Home

Frontal kick ... it's a bug.

Canis_Aureus

IT JUST DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE AND YOU CAN BE COMPLETELY INVULNERABLE WITH IT AND JUST JUST DO STUFF LIKE SHOOT PEOPLE IN THE BACK OR SHOOT THEM WHILE THEY'RE SWINGING THEIR SABER AT YOU. RAVEN THE BRYAR IS A BUG PLEASE REMOVE IT I CAN'T STAND IT!!!

I hope you get my point...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DarthCobra

What a long lame thread. To all these ppl using kick scripts you guys are sooo gay. Braggin about how good you are with your kick script. how ****in lame. Kicking is easy to avoid ... get outta the way.

So did you read any of the 70-somethin replies? Or is your head up your arse again?

I'm leaning towards the latter of the two...

Anyway...

From the first whiners that lead to the first Patch I have noticed a trend. If they can't beat you, then you must be cheating, or it must be a bug in the game. Anything they fail to defend is NEVER their fault, its always something out of their control that is causing them to lose.

Yeah, this is pretty common in a lot of online games. UT was notorious for this. There arose a rash of people using aimbots, and it gave them godlike aim. Although hack protections virutally ended this problem, people continued to whine and shout "Aimbot!" to anyone with good accuracy or who was just better than them.

It kinda goes with the territory, really. They dont have to look you in the face, so they can say whatever they want, without fear of consequences.

I suppose it's human nature. Time to move to Mars, I guess.

ShockV1.89

Yep Ewok you are right. If you see anyone jump kicking from a slope they might be using a script. Try jump kicking against a wall... click as fast as you can. Then load a script and try again. Look how low the script kick hit... you can make it look like you do not jump at all and this is also a thing to look for.

But if I see someone who is likely using a script... I keep it to myself because there is now way they will admit it and therefore it is a waste of my time... or even worse - I might be wrong. But no matter what... don't bother accusing people of cheating, it's a waste of time. To be honest I think most times when someone yells cheater it's out of frustration more than anything else. Besides calling someone a cheater is the worst you can call a gamer... you better call him a b'tch that's not near as bad IMO. Cheaters are the lowlives, the scum, the criminals and unwanted elements of gaming society... so IMO it's a word that needs proof before you throw it at someone... and proff is almost impossible to get online.

I have made a very useful script though... If someone shows superhuman clicking abilities durring a saber lock I load my script and use it next time we get a lock. It is just a bit slower than the optimal saber lock script but fast enough to beat any human. If they win there can be three reasons

- They use a script.

- They have auto fire on their mouse.

- They can really click that fast.

But it's just for my own curiosity I use it... not to present any proof really. But the saber lock script is the worst script because it makes you win every time against a human. I really like saber locks... they remind me of summer games on my old C-64.

I look on gaming this way: It is more important that I play fair than if others don't and cheat. You have to have this outlook on gaming or you will soon go mad :D Besides I have fun even if there is a cheater or two in a game because most people do not cheat. Most people feel like me... they play games to have fun, and to have fun you need the game to be challenging. Playing against a bunch of new players who can never hurt you is no fun either. What I like best is playing against a player who is just a tiny bit better than me. Winning doesn't mean much to me, it is the gameplay that makes my fun.

One really cool option would be if whenever a player executes a custom script it gets posted on the server so people can see the script - it should be possible.

*'*'*'*

Oh and TK_GEEZus! ... I got your point - it was as subtle as a sledge hamer between the eyes... don't hope for silly things ... hope we get world peace instead :D

Originally posted by TK_GEEZus!

IT JUST DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE AND YOU CAN BE COMPLETELY INVULNERABLE WITH IT AND JUST JUST DO STUFF LIKE SHOOT PEOPLE IN THE BACK OR SHOOT THEM WHILE THEY'RE SWINGING THEIR SABER AT YOU. RAVEN THE BRYAR IS A BUG PLEASE REMOVE IT I CAN'T STAND IT!!!

I hope you get my point...

heehee excellent point!

However it is not Ravens way to just remove something. Instead they would make the pistol backfire and hit you every 4th shot or make you fall down after every shot in order to "balance it"

hahaha

Kicking is like... Table tennis.

Everyone can do it... but those who do it WELL are much much better. Kicking is therefore, a move which gets more and more useful the more skilled you become.

I've been fighting people in duel servers, kicked them once, and they've called me a kickwh0re immediately. Of course, they then try to kick me to death. But they are balked. I can TELL when someone's going for a kick, because their movement is entirely different to someone who wants to hit you with a sabre. They try to kick me, and I'm out of the way pretty quick. I then kick them while they're still in mid-air. Continue until death occurs.

This is the art of kicking. TIMING.

Now, when I face someone as good at kicking as I am,.. there are sometimes NO kicks in an entire match. I kid you not. Since we can both avoid each other, since we know not to get in too close, since we give each other distance and respect, we don't get a chance to kick each other. Often we end up using the light stance to inflict the killing blow, simply because it allows speed and freedom of movement which heavy and medium do not.

Complaining is not good. Instead, become GOOD at kicking, play people who challenge your skill, and you'll soon see that kicking is just a part of the game, no better or worse than any other aspect.

Kicking is fine and all, but when it's the only thing that's employed in a fight (or tried to at least), I get mad.

When people kick too much, I think they may as well turn off their saber, since they're not using it anyway: They only try to kill me using their kicks. And that isn't saberfighting anymore, so I leave.

People may disagree, but that's just my opinion.

Actually if the opponent has 100+ shield the kick is quite more useful than the saber... never worry about shields. If kick is fine as it is then IMO people should also be allowed to use it all the time if they want.... if they do they are predictable. Yet I managed to clear "gamesdomains two FFA Saber Only servers" today kicking. I kicked most of the time and well people really couldn't kill me too often (and I know I am not that good). At last an admin came in and politely asked me to stop abusing the kick... well of course I did and the game got a bit more fun for everyone. Spider Al I know for a fact that you are damn good, but it's not true that you can see when someone is kicking. It is faster than blue and you have no time to react. What I do is I make a swing, red/yellow and when they close in to hit me.,... I kick them. Yes you can kick people even in the middle of a swing. So durring a red swing where I am vulnerable I kick them.

There are a few players on gamesdomain that are very good at this. They will use their saber, but if you follow them it is clear that they rely on kick to kill. They will swing with their saber, but it's really kicks they go for... and these can't be blocked... you just have to hit that is all and unless the opponent runs away it isn't that hard. And trying to hit a kicker with red sidesweep... well since he doesn't have to swing his saber he can just parry those... so good luck (remember turning in the air while kicking isn't that hard).

I would like to add... Kicking is only a problem on Saber Only servers and if is of course still my point of view and not a fact that it is indeed a problem.

Just try watching some very good players... many of them rely mostly on kick to kill their opponent and the only real defence against these people is getting better at kicking. Using your saber takes to long especially if they have 100+ shields.'

I tried on jedimod servers too and it seemed a bit harder there. The reason I think is that your arc of defence is smaller, so it's easier for people to hit you from the side. FatalStrike already said this in a previous post and I think I agree to some point. Besides lowering the arc of defence would make saber combat more interresting in general since you wouldn't see all those weird side and even from behind parries... but that's another discussion.

Originally posted by ShockV1.89

So did you read any of the 70-somethin replies? Or is your head up your arse again?

I'm leaning towards the latter of the two...

Why would i read all these stupid posts. I got as far as the idiot bragging about how good he was with his kick script. I had some idiot the other day dueling me. Kept tellin me to quit running. Like what im spose to stand still so he can kick me. Like any move in the game if spammed to much it gets completely insane. You kicking idiots with your scripts need to get new scripts and use more than one move. As to countering the kick, like i said before get outta the way!!!!!! and quit freakin whining!!!

Originally posted by Spider AL

I can TELL when someone's going for a kick, because their movement is entirely different to someone who wants to hit you with a sabre.

100% correct sir.

That is the single most important thing to learn not just in kicking, but dueling in general.

So very few people seem to pay attention to their opponent’s position, distance and overall movements.

Sure everyone knows stay at X range and avoid Drain/Lightning, but I'm talking about paying attention to your opponents position in relation to you throughout the entire match, and adjusting your distance constantly so you are always in the perfect range for avoiding the quick "dash" attacks like lunges and kicks.

Originally posted by Blues

I don't understand why people even use scripts. I mean, how lazy can you get to have to bind a simple move like kick to one key? Eventually the game'll get to be where all you have to do is press one key to kill someone. LOL.

it already has... DFA scripts...

Originally posted by DarthCobra

Why would i read all these stupid posts. I got as far as the idiot bragging about how good he was with his kick script. I had some idiot the other day dueling me. Kept tellin me to quit running. Like what im spose to stand still so he can kick me. Like any move in the game if spammed to much it gets completely insane. You kicking idiots with your scripts need to get new scripts and use more than one move. As to countering the kick, like i said before get outta the way!!!!!! and quit freakin whining!!!

lol

You call me an idiot and yet you seem to have no idea what I wrote in those posts - You need to define idiot I guess. Besides calling me an idiot in an incomprehensive post like that just isn't good self-advertisement.... Bragging about using scripts? Please I said just the opposite really I don't like scripts simply because it lessens my gameplay challenge. and "You kicking idiots with your scripts need to get some new scripts and use more than one move". LOL what exactly do you mean by that? Nothing I suspect... I suggest you get an autopost script that just posts happy jokes for you instead of the above. Please lets can the bloody flaming and try to argue like adults for once!

Anyways DarthCobra ... quit whining! Please.

Brina1 a DFA script would ruin the move. If using a script you couldn't easily attack in one direction and the suddenly DFA in another... you would limit the use of the DFA way too much and really ruin the move.

You kicking idiots with your scripts need to get new scripts and use more than one move.

Here you are, referring to all of us who kick. However, you only read one person who bragged about a kick script. How does one person bragging about a script apply to all of us? If you read more, or even skimmed the posts, you might see how foolish you're sounding.

And by the way, I just skimmed through the posts, and I didnt see a single person brag about their scripted kicks. If you're referring to Canis, he wasnt bragging. He said that he tried a script out, won a bunch of matches, decided that it sucked anyway, and dropped the script. He really didnt brag at all.

If you dont agree with what he's saying, fine, thats your choice. But dont claim he said things he didnt, and dont try to twist his, or my, words. You'll do nothing but earn yourself a bad name here (and something tells me you already have).

ShockV1.89

>To set things straight I have only used the script in one game online after I had practiced kick for a while to see the difference but have just tested in on bots and kicking against a wall to see how low it hits. It does give you an edge, but I don't like using scripts that makes the gameplay any less challenging. Besides... kicking is really easy and some guy called F!sh gave me a lesson in kicking yesterday... thanks F!sh :D

You want people to stop relying on kicks? Then give back some of the weapons to fight it. Start by reducing blocking, and make sabers stronger. Yes the MOD does this and thus kicking is reduced or at least more easily countered.

Stop being so sensitive to players spamming moves, WTF do you care if someone does a DFA too much, or a kick too much, stop whining and play. Everybody who plays this game is so damn touchy about everything. All this honor crap, and "play for fun not to win" garbage. Everyone thinks different and so far only the whiners are being represented in these stupid patches. These patches are why you have a kicking problem in the first place!

Well fatalstrike ... while I don't agree with your oppinion why they made the patches I do agree that the really insane blocking in 1.04 may be causing some of the problems. I see players block sometimes when I attack then from behind just a bit to the side. Saber damage is also a problem. With the saber you have to go through 100+ shield... you don't have to do this with kicks. In FFA duels the fights are really great. Kicks are used in a tactical way rather than as a weapon. If someone is ready to swing on your side a kick can get him outside striking distance. I like how kicking works in FFA duels. Lets hope the clever heads at Raven lock themselves up in a room and start discussing how to improve the overall gameplay and not fix small details that actually lead to other problems.

Originally posted by SeraphimII

Um....Jedi can kick other jedi, it's in the movies.

Um....Yeah, but how many times did they do that? And guess why?

Because it's friggin' dangerous to use any melee weapon against a saber, other than a saber itself.

If the jedi in the game can parry attacks at lightning speed, how come they can't slice that would-be kicker up?

Ever tried the singleplayer campaign for this game? I'm sure you all missed kicking those reborn, but were the fights any worse b/c of this little detail?

Originally posted by cjais

Well, Í don't think frontal kicks should even be in the game...

Try running straight at a guy with an ignited saber and kick him. Try and count how many pieces you knee-cap is in, after that attempt.

sure I'll do that right after you try getting hit with a saber 3 times and still being alive and kickin! Or how about taking a rocket to the chin and still killing the guy that hit you with said rocket?

Realism is not going to appease even half of the players of this game. Realism would mean every laser blast to the head after your shields are gone kills you, every saber hit (any stance) removes a portion of your body. Being push off a ledge would leave your player in a wheel chair.

So please no more "what would really happen statements" lets not forget we are speaking of a game!

If the jedi in the game can parry attacks at lightning speed, how come they can't slice that would-be kicker up?

The "would-be kicker" is a Jedi also and has the same speed. Thus there is no speed advantage!

Ever tried the singleplayer campaign for this game? I'm sure you all missed kicking those reborn, but were the fights any worse b/c of this little detail?

Yes now that you mention it the fights would have been more fun had I been able to kick them. E-mail Raven so they add it to the next game!

Archived