Home

Skateboarding

Dissectional

Im 27 been skatin on and off since i was 12. Ridin a blind now with indies, reds, and spitfires. I set up a hawk III with risers, thunders, reds and the biggest longboard wheels i could find. That thing kicks ass, but to ollie up a curb is quite the challenge.

Never could stay on the damnable things. I was more into BMX stunts and races. In the end I gave up and stuck with guitar. No accidents there! Well, except the time one of my strings broke while jamming. I threw the thing to the floor in disgust and one end of it landed in the power extension board. Wow! I never knew that nickle plating could go off in such a show of sparks! Needless to say, the band was without power, and that meant that they were unable to hear us FIVE blocks away...:D

When I was 13 I was ridin some rails and landed wrong. Broke both bones in my left arm, had to have metal plates in my arm for a year and a half, had no gym through Jr. High and I still have two nasty scars 14 years later. Ah, its a way of life.

I feel sorry for ya cognito, I once broke both my arms, at the same place even, at the same time....

Anyway, have any of you seen the new flick "Dogtown and Z-boys"? I highly recommend it to skater enthusiasts, since it's about the original skaters, with some pretty neat photage.

Yeah dogtown is a kick ass movie. My worst skating injury was trying to BS smith a flatbar, when my trucks locked up. i flew forward, landing on my nuts, and then slamming on my ribs, cracking two of them. A close second is the time when i dislocated my elbow, and had to pop it back in. That was a bitch, and i had to wrap it in ace bandage for two weeks to keep it from popping out of socket again. Needless to say, it hurt. Bad.

i havent really skated much. im 14 and i have been thinkin about boardin but the last board i had was when i really sucked and i could only ollie then. im gonna get a brand-spankin new board in a few days or so, and then skateboardin shoes and a proper helmet (im gonna need the protection. im def gonna be a danger to myself and others. haha) and stuff. my worst bail (yes, even when you cant do any trix you still bust yourself) was when i tried to do a kickflip in my friends driveway and i hit the side and hit my head on the stone wall and i kinda just lay on the ground wonderin where i was. i turned out fine (well, i think i did) but it hurt like heck.

i skate, but i bailed sick, so im giving it a break for the time being, i almost tore my sack, and thats just not worth it......

yeah and i have a kickass HOT PINK NASH board, that i dont really skate with, but its good for some laughs...its older than me, and I have to spray silicon spray on the bearings and stuff, to at least have it ride smooth...

p.s. ROLLERBLADERS SUCK, they took the name "skaters" from us skateboarders..........

Ian

Archived