Home

Save Darkside!!!!

PsYk0

ok my name is [Darkside]MorningWooD

I work at the Darkside Servers... this is tough for me to say but we are in dire straights in terms of our funds for the servers.

I am wondering if there is a way we can have a sponsor for our servers so we can continue running them. We need assistance, help up you're our only hope...

If anyone knows of a way we can save our servers please tell us our site is http://www.darkstats.com

you can reach me at wagnerb86@yahoo.com

please do not hesistate to respond...

Hey....A lot of people have seen my out there in the world playin this and other online games under the name Bad Karma..........I have to say something here about the Darkside servers.....they were brouhgt online with 2 things that other server I have seen do not have...............

1. The main purpose of the Darkside servers are stats....when ever you are online and playing in the game, it tracks your wins and losses and even tracks the names of the people that you have beat and have lost to and how many times. A formula is put to the numbers and the ways the match were played and skill points are assesed. It even has a way to figure out if you are fighting a inexperienced fighter and when you beat him, you dont get as many skill points as you would fighting a skilled player and winning. It allows you to measure yourself against others and then posts the rankings on the web site. The rankings are updated every 15 minutes so they are a very accurate accounting of the abilitys of the players there.

2. The second thing about them is the online freindships and good times that are fomed online. There are 6 online servers hosting 6 different games so there is plenty of room for all. The Darkside admins are all of fine caliber and personality and there is always an admin lurking around and keeping an eye out for anyone who is causeing trouble by using profanity or racial slurs so that person gets kicked so everyone else may enjoy themselves.

My point is that out of everywhere on the internet to play online JKII, there has yet to be a place that I have found to be more hospitable to you and go out of their way to make the game enjoyable than the people at darkside. I feel it would be a great loss to the spirit of the game if this place were let to fade away.

It is better to learn to fight than to just lay there and bleed. -=Bad-Karma=-

Popup's and banners ads dont make very much money unless you are a very high traffic website. I am talking about millions of page views and even then they have a hard time paying for the bandwidth used to support a high traffic website.

The banner market crashed about 2 years ago dropping the revenue of online advertising to basically pennies.

It is the unfortunate but that is the reality of the market these days.

I just wrote what i felt about the Darkside servers because I've been playing JKII online for about 4 months now and out of all the servers I've found online, these were the most enjoyable on the internet bar none. Why? Because this is the only set of servers on the internet that I can go to and totaly enjoy myself.....I'ts not run by some clan thats all full of them selves or full of people that are stand offish. Every one there is freindly and helpfull. I've seen one of the most elite players in the world there give tips and help a NOOB just because he got asked a question on how to do something. every time that someone comes in and thinks that it would be fun to hit you while typing, or call you names and generally be an ass****, the admins were quick to warn them, at if it continued kick and then ban them if need be. also when the servers were down for maitanance, I played on others in that meantime, I could not finsd people with the abilities of the players on darkside and then when the profanity started, there is nobody around to do anything about it.

Bottom line is, If you enjoy JKII, after playing just a couple of days on the Darkside servers, the other servers available out there are just not up to the standards of the admins and other players in ability or friendliness.

I am an admin of the Darkside servers. I'll be sorry to see them go....

If anyone supports it I'll be with you 150%.

The greatest part of Darkside servers was the absolute competition and learning experience. No other server had better players in terms of both honor, fun, and competitiveness.

Alas.. I also made a TON of friends on Darkside.

Hey Flux.....I would venture to say that if I took the top 5 players in stats off the Darkside servers, and put them together, bet I would have the most elite duelers in the world today right now......I'm betting that even Raven could not compete with the top 5 from Darkside. I love the fact that Thespis took the time to help and either give tips or show others how to improve in this game. I'm gonna miss that place deeply.

Something must be done.... my life will crash into under chaos and i may be forced to live a normal life with daily interactions with normal people. Going back to playing random JK2 games would be pointless, after youve played on darkside duels, there is no alternative. If DS goes down, ill quit playing entirely.

Well this is what happend when the servers were down for four hours http://www.darkstats.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=771

imagine what will happen when they are down perminantly... there will be insanity... literally...

The servers are up and running currently, come and get your first and last shots in while you can... They are located at the top of the duel list. I don't know their ips so I can't help you there. If Karma's plan works out the ips will change.

hey rev, I invite you to try them out right now.....after playing just a few times there you'll realize that there are high caliber people with high caliber skills that log into those servers.......plus the stat tracking alone will impress you.......caouple of days, and I bet you'll not whant to duel anywhere else.....here are the IP addresses for the servers.

65.107.31.186:28070

65.107.31.186:28071

65.107.31.186:28072

65.107.31.186:28073

65.107.31.186:28074

65.107.31.186:28075

5 of them are duel saber only NF v1.04

1 of them is duel saber only NF v1.02

I invite everybody to go and try them and then see the stats tracking in action and then meet the player that congregate there. You to will agree this is something that would hurt the game if it were not there for those who enjoy it.

I love the Darkside servers!

They're always adding new maps to keep things interesting, & there are always real good players there to give you a good beating.

If there is any way I can help, I'm there!

If any of you really enjoy playing there & don't want to see them go away, offer up your support. There are several plans being formulated, & when one is finalized, your assistance will be greatly appreciated I'm sure!

Til then, see ya on the Darkside!

ToppDog

Originally posted by Cedrin

Popup's and banners ads dont make very much money unless you are a very high traffic website. I am talking about millions of page views and even then they have a hard time paying for the bandwidth used to support a high traffic website.

yes but it does help

although they're very good servers (nice maps, good players plus you can see your stats) I don't play on darkside anymore. The servers are laggy...At least for me was ok when I started playing there, but one day all of a sudden my ping got to close 300 and stayed so since.

And I'm not half as good with lag as I am without.

I hope it dies, the admins called me several racial insults and banned me when I killed one of them...

(EDIT: I just read in the rules that evasion is not allowed, and I presumed the guy that insulted me was an admin because I got banned afterwards. My style is dodging till they get frustrated. My bad. And taking personal offence?

Mad cow or what ever the hell you call yourself....I take pesonal offence to your remark about admins doing what you claim.....I play on those servers for a reason....they are constantly patrolled by the admins for just that purpose, the enforcement of the Darkside rules which are very simple.......

Gameplay Rules:

Racist, sexist, or otherwise abusive language not permitted

Spamming or constant name change macros are not needed nor welcome

Bowing is NOT mandatory, but if your opponent does, do NOT attack them in the process

Constant evasion (aka running away for the whole fight or positioning oneself in a place inaccessible to your opponent) is pointless, just fight or leave.

Creative scripts, binds, etc. are allowed (what can we do to prove they are in use nor prevent it) as long as they don't violate any other rule (i.e. name change spam)

If you need to be gone for any length of time rename yourself to AFK or something and just let the battles continue

Changing your name when your about to loose will not be tolerated. Doing this unfairly raises your stats.

If you are going to be an ass, an admin will be obliged to show you the door.

Any of the Darkside admins can kick you for any of these reasons depending on severity. Repeated offenses will result in a ban from the Darkside servers. The goal here is for everyone to have fun and if your caught ruining that, you will be prompty shown the door.

Thats why I play in the Darkside servers....nowhere else is this being done at the professional level that the admins here do.

feel free to comment inteligently or dont bother.

Bad-Karma

Archived