Home

Tales of the Jedi: The Old Republic

Guest Master Kenobi

Guest Master Kenobi

<font color="lightblue">A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

"A long time ago," explained an old Obi-Wan Kenobi to his newest pupil,"There was a time of peace and prosperity that prevailed accross the entire galaxy. It is now known as the Old Republic, and it existed in a place before the dark times, before the Empire..."

"It all began when my master and I travelled to a new forum, refered to as the JPB. The JPB began as a peaceful place, filled with hope and prosperity, the citizens of this place had an abiding respect for one another, and helped each other to a mutual advantage. It quickly became a place where one could go to make friends, joke, and have fun with people with similar interests. Until one day, when I suggested we form a council of learned men, to guide others in the hopes of making a better forum for all, I was wrong.."

"The council, which contained some of the wisest, most benevolent jedi I had ever met, which had the greatest intentions, spread only jealousy throughout the power hungry. It brought forth a darkness, unseen in any forum, ever."

"Rival factions soon sprang up to oppose the newly formed council, which led to much political bickering. Many opposed the idea, calling us "elitists", and "self-proclaimed dictators", they all lost site of the council's true purpose."

"And then, the dark jedi, hunted down and destroyed the jedi council, beginning with MasterYoda, others soon followed, almost all the jedi were wiped out, those who escaped the empire went into hiding, rarely posting, they scattered throughout the other forums, looking for a new place of peace and prosperity."

"But the darkness followed, and after the jedi and the darkness of the empire, there sprang a New Republic, a new breed of jedi, to carry on the legacy of the old. The republic, a mix of newcomers and old friends alike, formed a new life, which returned to the principals of the old ways. And the survivors of the dark times found a new home, among friends, at the Jedi Temple." http://pub14.ezboard.com/bjeditemple40428

"And the JPB was rebuilt, but many of the old, wise jedi had already left. And new ones came to fill there place, leaving only memories and tales of former glory."

"My pride has had terrible consequences for the galaxy..."

May the Force be With You....

------------------

obi_anakin.jpg

Council Member

Guest Jedi Shadow

A good place that Temple of yours to bad there aren't many people there, but I'll register anyways

I have followed the forum since the beginning and it is not what it once was,far from.

Let's what happened in the past is forgotten

ahem. you said this all ready in the role play forum. (i and neo are the only ones who go there any more. but if anyone wants to see the stories,not role play, they can. they are short and not long, but are very interesting. feel free to post anything there.)

------------------

duel3.gif Obi-wan13, A life, a jedi, a legend, a hero, a life for good. There is no death, there is the force.

Guest jedihorn1

Long live the Jedi Temple! May peace reign there as the NEW Republic; guarded once again by the Jedi, the keepers of peace and order. May the evil that once plagued the Republic never again destroy that which we have wroked so hard to regain. (ok, so it was a little dramitic.)

------------------

jedinew.jpg

Check out the best site for SW news rumors, fan fiction, chat and more! The Jedi Temple

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

Guest jedihorn1

Long live the Jedi Temple! May peace reign there as the NEW Republic; guarded once again by the Jedi, the keepers of peace and order. May the evil that once plagued the Republic never again destroy that which we have wroked so hard to regain. (ok, so it was a little dramitic.)

------------------

jedinew.jpg

Check out the best site for SW news rumors, fan fiction, chat and more! The Jedi Temple

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

Guest Yarael Poof

Obi Wan is right beyond what many of you can even concieve. The "power hungry" members of the old JPB forum brought the downfall of the great era that the forum once was, but all hope is not lost, the time for the return of prosperity is upon us, with a whole new start. There is so much about Star Wars that is still to be discussed, and a New Hope can be revived. I would hope that there is a great enough confidence in a new campaign that we can once again return peace and balance to the force. So please come over to the temple at http://pub14.ezboard.com/bjeditemple40428

Feel, don't Think....

------------------

yarael_poof_left.jpg

yearl, i've been here longer than you have,so dont start.

------------------

duel3.gif Obi-wan13, A life, a jedi, a legend, a hero, a life for good. There is no death, there is the force.

[This message has been edited by obi-wan13 (edited July 10, 2000).]

Guest Ben_Kenobi

thank you YP your invite is duely noted but this place is my home. To leave it would be worng. It is true that the old order is no more but this place has come around. Sure there is still a flare up once in a while but it is very helpfull and the other boards on JK.net are great you see people from here out there and you know them. This place is where I shall stay.

------------------

The force will be with you ...always

Guest Master Kenobi

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, Obi-Wan13, you have been here sooo much longer than Yarael! How could you have so much more experience, based on how you signed up 1 day before him.

BTW, I've been here longer than you, so I don't wanna here it.

May the Force be With You....

------------------

obi_anakin.jpg

Council Member

Guest jedihorn1

Children, Children. dont make me seperate you! lol. everyone just eeds to chill out. I am a Mod at the "Temple Forum" And I am an Administrator for the Official Jedi Temple Forum :The Council of Jedi. You can belong to more than one forum, and there is no need to bash and fight over which is better. You like one better, go there. You wanna tell others about it, great, just dont bash the one they frequent, even if you feel you are right.

------------------

jedinew.jpg

Archived