Home

Zak McKracken - FM-Towns

Casa Addams

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is gonna open up a whole FLOOD of replies, but there is appearantly a FM-Towns Monkey Island 1 too.

I ****ing hate you! You just killed my last bit of life...

Zak McKracken: Ohmygod!!! Interesting

Indiana Jones 3: Not again FM-Towns!

Loom: Nooooooo!

Monkey1: Arrghhhh.....

Now I will never sleep again! Never!

Buhuuuhuuuuu....

:crybaby:

Originally posted by mercatfat

I'd like to see proof of any FM Towns game besides Zak.

Proof? Well... can't. But on the Zak FM-Towns CD were demos of Indy and Loom. You can see the folders in the ripped version I got but no actual data. And the music is on their (last two songs).

Bild32.png

Yeah I know Scabb, they look beautiful!

I own the original Zak game, and I bought it.

Then one day someone posted about this FM-TOWN version, and I downloaded it.

If we own the original game, then we can download the FM-TOWN version, eh? I'm not sure, but I wanted to ask you guys.

There's only a few versions of the FM-TOWN game in existence, and then we can download it as long as we own the original?

If not, I'll delete it right away - I promise.

So what should I do?

Should I keep it if I own the original. (Hmm... I don't think I have the original floppy anymore because I lost it. I found it on my old computer though (moved it to the old HD before I lost it)) :D

You copied it? Are you insane???

Thats a pirated copy! It is ILLEGAL!

Oh my god.. I think I just wet myself!

You are disgusting! People like you make me sick!

What's next? Rape? Murder?

God I'm pissed!

Casa.addams

P.S. Can I get a copy too? I have Zak original in many different versions and I thought...

Originally posted by Casa Addams

You copied it? Are you insane???

Thats a pirated copy! It is ILLEGAL!

Oh my god.. I think I just wet myself!

You are disgusting! People like you make me sick!

What's next? Rape? Murder?

God I'm pissed!

Casa.addams

P.S. Can I get a copy too? I have Zak original in many different versions and I thought...

Uhm... No, sorry. Was offended by the words you said I was.

So no, I'm not going to distribute it because it's still illigal, and I only downloaded it because I owned the original game.

I'll delete it if (anyone else) tells me to do it, because I don't like warez....and I DID not copy it! It wasn't me!

You got to be kidding me!

It was a joke!

God I hate people who do not think!

1. LucasArts is (now) a bloodsucking commercial company who did lost all its feeling for good adventuregames and for its fans.

2. Zak McKracken FM-Towns version is not sold anymore. So if you would (be so lucky and) buy Zak McKracken LucasArts wouldn't see a dollar.

3. Zak McKracken FM-Towns version does not belong to LucasArts but to Fujitsu Co. So if (what is so incredible unlikely) LucasArts would even spend a single moment on the thought about rereleasing the FM-Towns version they would drop the thought right away because they just CAN'T.

Same applys to Loom CD, Indy3 FM-Towns and so on.

Altough it would sure be illegal and "your" Zak McKracken is indeed a pirated copy or "warez" that you hate so much (lol).

So I would say delete it and save yourself a place in heaven.

God bless the simple minds for they do not have to question so many things in this world.

Amen

Grrrrr

pfew... no I feel better.

Casa.addams

P.S. I do think that Software Companys should be rewarded for their work! But in case of Zak McKracken FM-Towns(!!!) it is plain rediculous to talk about pirated copies...

jannar85, it is warez. Delete it. If you did not purchase the game from FMTowns, or secondhand on original cd, it is illegal to own. I know it seems cool to hide under the cover of "I own the original Zak, so I can download all the other versions" or "It's abandonware", but both concepts are false. It is the same as saying "I bought Windows 3.1, so it's ok for me to warez all subsequent versions" I am trusting you to keep your word about deleting it, ok?

You got to be kidding me!

It was a joke!

God I hate people who do not think!

Then it appears you have a small problem defining "think", as shown below.

1. LucasArts is (now) a bloodsucking commercial company who did lost all its feeling for good adventuregames and for its fans.

2. Zak McKracken FM-Towns version is not sold anymore. So if you would (be so lucky and) buy Zak McKracken LucasArts wouldn't see a dollar.

3. Zak McKracken FM-Towns version does not belong to LucasArts but to Fujitsu Co. So if (what is so incredible unlikely) LucasArts would even spend a single moment on the thought about rereleasing the FM-Towns version they would drop the thought right away because they just CAN'T.

Same applys to Loom CD, Indy3 FM-Towns and so on.

None of that, absolutely none of it, is justification for piracy. No matter what company made what product.

Altough it would sure be illegal and "your" Zak McKracken is indeed a pirated copy or "warez" that you hate so much (lol).

So I would say delete it and save yourself a place in heaven.

God bless the simple minds for they do not have to question so many things in this world.

Actually, it would be saving him from a heavy fine, possible jail time (yes, they actually do this - the fine for copying a certain CAD/Cam package used to be a $10,000 fine and 5 years in prison, minimum), as well as losing the feeling of "doing the right thing"

P.S. I do think that Software Companys should be rewarded for their work! But in case of Zak McKracken FM-Towns(!!!) it is plain rediculous to talk about pirated copies...

Unless FM-Towns puts the .iso up on the internet on their website with the word "Freeware" written below the download link, it is software piracy. Now, the Mojo/LucasArts fan community has always had a "no warez" rule in effect and you two should know that by now. Can we consider this warez discussion closed, or do I need to request that the thread be locked?

Your local law enforcement! I totally agree though Ben, so don't get me wrong. But I feel obliged to point out that LucasArts used to recomend you use a copy of the disks and store them on you hard drive too. In case of corruption or anything.

Archived