the right to a sig. Are you so obsessed? Stop it right now, I don't have the biggest sig you know, a lot of other people had bigger.

OK, yesterday I came back from a 7 days trip and found out that someone's been editing my sig. I put it back and started posted on EscapeMI Forums, then Metallus comes and edits my sig again.

Originally posted by Metallus:

I will not allow any member to be harrassed.

You are doing it, Metallus. I really hope this was only a joke/prank.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please.

Just shorten the sig.

It's not funny.

And even if some people do think it is funny, do they really want to see it every time you post?

If you do not cease and desist with the display of this signature, then I shall be forced to sue on the grounds that I have obatained repetitive strain injury from scrolling down too much.

Dammit, now look what youve done, youve forced me to be all mature and serious.

Seriously Andre a lot of people have asked you now, for our convenience, please remove/shorten your signature.

So far everyones been (relatively) polite but the longer this daft arguement goes on the more annoyed (and rude) people are going to become.

If a sig IS a right then its a right you shouldnt abuse, some forums dont allow signatures for precisely this reason. These forums are for everyone, no-ones trying to victimise you, we are just asking you to make things easier for us all when browsing.

Cheers

I've sent you a reply to your *interesting* personal message, Andrei. Basically, you put up a really long sig months ago, and people told you right away that they did not like it. You refused to change it for a long time, and so, at the request of numerous other forum members, I took action. You changed your signature back, and I took action again. If you do not shorten it, I'll be forced to edit it again, and there will be more serious consequences along with it.

Guest King Andrei
Originally posted by sultan12

I would really like to know which Eastern European country he is from

If you're THAT interested, check my Messaging Center on ICQ.com.

And as for this sig thing, I'll probably find a way to shorten it soon, but if I find out that other members have bigger sigs, I will certainly change it back the way it was.

Even if the content of the sigature were remotely humorous, it would still get annoying because of it's sheer repetition of usage. And I am talking about the volume of wasted space devoted to it.

Because you have a perpensity to reply several times to the same thread, the rest of us must scroll to get past the same, stupid message over and over. (and how do you amass over 800 posts in under 4 months? Holy spam, Batman) Have you noticed how the body of your messages are almost always shorter than that damnable signature? ... (even after your decreasing the font size)

Have you considered only showing it once per thread? Not showing that block of text 10 times in the same thread would go a long way to my accepting it.

It really seems like you are overcompensating for some inadequacy.

--raVen (who uses his signature sparingly)

We all remember what happened to -mek- (meksilon.) And he didn't do half the things you profess to, andrei555. Met, I was cracking up when you changed it, but you're right: it is a serious issue. If you piss people off enough to stop them coming here, then it's a blow to the LucasArts fan community, and may lead to less people buying new LEC games. It could happen.

Signatures are pointless - your name is listed beside your post, and you can include lots of interesting info in your profile which people can _optionally_ look at.

Signatures are a holdover from Usenet and Email, where these things are not available.

---

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this

continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the

proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so

conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their

lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and

proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot

dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground.

The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Just remove the damn thing. There's no reason to be that attached to it. As stated earlier, it's not all that great, more half-assed silliness than comedy. Regardless, even if it was once funny, you've beat it into the ground quite nicely, you know, like every poster with a sig on GameFAQs.com.

Guest King Andrei
Originally posted by raVen_image

(and how do you amass over 800 posts in under 4 months? Holy spam, Batman)

The way how I got over 800 posts in 4 months is NONE of your ####### business. But think about it: There are at least 15 Forums here.

AND STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SIG!!!

Guest King Andrei

But how I can I compete agaisnt this person who has a bigger sig and noone ####ing complains like a little baby?

Click here and you'll see...

Guest King Andrei

One more thing, I really had enough of you people telling me what to do with my sig, I want this thread closed as soon as possible, and from now on all complaints will be ignored on sight.

Archived