Home

How GOOD of a dueler are YOU?

Cedrin

I am curious as to what people think of their no force saber only dueling skill. Maybe some of you think of yourself as a Jedi Master, maybe others as a Padawan.

This is the time to let the world know how good you are and perhaps arrange a few duels with others on the thread to see who the true Jedi Master's are!

I'd consider myself an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest. If anyone would like to arrange for a duel, just let me know.

So, what is YOUR skill?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find this VERY hard to say since SO much depends on the outcome of a match. Some days I can tango with the best of them, other days I really stink up the place:)

But based on my memory I would reluctantly say 6/10.

btw cjais: Your avatar just got ALOT worse...how is that possible ??? :D:D

Well, I've had other people tell me I'm good, but I only think I'm ok. I never was very good at taking compliments.:p

I would have to agree with Druid on this one, it depends on the day. Some days I'm on the ball and don't seem to miss a beat and other days I'm lucky I don't chop my own leg off with my saber.:p

Right now, since I'm trying a new control layout, I suck big time. Athough, I think once I get used to it, I will be even better than before. But, there's nothing like hitting crouch when you meant to hit jump.:o

Originally posted by lexx

I have real good days and real bad days. Inconsistancy is my main problem.

me2

after like 3 weeks without jk 2 i really gotta warm up when i play:eek: (damn warcraft 3....such a good game)....people always tell me i'm really good though:D

it's kinda like this

"noooooooo, not twins, i'm doomed!!!"

lol

Well guys, if you wanna find out how good you are, then rate yourself on a "good day", and then factor out what you think depended on luck.

Or, you could say that your skill is simply the average of both your good days and your bad days. But I wouldn't say that really, since it's your good days that best reflect your true skill, not when you're grumpy or tired. Just like sportsmen.

Anyhoo, your score reveals nothing about your skill. I'd say it's a mix of creativity, precision and style. For example, red junkies haven't got any style or creativity, so I wouldn't rate them very high - but that's just me being stupidly philosophical now, just ignore my ramblings.

Oh, and if your opponent does something stupid and the game allows you to kill him for it, then that doesn't mean you're good, merely that you were lucky or that he was bad.

I'm really struggling to come to terms with skill here guys.... some help please?

EDIT - yeah I reckon my new avatar is far more handsome than the previous. But don't fret guys, I'm actually working on a new, original one that's gonna freak you out.

I'm usually about a 2 out of 10 if I play on a duel server.... I duel much better on an FFA server where folks are taking turns duelling... dunno why. Maybe the folks on duel servers are much more experienced at just duelling... maybe it's atmosphere... who knows.

But I *do* get games where I'm a 8 or even 9! I have know idea.... sometimes the other players are just really bad, but many times they are quite good.

Regardless, the social interaction is more important than the kills for me. If I'm on a server where a few are just running around racking up kills, I'll usually leave. But if their high score is accompanied by good nature and social "fun," I'll hang out for a long time.

SkinWalker

I agree completely Skin, skill is nothing when used by an ignorant mind, and a dull one at that.

FUN, is the goal of games anyway, right from the beginning.

It's ok if people can splatter me all over the floor, but please, help to let others have fun as well, *while* you win.

Originally posted by teutonicknight

Although.... I would rate myself as 2/10. I rarely win duels because of skill. I only use the other persons mistakes to my advantage...

Damn, didn't make myself clear....

In my mind, all duels are somewhat won by taking advantage of the other guy's mistakes. But, when, for example, your enemy does an DFA or yellow special and you then proceed to lunge him for humongous damage since he is helpless, then that isn't that much skill in my book. Did that make any sense?

I merely mean that a single lucky/unlucky strike can't determine skill.

Lexx, I'd much rather cut my wrists before I begin rating my friends.... It's hell for me really, and such an evil thing.... :(

I'm probably about an 7-8. That 1.04 completely threw me off for a while. Actually found myself having scores like 10/7. Very scary for me...

On good days I'm probably about a 8 or 9 depending on my opponent. Good opponents I am usually able to take care of in two to three rounds from watching how they play, but that's just down to sheer skill of observation.

when im on a duel server i usually do pretty good so i give my self a 7.5/10 i think that would be acurate cause thats my avreage win ratio. i tend to keep score:p but in duels during ffa i seem to always lose. i dont even bother dueling in ffa cause i end up losing

Originally posted by cjais

Damn, didn't make myself clear....

In my mind, all duels are somewhat won by taking advantage of the other guy's mistakes. But, when, for example, your enemy does an DFA or yellow special and you then proceed to lunge him for humongous damage since he is helpless, then that isn't that much skill in my book. Did that make any sense?

I merely mean that a single lucky/unlucky strike can't determine skill.

Lexx, I'd much rather cut my wrists before I begin rating my friends.... It's hell for me really, and such an evil thing.... :(

Okay... now that we have that clear, I rate my self 4/10....:)

FFS teuton!!

Don't simply conform to *my* twisted ideas of what skill should be!!!

I'm sure you're better than that 2/10 or 4/10 man....

Don't rate yourself in relation what I think is, merely give thought to what *you* think it is. And explain why!

Food for thought, that's all it is...

By the way guys, you could also reveal which stance you use, and whether or not you kick a lot etc...

I'm beginning to use all the stances, although yellow is still my favourite, and the one I always unconsciously switch to, when I'm facing a skilled guy. I loathe kicking, but sometimes it's just the only way to deal with a guy, headless chickens fx.

You won't see me lunge a lot, and it will be a cold day in hell before I willingly do a yellow special.... DFA is something strange to me, I *know* I'm gonna get hurt by doing it, but the move just looks so sweet that it's sometimes hard to resist: "Just *one* DFA, I'm sure I won't get cut up when I land..."

Oh... now that we have that clear....;)

Well it depends of the server. On good servers where I have a low ping: 8/10. On crappy servers: 4/10 :)

For "good" servers, I use medium stance and usally bait my enemy into following me, then I do a yellow finisher. Other times I lunge like an idoit, or crouch on purpose so that they think that I am in blue stance. then I quickly swich stances and so I do a yellow finisher. Sometimes I use the heavy stance (I need to pratice some time...). I usally slice them one time, then kick them to get them down (or if it have force enabled, push) then try (note the try) to do a DFA on them. It almost never works though.... :)

On "bad" servers,. I go in light, or sometimes medium stanace (never hvy because of mistiming becasue of lag.). Basicly, sidestep and slice. Some times I trick them into my lunge by rolling at them, then lunging. They think that I am crouching becasue of the roll.., but.... (this is where I would put an *evil grin* smily.....but I don't have one... ):rolleyes:

What does "FFS" strand for.....? :confused:

4-6 on average for me. In a single night's game time, which can be anywhere from 1/2 hour to 2 hours, I usually can get between 3 and 6 kills. On Duel that is, cause my computer's crappy, so I can't play anything other than Duel.

One time and one time only I got 11 on one map, and would have have taken the map if I hadn't made a stupid mistake. But the only reason that happened was I was playing new players, and they were being very predictable.

Originally posted by cjais

Keeper, are you from Denmark as well?

Have we played together on the Wargames server?

Weren't you the guy bitching about the 1.04 patch?

:p;)

That was probably me yeah :)

What's you name when you play? Don't remember playing a cjais :o

Although now that you mention it, it does sound kinda familiar...

I usually play with blue style, but sometimes that yellow dfa has it's place... cutting off my opponents head muahaha :p

You won't see me running like some maniac into a fight and just start slashing. I take my time and I only kick if the other guy kicks first, or if he's all over me. Then I just kick him to get a little breather and run through my options (before I run him through haha). I don't attack people when they're down and many people think that's just weak but screw them, that's how I play :D

I rarely use red stance but when I do, I love to see my enemies run straight into a dfa they never saw coming :rolleyes:

The only time you will ever see what stance I'm using is when I'm attacking or when I slip up and stand still :)

there's only one NF duel server that i get a sub-200 ping to, or there was last time i checked :) i think there may be another one, but it's full no force (ie no jump or throw), and the friction's messed up, so you can run at half the speed, and rolls send you about half a metre. i wish i could play on other servers more, but as it is, there's only one, and i usually do pretty well on it, getting to 10 with anywhere between 0 and 4 losses.

Archived