Home

What scrubs they send me!

Brina1

I don't claim to be the best player... I just claim to be damned good at fragging... Killing is my fortey... Killing at any expense that is... I've noticed people tend to focus on guns or force, they don't know how to defend against one very well if they use the other... And I tend to find the weaknesses rather quickly... I hate noforce and noweapons battles because it means I can't use every trick in my book... They specialize in this that or the other technique or style... Specialization is for insects!

But that's not what I'm writing about... I'm writing about those idiots who get their ass kicked by me then in discussing ganging up on me they call me "him"... I correct them and they ask "Why're you using the Kyle model then?"

WHO THE HELL USES THE DEFAULT KYLE MODEL ANYWAY!?!?

And this happens on my server where I have a modified JediMod that includes the model I use which happens to be the Jan in Pink model from Plasma Skins (great skin). The model would be automatically downloaded... But they insist I'm not using a female model and I tell them to turn downloading on... They don't know how to do that... Then I explain to them, and they "ok" and don't do it... But instead they later on complain I'm still Kyle...

One thing that ticks me off when I load up my dedicated server "<Insert Random Fanboy Name Here> has connected>" "<Same Random Fanboy Name> has been disconnected, impure client"

HELLO! It's called a MOD! You have to have downloading turned on or you can't play on a modded pureserver!! So what do I do? I turn pureserver off... Then the people see I'm using a map they don't have and they don't have autodownload on, so they go download it then complain that I'm using the Kyle model...

ARGH!!!!

Ok, then there's the Narshadda Loading Terminal level... "How do I get behind the forcefield to the sniper rifle!? What the hell? where did those lasers come from? The docking bay is flooded with them!?"

Geeze, where do these people come from? That's a conversion, albeit a poor one of the level from the original Jedi Knight... SHEESH! I can't believe the number of fanboys who haven't played the original... You'd think their level of devotion to Star Wars (I mean with names like Selius Crumb and other obscure names that aren't mentioned in the movies but rather in books) that they'd have played the original...

Ok, and then when there's just one simple little switch that turns the forcefield on and off, you'd think they'd be able to figure it out even if there isn't some big neon sign pointing to the switch saying "FORCEFIELD SWITCH THIS WAY!"

Sheesh... And then there's the people who do have the downloading turned on... Those people are quite fun to play with, one time a bunch of us got together in the piano room of the Shinro Mansion and just started dancing and showing off a bunch of models... one person switched to the Gundam model which on my server is scaled to 2.4 normal height, and the saber is scaled to 3.5 it's normal height, which makes it just freaking massive... hard as hell to see concidering it blocked your view of almost everything, but it's kinda fun albeit hard to go around stepping on the organics down below and squishing them with red stance... it's also easy as heck to hit such a big model with a purple or orange dfa lol... and who can miss something that massive with a gun?

Who cares about frag count really? Fun's where it counts...

Yeah brina, I feel your pain....

Ignorant people can be such a pain.... Just ignore them back, or kick them - your server, your rules. By the way, what's your servers name Brina?

LOL - I remember the old Narshadaa terminal, sooo much fun!

Oh, one more thing - I've specialized in NF SO duelling, simply because force and guns attracts immature lamers like flies to a dead rat.

Originally posted by cjais

Yeah brina, I feel your pain....

Ignorant people can be such a pain.... Just ignore them back, or kick them - your server, your rules. By the way, what's your servers name Brina?

LOL - I remember the old Narshadaa terminal, sooo much fun!

Oh, one more thing - I've specialized in NF SO duelling, simply because force and guns attracts immature lamers like flies to a dead rat.

not that living rats have that many fewer flies mind you...

the old Jedi Knight... those were the days... the force was difficult to master but when you did you kicked ass... the focus was on strategy, NOT on visual style... I'm with Miyamoto on the new Zelda game for GameCube... I'm sure you've seen the cool movies of the new zelda game then looked at the cartoonish cell shaded stuff and thought "what the hell? they can't be the same game" the thing is they ARE... just a different graphic set, they made the good stuff to show off the gamecube but they're using the bad graphics to show off the gameplay...

Gameplay rules, graphic should be just an afterthought NOT the priority!

my server tends be named Brina1 JediMod3.0 but that's a misnomer, it's sort of a... heavily customized JediMod++ 3.0, but I'm going to be working on my own variant of the opensourced JediMod

btw, I'm not that leet because of a simple little vsync inverter... it was just a little hex inverter chip plugged into the vsync line... the plans for it can be found on the internet although I only found out about them after I made on that worked... and I fried 3 monitors making one that worked... and those old NEC Multisync 3D monitors are worth their weight in gold, a friend of mine almost killed me for blowing up 3 of them... lol

Damn bro . . I am actually more impressed with your Technical knowledge then with your rantings of JEDI . . I'm serious . . it sounds like you really have your SH!T together in that department . . . So far I really Like your posts TOO!! . . very much of a "Down with Whiners attitude" . . which is the approach I take . . Look me up some time on MSN at rlewis80@hotmail.com . . wanna see where we can hook up and cross sabers . . :)

Keep preaching it bro and I'll keep reading . .

Ronin {VAL} (AKA Dark Zone {VAL})

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Sounds like you gotta put information on how to enable auto download in your motd, like many other servers have, and next time someone asks you why your useing the Kyle model say "It's the most popular one" lol

LOL you really would think it's the most popular one wouldn't you?

The only question is how do I put a MOTD in a dedicated server? Oh sure I know how to put a MOTD in the actual seperate dedicated server EXE but I don't know how to load a mod up on that one... so I usually just go to the computer I have set up for running my servers and set up a JK2 Multiplayer game and choose dedicated server rather than go straight into the game... but I can't find the blasted MOTD cvar because the damned thing scrolls all the cvars out of my buffer before I can list them and there's no server admin tutorials worth a server full of whore whores

Archived