Home

WIP: Kit Fisto

Toonces

Hmm..I think I see what your problem might be. From the side view, it looks like the organization of the tentacles is a little off. From here

http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/kitfisto/kitfisto.jpg

You can see that the topmost tentacles are actually angled down the most, and the lower tentacles come back to wrap around them. Otherwise, I think the "offness" of the head could be corrected by lowering the head slightly(he has a pretty stubby neck), widening the face a little and bringing out the lower pair of tentacles coming out of his jawline a bit more to give his head an arc shape when viewed from the front.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! The force is strong with this one.

Nice progress Toonces. Heh, I couldn't believe it when I saw your avatar :D

The problem I see with the head is that it looked too thin from the front. I realized that it may be due to the fact that Kit Fisto's tentacles kind of start, and buldge out, on the sides of his face. Right on his cheekbones (that line that I think you mentioned) is a ridge that starts and becomes one of his thick tentacles. From the side your model looks almost perfect, but from the front I think the main difference is where your tentacles begin too far back on his head.

Hope that helps. I need some zzz's (fixed my compiling problems)

-nomad

MTFBWY

The head looks just fine. Everyone keeps mentioning it and everyone seems to have different ideas of how it should be. Must be confusing for u Toonces. And like u said u don't have enough poly's to work with. If u can't make any better for the head don't worry. It looks Superb!! I doubt anyone else would be able to make it anywhere near as good anyway !!

Originally posted by Toonces

the hands do look a little small. They are the Raven SDK ones. I was planning on modeling some custom ones :)

i hope you really do model custom hands. not that they're something you'd see a whole helluva lot of in-game ... it's just those LITTLE changes can make an incredible model just that much better. the link inbred posted here shows off his hands pretty well. having them as small as they are right now makes the rest of him seem too big.

just my 2 cents ... keep up the great work, toonces!!

heh, thanks guys :D being a perfectionist is a real detriment sometimes, but at the end of the day it makes me a better artist :)

adillon, I made the hands signifigantly larger. They did look a little wierd before, and Kit Fisto seems like a pretty tall guy, and upon watching his fighting scenes they are pretty damn big (and pointy too :) )

I've been tweaking the head alot over the past couple days. I rebuilt the sides of the head and modeled thoes suttle bumps that connect the tenticles to the chin and the eyes. I have to shape the face a little more now. I'll post an update soon, I'm just taking a day or two off from Kit (yeah right, I'll cave in I know it ;) )

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com