Home

Zak McKracken - FM-Towns

Casa Addams

Ok... I know what you are thinking... "don't start..."

But does anyone of you actually got it or seen it or something?

I mean the ISO file without audio is pretty known. And the zip file with the wav files in awfull quality is also known.

But a real copy/original? Anyone?

What was in the box?

Someone?

One?

Hrm...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who are verry verry excited now:

No! We dont exchange the Zak FM-Towns ISO now and you can't have it! :)

Really! Nobody seems to have it! But this thread should stay open for the possibility that someone actually has the FM-Towns ISO.

And Zak256 is of course totally playable under ScummVM. But none of have the ISO, so don't ask. :p

Seriously, in my next communique with LEC Legal I'll ask if they can re-release this. But I suspect, as with LoomCD, they didn't retain the rights to it.

LOL!

Zak McKracken doesn't belong LucasArts as Loom CD-Rom doesn't. There is no way that they will rerelease it!

Would be great though..

Can't belive nobody has it... wouldn't even mention Indy3 or Loom for FM-Towns wich unfortunately (?) DO exist... ; (

This is the original (yep, Japanese) FM Towns machine. Very much like a PC, games had to be installed...

fmtowns_system.gif

..but with the FM Towns II (Also known as the FM Towns Marty) you didn't need to install games...so I guess it was more like a console:

fm_marty_2_sys.gif

The games came on CDs.

So you have a choice of either buying a Japanese Computer or a Japanese System to play the Zak Mckracken FM TOWNS game (or any other FM TOWNS game) The games and consoles are also very hard to find and very expensive. About $500 for the console at http://www.gamechoice.com.hk

Archived